Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 16th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
The overbank on Tatsu prior to the pretzel loop? Yeah, it reminded me of it, but I never bothered mentioning it.
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post August 16th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by spacemountainfan619

hard to tell though because Silver Bullet's lowest point is 20-30 Ft. above the ground due to the fact that it is built over existing pathways.

What about the bottom of the cobra? And the helix?

[:(!]
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post August 16th, 2011, 4:48 pm

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
its funny seeing people get so worked up because a B&M dosnt have a predrop.....
"An artist can paint a picture on a canvas, but a musician can paint a picture on silence."

Post August 16th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

There are three types of modes on the standard B & M Lift.

Idle - No movement of the motor or chain, used in areas under power restriction or for small lifts
Jog - Slow jog just to keep the lift moving
Run - Fast jog, the service speed that takes the train up the lift

The reason that the lift does not run at service speed all day is because the friction between the tray and the chain generates heat, and this causes wear and tear on the system.

When the operator dispatches the train the lift speed goes from idle to run, or jog to run depending on the hardware / client preference. You will find that this spin up time generally coincides with the amount of time it takes to drop the floor. There are a series of PX Switches, one in the window at the base of the lift, one half way up, and one just beyond the lift.

The PLC is programmed to count down to a preset time for each PX Switch, the train must trigger the switch in the set time frame or it will remove power to the lift. This is called getting stuck in the window. It's a safety feature.

As the train clears the lift the last PX switch is cleared, and the lift spins down to jog or idle again until the next process is run. Sometimes the lift is set to spin down back to idle a specific time after the middle switch is cleared, this is so that the train speed increases while the chain speed decreases causing a clean disconnect.

Post August 23rd, 2011, 4:29 am

Points on hand: 1,464.00 Points
More tracks & more supports & more layout visible:

The turn after the immelmann and the part under water are built.

There may whether stand a corkscrew, or whether a basical direction change like on the Batmans' after the 2 loops, because of the supports and the twisting of the track.

Behind the station, there will be a Zero-G Roll because of the supports.

Compare with Black Mamba's : http://cache.rcdb.com/msichvsva3thg62r00015l.jpg but you can also see those supports on Patriot, Phaethon, Nemesis Inferno and such.

Post August 23rd, 2011, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Originally posted by Mikey

There are three types of modes on the standard B & M Lift.

Idle - No movement of the motor or chain, used in areas under power restriction or for small lifts
Jog - Slow jog just to keep the lift moving
Run - Fast jog, the service speed that takes the train up the lift

The reason that the lift does not run at service speed all day is because the friction between the tray and the chain generates heat, and this causes wear and tear on the system.

When the operator dispatches the train the lift speed goes from idle to run, or jog to run depending on the hardware / client preference. You will find that this spin up time generally coincides with the amount of time it takes to drop the floor. There are a series of PX Switches, one in the window at the base of the lift, one half way up, and one just beyond the lift.

The PLC is programmed to count down to a preset time for each PX Switch, the train must trigger the switch in the set time frame or it will remove power to the lift. This is called getting stuck in the window. It's a safety feature.

As the train clears the lift the last PX switch is cleared, and the lift spins down to jog or idle again until the next process is run. Sometimes the lift is set to spin down back to idle a specific time after the middle switch is cleared, this is so that the train speed increases while the chain speed decreases causing a clean disconnect.

gwazi has that,
the chain stops once the ride goes over it
and resumes once thee train is dispatched :)

Post August 23rd, 2011, 8:42 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
>Typical B&M Shaping
>Parc Asterix Invert

Pick one.

Post August 23rd, 2011, 8:58 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I was wondering what the mother f**k.... after looking at those supports. Awesome.

Post August 23rd, 2011, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
So much win. They should make all inverts like this from now on. :D
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post August 23rd, 2011, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post August 24th, 2011, 12:19 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It's a corkscrew.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 24th, 2011, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
with a zero-g exit
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post August 24th, 2011, 12:49 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

But the zero G part is at the peak.

Post August 24th, 2011, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post August 24th, 2011, 3:34 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post August 24th, 2011, 5:35 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Post August 24th, 2011, 6:08 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Wow, I was excited when I heard Parc Ast?????????rix is getting an invert for 2012, after this (http://www.rcdb.com/4478.htm?p=0) happened. But I didn't know it was going to be that original! Shaping looks great, and I wonder what theming will do on that straight section next to the loop. Now PA will finally have a world class steelie to accompany its world class woodie!

Post August 24th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
It looks like an overbank entrance with a 0g finish... I wonder how it'll ride.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post August 24th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
Originally posted by Pad

its world class woodie!

tee hee, but anyway yeah that does look really awesome
Fly at the speed of fright

Post August 24th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I really like how B&M has been experimenting with shaping, gives us NL freaks more inspiration and more freedom when designing rides. This coaster is really looking good, maybe put Montu and Raptor to shame, more proof that it's not always about size.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post August 24th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

lol, just yesterday (before seeing the last set of pics) I was working on an invert, and made an element similar to that.
I than said "Naaaah, that'll never pass as realistic" and remade it into a normall wingover...
Oh, well not going back now, I can't be bothered to redo the whole finale and the brakes...

Post August 24th, 2011, 7:00 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by hyyyper

Heartline?

What's that? Never heard of it.

It's has one because it's a corkscrew. It's the same thing that Hydra has just with a bit more of a turn. I don't really see why you're all making such a big deal out of this. It's at most a bizarro Pyrenees corkscrew combined with the Hydra corkscrew.

Post August 24th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
CK, I bet if Lewis13 would have made a B&M invert with an inversion like that, you would have started a HUGE fight with Lewis13 claiming that he was retarded because he didn't use "proper B&M shaping".
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 24th, 2011, 7:41 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Imitating something that doesn't exist is wrong and I'm not taking your bait.

Post August 24th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

It's a corkscrew.

Completely disagree. The paths are completely different. A corkscrew takes the shape of an S or a stretched out S. This is so stretched out it leaves that realm and really is more of Zero G with a different exit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!