Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Post your car

Post your car

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Originally posted by Oscar

You're an idiot freddie. Apparently you're not smart enough to know that a train is not a car. The subject of the topic is "post your car" not "post your method of transportation". Now go back to CVS and help the chick in aisle 5 get her tampons.

A car is a form of transportation. It has no other use, thus this is interchangeable. The first line in that original post was what do I drive. I don't drive, so I posted my method of getting around. And it's aisle 4A, get it right lol.

Chat =/= thread

Derp

No. You derail subjects all the time if they aren't to your liking, don't care on what medium. Can't have it both ways. You have done this as long as I can remember, back to Coastersims, in various ways, but it always comes down to if it's not to your liking either you try to change the subject, or everything that doesn't conform to what you do/think is bullshit. The bringing everything down to anything that's not geology is inferior is just a recent example of it.

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:24 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

http://www.coastercrazy.com/coaster_pic ... &pic=2.JPG
heres me and my explorer at knotts. 1994 , 230, 000 miles, and i wrench on it myself when it breaks down .been a good car, for a ford,

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Originally posted by jayman

Originally posted by Freddie

You're missing the point. It's not that I want you to think I'm cool and different by riding trains, its that you want ME (the reader) to think YOU'RE (the poster) cool by having a V16 that goes 0-60 in 9 seconds or whatever, when I (personally) couldn't care less, just like you don't care about my riding trains. Yes I think cars are a waste of time and money, but you aren't going to hear about that from me until it's brought up. It's a topic for discussion of a subject so I am discussing my distaste for the subject. Feel free to go in my topics and poop on photography and speakers or whatever if you feel the same distaste, that's fine by me.
cars ARE a waste of time and money if you are being supported and boarded by someone else, in close proximity to a train that takes you to your job you dont really need to have. however, for those of us who live 16 miles from work without any proper public transportation to get us to the place that we MUST go to every day for 10 hours or we will starve/become homeless, etc, cars are kind of a super extra big deal. then theres that thing where if i want to , say , go somewhere iother than home after work , i can swithc roads, which is way more convinient than the train..
that said .. i'd love to not have to drive a car everyday , and if the train stopped near my house and near my work i would take it every day .

This argument would work better if mommy and daddy were giving me a car and paying for it. The fact that my argument is that I don't drive kind of nulls most of this I think. I can resepect the fact that some need it to support themselves......but no one needs a V16 0-60 in 9 seconds. This is a topic for boasting and nothing more.

Your second to last point is rendered bullshit by the use of the word convenient. love convenience. I feel like if I really need to go somewhere or do something I find a way to do it regardless of whether or not it's convenient to me. The whole essence of your post is that I take the easy way out by being supported by others....but if that were the case wouldn't I just have mommy and daddy buy me a car and pay for my gas and insurance?

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:31 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

not really, why complicate your life if you dont need to .

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:32 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
but it always comes down to if it's not to your liking either you try to change the subject, or everything that doesn't conform to what you do/think is bullshit.

That's because it is bullshit.

car =/= train

thread =/= chat

Deal with it hipster.

Your second to last point is rendered bullshit by the use of the word convenient. love convenience. I feel like if I really need to go somewhere or do something I find a way to do it regardless of whether or not it's convenient to me. The whole essence of your post is that I take the easy way out by being supported by others....but if that were the case wouldn't I just have mommy and daddy buy me a car and pay for my gas and insurance?

They're paying rent and food already.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Both are forms of transportation, and both are mediums of discussion. Interchangeable. Deal with it tool.

And I pay for my own food, and I'm trying to build credit so some day I will be able to pay for my own house.

not really, why complicate your life if you dont need to .

But no, it wouldn't complicate things, someone else would be taking care of it, and it would make things so much more convenient for me! I should really get on that!

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:39 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Like you get on having your parents pay for rent and food while you spend your money on camera lenses and speakers?

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:42 pm

I pay for my own food and most of my money is going to savings. I buy things on a credit card (that I pay for) to build credit so I can afford a house at some point.

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Dude, I just wish I was badass enough to not care about the ease of getting around! Instead, I'm a little fragile baby vagina because I drive a car like a super pussy and don't do things "the hard way". [:(]

I'll never be cool!

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:45 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

he just said he buys his own food..
and there ought not be any shame in living rent free if you can,
but there IS a self righteous tone in the argument that " cars are stupid" . so are rollercoasters and amusement parks.. we could tear them down and build housing for the poor, but we want to have fun . some of us have fun in cars..

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:49 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Took this pic on the day i bought it. My Honda Civic ES 1.8 petrol but still does 55mpg on a good day, but i average around 40mpg 'cause i like to drive fast. It's got all the toys a man could want and i love it. Does 0-60mph in 8.9 seconds.

