Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Plans found for 2012 Sea World Cali Coaster

Plans found for 2012 Sea World Cali Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 7th, 2011, 12:30 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Looks like somebody isn't very keen on the non-disclosure agreement and leaked some layouts to the community. It appears to be a Mack launched coaster featuring two launches.
Click on the pictures for full size. Images from www.screamscape.com

Image Insert:
193.69 KB

Image Insert:
110.53 KB

Image Insert:
81.19 KB

Image Insert:
43.82 KB

Image Insert:
137.6 KB

Image Insert:
222.58 KB

Post January 7th, 2011, 12:51 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points

Post January 7th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
Looks like a very solid coaster. Can't wait to see if they're actually going to build it.

Post January 7th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Does it have any Inversions?MACK launched coasters are awesome,y`all should be happy to get one.I think this one will be better since Blue Fire was built in a family park and never used its full potential.I`m a bit jealous.

Post January 7th, 2011, 7:06 pm
WES User avatar

Points on hand: 1,732.00 Points
Looks like another Manta themed coaster with the front view of the train drawing.

Post January 7th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Originally posted by SauronHimself

That layout is huge....LIKE A BAWSS.

It looks like multi-launches are becoming the new fad.
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post January 7th, 2011, 7:57 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

the multi launch in this case is a necessity . san diego will not allow them to make anything very tall.

Post January 7th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
I took a look at the post on Screamscape and I believe that it could be either Mack OR Intamin. The train rendering looks different than most Intamin trains, although it could be similar to the trains that will be on Cheetah at Busch (I'm not sure). At Screamscape, he wrote that the trains could include some thematic elements to it, (Manta Ray) which would be similar to Cheetah also. The supposed multiple launch would also again, be another similarity to an Intamin project vs. a Mack. On the other hand, the park's only other coaster is a Mack. So who knows?

I would like to see either though, I think any new development would be beneficial to SeaWorld California because of their general lack of thrilling attractions as compared to their sister parks.

Post January 7th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
F*CK Yes! Now there will be something worth to go to this park!
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post January 7th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Originally posted by chickenbowl

I took a look at the post on Screamscape and I believe that it could be either Mack OR Intamin. The train rendering looks different than most Intamin trains, although it could be similar to the trains that will be on Cheetah at Busch (I'm not sure). At Screamscape, he wrote that the trains could include some thematic elements to it, (Manta Ray) which would be similar to Cheetah also. The supposed multiple launch would also again, be another similarity to an Intamin project vs. a Mack. On the other hand, the park's only other coaster is a Mack. So who knows?

I would like to see either though, I think any new development would be beneficial to SeaWorld California because of their general lack of thrilling attractions as compared to their sister parks.

When you look at the train scraps and compare them with Blue Fire theres no doubt that this coaste is Mack.Although you have some good argument.
Maybe it could be a coop project between Mack and Inta.

Post January 7th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
I feel stupuid. I didn't look at Blue Fire's trains. So yes. It looks to be Mack.

Post January 8th, 2011, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Could be gerstlauer and their new lap bar trains that will be on dare devil dive. But i HIGHLY doubt that is intamin.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!