Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Post or wait?

Post or wait?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 1st, 2006, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 2,360.00 Points

I've had No Limits for a few months, and I thought I was getting pretty good at it. (That is, until I saw the coasters that were posted here! That was quite a shock.) I came here with the intent of posting, but now that I've seen just how good the rides with 9+ ratings are, I'm not too sure. So, my question is should I post my rough coasters with the intent of looking for track building advice, or should I just toss the old tracks and wait another few months until I can make better ones? I'm itching for advice, so I'm hoping that posting mediocre coasters isn't considered a sin here. [;)] lol. Anyway, what do you guys think? I think my ideas aren't too bad, it's just that I'm not very good at smoothing.

Post April 1st, 2006, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I think you should post them just for advice, and then use that advice to make your next coaster waaaaaaaay better. At least, thats what i did.

Post April 1st, 2006, 12:52 am

Points on hand: 2,539.00 Points
At least post one, probably one you think is your best work, and ill for sure give you a good long rating on how to fix problems and stuff. Everyone has to start somewhere though so just dont worry. Just dont post like 4 rides a day like some people that are new to no limits, that gets agrivating.

Post April 1st, 2006, 1:01 am

^lol. 4 rides a day? I think I can splurge and restrain myself to lower than that.

jk [:p]. I really just want to upload one every few weeks.

Post April 1st, 2006, 1:03 am

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Yeh, I would post what you think is your best ride so far, and use the advice you get when you start making your next ride. Keep posting and keep getting help on how to improve. Remember that even the coasters with 8s and 9s here still have things that could be changed to make them better.

Post April 1st, 2006, 1:18 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Mai, don't get discouraged just because the good coasters are so high up... everyone has to start somewhere, after all. Most of my original coasters were absolutely pathetic. I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for getting ratings from the better designers all this time, so I say post away, and learn as you go.

Post April 1st, 2006, 2:10 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
My first coaster was astounding. Ive never sucked.

Ok...that was really sarcastic. I remember my first rides. While I knew in my head what I wanted - actually making NL do that was another task all-together. It takes alot of time and the best piece of advice to getting good is to understand the program completely. Understand how the handles work in every situation. Understand their nuances and their quirks. The more you understand that the easier it becomes to troubleshoot problems and to avoid them alltogether.

Post April 1st, 2006, 2:28 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post it up man, let us have a look so perhaps we could help you out and give you some advice on improving. Be sure when you do post, you advertise it (with a link) so we can download.

Post April 1st, 2006, 5:44 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
yup, like said before, just upload them, get flamed, and follow the advice given in the ratings, and most of all practise

Post April 2nd, 2006, 12:40 am

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. I'll be posting my personal favorite coaster, Yatagarasu, tomorrow. (hopefully I won't get flamed too badly. I think it's a good ride, though.)

Post April 2nd, 2006, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Well, you definitely have a better chance of not being flamed if you take time to upload your coasters. Some of the members here don't understand that good coaster building takes time. So the best piece of advice I can give is to take your time.

Post April 3rd, 2006, 3:23 am

Points on hand: 3,683.00 Points
The best thing to do is to post one of your best rides and let the fun begin! The first ratings are the worst but, if you get quality rates with good feed back then take those comments and use them... Thats the only thing I did and it works. [8D]

Return to No Limits Coaster