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:50 pm

so are rollercoasters and amusement parks.. we could tear them down and build housing for the poor,

I'm fine with that.

Dude, I just wish I was badass enough to not care about the ease of getting around! Instead, I'm a little fragile baby vagina because I drive a car like a super pussy and don't do things "the hard way".

I'll never be cool!

Yep.

Post May 15th, 2011, 2:52 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

heres some of the cars i've had http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/aut ... -Savoy.jpg 1955 plymouth savoy
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/ ... GAN401.jpg
1961 dodge lancer , http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/ ... -9253.jpeg
1969 ford falcon
http://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/fdp65com1.jpg
1966 studebaker commander, car i leaarned to drive in and drove as a teenager http://carolinastudes.net/images/385_IM001571.JPG
1960 studebaker champ
i also had a 1982 mercury zepher and a 1986 jetta ( that i loved ) also had a 1968 opel and a 1957 DKW ..

Post May 15th, 2011, 3:08 pm

lol Jayman, Freddie doesn't really care for coasters anymore, so that argument wouldn't really work on him.

I still have no idea what he's doing here on CoasterCrazy though if coasters are boring now lol. But whatever.

Post May 15th, 2011, 3:28 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
Lol, the majority of the conversation in the "post your car" thread is arguing about the point of the "post your car" thread. :P

Post May 15th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Image Insert:
829.94 KB

My truck; its a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.3L v8 engine who likes to suck my wallet dry when it gets 12-14 miles to the gallon.Its a beast in the snow. I'm probably selling it soon so i can get a small affordable car and buy myself a motorcycle.

Post May 15th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Freddie, just stop. Don't be like me in the NTG thread...
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post May 15th, 2011, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Not my pic, but same car and color. I'm soon to inherit it. 2008 Chevy Silverado.

Post May 16th, 2011, 3:57 am

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

It's not a picture of mine, but I owe this car:

It's a Audi 80 from 1988, has already drove about 800000 km which is about 497096 miles. I don't like much things about Germans, but they do know how to deliver quality cars!

Post May 16th, 2011, 7:49 am

Almost 500,000 miles?! Wow, that is pretty damn reliable!

I'd love to have an Audi or some other "mildly-sporty" car sooner or later, at least until I grow up and get an actually sporty car. [:P]

Post May 16th, 2011, 8:27 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,339.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well, here's me just getting into my car:

[lol] no, not my car, but I did get to drive it.

This is me next to my actual car (only picture I can find with it in, on my Facebook):

Can't really see her because of the snow, but it's a Ford Ka anyway.

This is a better picture, not my actual car, but is the same car in the same colour:

Yes, it's a girls car, but no, I don't care. [lol]

It was super cheap,
is in insurance group 2 (cheap!),
does me between 50 and 70mpg depending on how I drive,
tops out at not quite 110mph on the flat (had her at 120mph a couple of times with the aid of the large hill on the M40).

In short, I can't afford a better car, so there she is. her name is Katie, btw. As in, Ford KA-tie [lol] If I didn't seem like a rainbow loving person before, I certainly do now.

Post May 16th, 2011, 8:34 am

Points on hand: 235.00 Points

Originally posted by Oscar

You're an idiot freddie. Apparently you're not smart enough to know that a train is not a car. The subject of the topic is "post your car" not "post your method of transportation". Now go back to CVS and help the chick in aisle 5 get her tampons.

A car is a form of transportation. It has no other use, thus this is interchangeable. The first line in that original post was what do I drive. I don't drive, so I posted my method of getting around. And it's aisle 4A, get it right lol.

Chat =/= thread

Derp

No. You derail subjects all the time if they aren't to your liking, don't care on what medium. Can't have it both ways. You have done this as long as I can remember, back to Coastersims, in various ways, but it always comes down to if it's not to your liking either you try to change the subject, or everything that doesn't conform to what you do/think is bullshit. The bringing everything down to anything that's not geology is inferior is just a recent example of it.

Exactly, this off-topic-ness would not have started if CK did not step in like a dick.
You expecting something not being here?

Post May 16th, 2011, 8:44 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
No offense Yaminub but this arguement had fizled out naturally so why try and get it going again?

Post May 16th, 2011, 9:44 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Originally posted by TheArchitect

Took this pic on the day i bought it. My Honda Civic ES 1.8 petrol but still does 55mpg on a good day, but i average around 40mpg 'cause i like to drive fast. It's got all the toys a man could want and i love it. Does 0-60mph in 8.9 seconds.

we need that poop in America. i've got an '07 american civic, but I love those european civics!

Post May 16th, 2011, 10:18 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

We need diesel cars. Aside from a couple luxury Audi's way out of most people's price range, we don't have them.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion