Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Parks in Germany?

Parks in Germany?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 1st, 2005, 5:52 am

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

My Son is stationed in Bamberg and I will be there in October this year for 10 days to visit and go sight seeing. Does anyone know of any parks that are within driving distance of Bamberg? I have asked my Son but he doesn't know.

Thanks.

Post April 1st, 2005, 6:23 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
hmmm... your pretty in the middle of germany, sorry, then i dunno. But i'd think an hour away from stuttgart [:D] from stuttgart is it about 1.5 hours driving to europa park [:D]

Search on rcdb in the treeview. Maybe you can find some good parks.

Post April 1st, 2005, 8:08 pm

Thanks.

I've searched rcdb many times but had hoped someone familiar with the locations could help me decide what was possible to do. Sure would be a shame to miss an opportunity.

Post April 1st, 2005, 8:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
If you dont go to Holiday Park and ride Expedition GeForce I will hunt you down and personally destroy you.

I have vowed to never leave that country without riding EGF.
First I gotta get there.

Post April 1st, 2005, 9:01 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

real, the park just overal SUCKS! Nothing really good in it except that nice freefall tower. But EGF is the entry price WORTH!

Foreseer, calculate a route from bamberg to hassloch (holiday park). I'd think about 1.5-2 hours driving? And if you'll take that route down till your allmost somewhere in Switzerland, then your close to Europa park [:D]

Post August 25th, 2005, 10:20 pm

Thanks guys.

We are definantly going to Europa park and 1 or 2 others. My Son and his friends want to take me around to see the sites as well. Needless to say 10 days won't be long enough to truly take in everything but it'll be fun.

Post August 25th, 2005, 10:48 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

skyline park is somewhere around memmingen, so if you go down to memmingen @ ulm, you get the change to ride an X-car coaster too [;)]
my report: click here

Post August 25th, 2005, 11:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Robb and Elissa think the park is great. However, its just personal preference. They seem to like the smaller parks with just a few good rides as opposed to larger parks with lots of average rides.

Ive gravitated to that ideal as well since my visit to a few smaller parks the last two years that had AMAZING rides but only a few. Which, Id rather have than a bunch of just "ok" rides.

Post August 26th, 2005, 6:31 am
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

agreed. I like the Holiday Park better then Europa Park. Not only because of Expedition GeForce but it's just a cool little park with some nice rides while Europa Park is just one big park with ''average rides''. There's nothing too special there, well, Silver Star...it's not too awesome. Not that it isn't woth visiting, I just think Holiday Park is the better one.

Post August 26th, 2005, 7:41 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

real, the park just overal SUCKS! Nothing really good in it except that nice freefall tower. But EGF is the entry price WORTH!
Foreseer, calculate a route from bamberg to hassloch (holiday park). I'd think about 1.5-2 hours driving? And if you'll take that route down till your allmost somewhere in Switzerland, then your close to Europa park [:D]

i totally agree with u, the park is really a bunch of crap but EGF is so fuking awesome its worth the entry fee jst too ride it

Return to General Theme Park Discussions