Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Photo TR Six Flags Elitch Gardens 8/1

Photo TR Six Flags Elitch Gardens 8/1

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 3rd, 2006, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
NOTE: It is kind of long. I also had to shrink the pictures BIG TIME.

Ok, where to start? Well, I flew out to Denver on the 25th of July with my family. We went mainly to go hiking in the Rocky Mountains, but I persuaded and got to go to SFEG and Water World. We went straight to Winter Park when we got to Denver and just chilled in our condo. We did some hiking and sight seeing for a week which was really fun.

We came back to Denver on the 1st, and went straight to SFEG. My dad dropped me, my sister, and my mom off at Six Flags and he took my brother to Bass Pro because he is a crazed want to be redneck.

We got to SFEG at about 10:30 and went to get our tickets. I, being my stupid self, forgot my Six Flags season pass, so we went to park Guest Relations and we actually got them to contact SFOG and I got a pass.

When we got into the park, we headed straight back to Half Pipe, my first Intamin coaster. We were greeted by a tiny line. My mom gets headaches really easilly, so it was just me and my sister riding. I don't even know if we waited five minutes and we were on. It was an AWESOME ride, with a surprising amount of airtime. It broke down when the ride was over, and we were stuck for about 10 minutes. Just because it was kind of short, I give it an eight.

Half Pipe- 8/10

My sister and I in line for Half Pipe

The sign and loading platform of Half Pipe

The ride in action

After Half Pipe, we went to Boomerang, my first Vekoma Boomerang. I had heard a lot about them, and them being rough and not fun. I do know that this one has the new trains though. Personally, I loved the ride. I only got one bump, and it didn't even hurt. We rode in the very front, and it was just awesome. Probably a three minute wait. Overall, I liked it and I don't see what everyone is talking about.

Boomerang- 7/10

Entrance of Boomerang

The layout...duh

Up the first tower (Me and my sister are in the front seat)

Tower of Doom was up next. It didn't have much of a line, maybe 15 minutes. This was good considering that it had quite a few people. I was surprised by how fast they loaded it. I wish that they could load Acro that fast! It was a great drop, but I don't think it can top Acro just because it does,'t tilt or rotate on the way up.

Tower of Doom- 6/10

Does it need a caption?

The line and stuff...

Then, making our way back to Twister II, we hit up Shake, Rattle, & Roll. It was my first top spin, and I really didn't know what to expect. There was no line, so we just hopped right on. It was pretty fun, but kind of painful when you go upside down. Overall, it was ok.

Shake, Rattle, & Roll- 5/10

Haha...

Its really fun

Twister II...Built wilder the second time around. It may have been, BUT they trimmed it...BIG TIME. There is abesolutely NO AIR other than the first drop. No, I am not exagerating, there is seriously no air. It was the most dissapointing ride of the day. I would have to give it a rate of almost fun. In other words a five.

Twister II- 4/10

Switch wilder with milder

Meh...

After the bleah ride that is called Twister II, we headed over to Sidewinder. The line wasn't too long, and there were slow loading times. It was only an about ten minute wait though. It was great! It pulled great G's and was just awesome.

Sidewinder- 7/10

Yeah...this is where Sidewinder is

Loop!

I would have to say this is the best picture of the day

We got off of Sidewinder and headed to The Flying Coaster. I hadn't heard one good thing about this coaster. So I thought to myself, how bad could it be? I got my answer, TERRIBLE. The ride hurts bad when it rolls because you aren't held down, you are just in a cage with too much room so you fall on the rack behind you. It really explained the term "Cages of Death." It is such a shame that it was my sisters first flying coaster. I don't even know if it would be fun if it had good restraints...

Flying Coaster- 3 rotten eggs out of 10

Save yourself the pain and don't ride...

This ride is a disgrace

After having my back and shoulders nearly broken, we went to Mind Eraser. I have heard bad things about SLC's, so I wasn't expecting much. My sister had a head ache from the Flying Coaster, so it was just me riding. It was about a five minute wait, and I jumped in the second car. I liked it. It was no where near Batman the Ride, but it was ok. I like how there is a lot of padding on the OSTR's. More about how I rated it later.

Mind Eraser- 5/10

This is how you get to Mind Eraser

First Drop

The rollover

We went back towards Half Pipe, but rode the swinging ship first because I promised here we would. After that, we went to Half Pipe and waited for like, five minutes to ride. It was still as good as the first ride, and I love how it spins and you can see the other people's faces. Some people make the funniest expressions :lol:!

Then we hit up Boomerang again (no bump this time), then another ride on Tower of Doom. I then had a bite to eat while my sister rode the swinging ship.

After I ate, we were going to go to Shake, Rattle, & Roll again, but we saw that Half Pipe had a super short ride. We basically jumped right on. THEN we rode Shake, Rattle, & Roll. The second ride was much better than the first and was a lot crazier and not as painful. It spun more and hung us upside down a lot longer.

My sister wanted to ride a flat in front of Twister II after that, so I just rode Twister II. It was walk-on like the first ride, and I made a funny face to the camera. If I worked for TBS, I would say it was mildly funny.

After that, we saw that Tower of Doom at a short line, so we rode that. Then we went back to Sidewinder, and it had much better loading times so it didn't take long at all. I almost blacked out through the loop...IT WAS AWESOME!

We then tried go over and ride the kiddie coaster, but we were too tall :lol:. I had actually ridden a clone of the kiddie coaster before, but whatever.

My mom wanted to ride the Big Wheel, so we went over there and the ride op had the ride unbalanced, so it was really wierd and making squeaky noises and was actually the longest wait of the day coming in at 20 minutes :P . I got some good overview pictures from the Big Wheel.

Yep...

Mind Eraser and Batwing from the Big wheel

More rides...

The midway, its actually really nice and clean

Observation Tower

Downtown Denver

My sister wanted to ride Mind Eraser, so we went over there and for the 3rd car. Unlike the first ride, the second was NOT smooth. It was VERY rough, but I enjoyed it because the OSTR's are so padded that its like hitting your head on a pillow. I couldn't rate it a 6 like I was going to just because of the roughness.

After that, we rode the Batwing. It's a swing ride and it is very tame. It was the second and last ride my mom rode.

We tried calling my dad after that, but he didn't answer, so me and my sister rode Mind Eraser again and got another rough ride, but it was still fun. When we got off, my mom said that she got a hold of my dad and said he was waiting in the parking lot. I asked if we could ride Half Pipe again, and she said yes. It wasn't going to be a bad wait, but luckily there were these two kids in front of us when they called for a party of four. The guy just turned and said, "We are together," and we just walked on to the ride. I must add that I love how they have Half Pipe's line organized. It is very smart how they have it set up.

Then we went to find my mom at the entrance and she bought me one of those big maps because we didn't park.

I might have missed something in there, but I got 22 rides between 11 and 5, so I was VERY happy. It was like a ghost town almost. We didn't even care to go to the waterpark since it wasn't that hot and the lines for the coasters were so short.

We went to Water World the next day, and that was also very fun, but it was kind of cold.

NUMBER OF RIDES
Half Pipe- 4
Mind Eraser- 3
Tower of Doom- 3
Boomerang- 2
Sidewinder- 2
Twister II- 2
Shake, Rattle, & Roll- 2
The Flying Coaster- 1
Batwing- 1
The Sea Dragon (Swinging Ship)- 1

Rates
Half Pipe- 8/10
Boomerang- 7/10
Tower of Doom- 6/10
Mind Eraser- 5/10
Shake, Rattle, & Roll- 5/10
Flying Coaster- 3/10

Post September 14th, 2006, 10:26 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

I'm going to sfeg this weekend for the first time. To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to it, it doesn't look like too great of a park.

Post September 18th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
Well, that is exactly what I was thinking before I went. I was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be very clean, and the rides were all operating very well. Of course, when I went, there were minimal crowds. The rides aren't bad at all, and the park is pretty small, so its about a 5 minute walk from the front to the back.

Post October 22nd, 2006, 8:43 am

Points on hand: 1,791.00 Points

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports