Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 28th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I fully agree with that Kyle. The rest weren't much of a factor to me, and even Raging Bull's isn't quite as effective, for the reason you gave. Combined with the geometry and trains, the predrop and flat on Apollo makes that drop one of the best I've ever ridden...a list that includes great first drops like that of Millennium Force and El Toro.

Post July 28th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Stress on the chain that magically was never a problem for any other company ever.

I swear you people will believe anything. THINK.

I was just thinking the same thing...

What's different about the chain/chain-dog system that B&M uses (or used to use) compared to any other type of coaster? Since the chain-dog is essentially a ratchet, as the car accelerates it just disconnects and rolls over the chain, right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Post July 29th, 2011, 2:32 am

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points

Post July 29th, 2011, 9:16 am

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
I just recognized something, the reason B&M doesn't use pre-drops for their new rides...is because...well, the drop aren't curving down anymore! They recognized that for a straight drop, they wouldn't need the pre-drops anymore. That is why Hydra, Behemoth, Diamondback, etc., do not have pre-drops. Show me one B&M ride with a curving drop that doesn't have a pre-drop...exactly. That is also why they sped up the lift speeds, gets the train over the crest quicker. That ensures that the rest of the train isn't sitting too long on the rest of the lift hill, while the rest is already dropping.

It seems that this new invert is going to break that trend, and they're trying a pre-lift-less drop that DOES curve. We'll see how long the ride stays structurally sound I guess. I wouldn't risk it, but it's already built so...lol, guess that doesn't matter anymore. And there really is nothing wrong with a pre-drop, I like them, and it makes B&M a little more unique. There also isn't a problem with no pre-drop...I just like them a little more. I don't know, maybe it's the nostalgia or something.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post July 29th, 2011, 11:18 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Well the floorless coaster being built in china has a predrop. So that leaves some hope. But about curving drops that dont have predrops, their flyers all have no predrop and curving drops, i actually think the first drop on this ride is very flyer esque.

Post July 29th, 2011, 12:22 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Tidus

I just recognized something, the reason B&M doesn't use pre-drops for their new rides...is because...well, the drop aren't curving down anymore! They recognized that for a straight drop, they wouldn't need the pre-drops anymore.
It seems that this new invert is going to break that trend, and they're trying a pre-lift-less drop that DOES curve. We'll see how long the ride stays structurally sound I guess. I wouldn't risk it, but it's already built so...lol, guess that doesn't matter anymore. And there really is nothing wrong with a pre-drop, I like them, and it makes B&M a little more unique.

You people are so dumb all the goddamned time. I don't understand it.
http://www.rcdb.com/1977.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/1976.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/1568.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/3305.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/4190.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/3141.htm

Structurally sound? You mean like ALMOST EVERY OTHER RIDE WITH A CURVED DROP THAT HAS EVER BEEN BUILT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND?!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 29th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
^

Meh, I like them.

But I guess it doesn't affect the ride THAT much.

That drop does look very Flyer-esque.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post July 29th, 2011, 2:48 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
**slams head on the table**
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 29th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
i like this b&m
and i love the park where it is going in :D
i will probably go back next year some time and ride this..

Post July 29th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
That coaster looks like the love child of Batman-The Ride and Talon. (in other words it looks badass)

Post August 4th, 2011, 7:25 am

Points on hand: 1,464.00 Points
Hummm.... See that low & very banked turn after the dive loop? [:D]

Let's go closer!!

^ That turn reminds me of Dominator's !

Post August 4th, 2011, 7:32 am

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
B&M's style transition-wise has changed A LOT. I've never seen an overbank look quite like that last pic on an invert before. It has that quick radius decrease at the apex just like their hyper hills do.

I dunno, it may just be the angle. I can't wait until this is finished.

Post August 4th, 2011, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
WANT NOW!
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post August 4th, 2011, 10:59 am
Dyl User avatar

Points on hand: 463.00 Points
I agree with coasterkid. The pre-drop is just a unique feature of B&M coasters. Just because this one coaster doesn't have a pre-drop doesn't make it work any less better than any of B&M's other coasters.
This space not for sale.

Post August 15th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 760.00 Points

Post August 15th, 2011, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points

Post August 15th, 2011, 4:17 pm

That flat part would look strange enough without trims.

Post August 15th, 2011, 6:43 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Tidus

I just recognized something, the reason B&M doesn't use pre-drops for their new rides...is because...well, the drop aren't curving down anymore! They recognized that for a straight drop, they wouldn't need the pre-drops anymore. That is why Hydra, Behemoth, Diamondback, etc., do not have pre-drops. Show me one B&M ride with a curving drop that doesn't have a pre-drop...exactly. That is also why they sped up the lift speeds, gets the train over the crest quicker. That ensures that the rest of the train isn't sitting too long on the rest of the lift hill, while the rest is already dropping.

It seems that this new invert is going to break that trend, and they're trying a pre-lift-less drop that DOES curve. We'll see how long the ride stays structurally sound I guess. I wouldn't risk it, but it's already built so...lol, guess that doesn't matter anymore. And there really is nothing wrong with a pre-drop, I like them, and it makes B&M a little more unique. There also isn't a problem with no pre-drop...I just like them a little more. I don't know, maybe it's the nostalgia or something.

[lol] @ this entire post.

People's lack of knowledge on all things engineering and science, is scary. I don't expect everyone to have the knowledge of a structural engineer, but you must realise you're being an idiot when you say something like:

"We'll see how long the ride stays structurally sound I guess"

WHAT!? Do you think this ride is just going to fall over in a couple of years time, because it hasn't got a pre-drop!? Or that B&M just builds the rides and hopes that they'll stay standing for a bit!? I'm sorry, whether the recent reign of anti-"trolling" tyranny comes down on my ass or not, I'm just going to sit here for the next 5 minutes and have a mighty good chortle at your blind ignorance.

[lol]

On the other hand, if you would like to learn about topics relating to this specific comment, send me a PM and I'll explain how B&M will know exactly what date in the future the ride's structural safety will come in to question using things like Material Life Cycles, and Factor of Safety etc. And the methods and precautions they will take throughout the life of the ride to ensure that it's materials are performing to standard, with reverberation testing, X-Rays etc.

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

**slams head on the table**

Post August 15th, 2011, 6:49 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Any shape and size of track can be structurally sound given enough supportwork. The beauty is in giving it enough to be economic and efficient.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 15th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Post August 15th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I was thinking the exact same thing. I am pretty sure they are exactly the same height and lenght, hard to tell though because Silver Bullet's lowest point is 20-30 Ft. above the ground due to the fact that it is built over existing pathways. Anyway, this looks like it is going to be a great coaster. Yet another reason for me to try to get to France in the next couple years.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post August 15th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Lol no thats a pic of tatsu not silver bullet. I just think this coaster has alot of flyer-esque shaping.

Post August 16th, 2011, 12:27 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Oh, my bad. At quick glance it looks like Silver Bullet, aside from the supports, almost exact. The Zero-G roll and overbank on Silver Bullet are in the exact same position as in that picture.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post August 16th, 2011, 12:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Kyle, I was thinking the exact same a week ago when the picture was put up.
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post August 16th, 2011, 12:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!