Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Post your car

Post your car

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 30th, 2012, 12:14 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
Originally posted by AJClarke0912

RR88, how can you afford a Challenger R/T at 20 years old?

I think Challengers are cool, but for that money I'd probably get something else. The styling is great on those, but compared to the other muscle cars (Mustang/Camaro) it falls behind in almost every category. :/

Also: nice one blackhand!

You can buy a one-year-old Dodge anything for cheap. Dodges and all Chrysler products depreciate very quickly, so it's a gold mine for the used car buyer. If you finance a new Dodge with little to no money down on a 60-month loan, you'll be upside down until you've made about four years of payments.

Post December 30th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points

RR88, how can you afford a Challenger R/T at 20 years old?

I think Challengers are cool, but for that money I'd probably get something else. The styling is great on those, but compared to the other muscle cars (Mustang/Camaro) it falls behind in almost every category. :/

Also: nice one blackhand!

Thanks its my baby. Bought it almost 4 years ago. My first car. Saved up and paid cash for it.

Post December 30th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Yeah, I like how you made it look good but not ridiculous. I hate cars with fake air vents and poopty wheels.

I also like that it's the newer style 4th gen. I feel like the early 4th gens looked like those 90's Taurus' and were ugly, but with that edgy facelift it's so much better.

I like the latest 4th gen and 5th gens the most. The early versions of the 4th and 5th generations are blah and gaudy, respectively.

Good choice.

Post December 31st, 2012, 3:45 am

Points on hand: 120.00 Points

Got it a few yrs ago, but now im over it. I want a car but afraid ill regret it and want to go back to a suv. Plus my expensive taste for cars doesnt help. Cant win.

Post June 11th, 2013, 5:06 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

1993 toyota celica gt 2.2 ltr with 1000 watt amp and 10" sub. Got it last summer from my boss.

Image Insert:
34.89 KB
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post June 11th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You forgot to remove the white space in Paint bro.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 30th, 2013, 1:57 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Only gone and bought ourselves a new car!

Dat ass.

Post July 30th, 2013, 9:20 am

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Picking up my M3 tonight :)

This is not my signature.

Post July 30th, 2013, 11:55 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Have fun replacing those skinny tires, they're super extra cheap.

Post July 30th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Originally posted by fear the four

Picking up my M3 tonight :)

Whaaaaaaat.

I'm jealous - how'd you get that? Cost? Also, you should try autocrossing that sh*t. I'm autocrossing my high school prep girl car so you should too cause it's fun.

Post July 30th, 2013, 11:44 pm

You should be jealous. It's a higher mileage e36 m3 but has been serviced religiously.

Post November 10th, 2013, 3:51 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Finally upgraded the Ka to a new Fiesta! Properly nice car, especially inside - well pleased with it!

Post November 10th, 2013, 4:00 pm

You should be jealous. It's a higher mileage e36 m3 but has been serviced religiously.

Looks like you already have a nice start on your BMW douchebaggery. [;)]

Originally posted by gouldy

Finally upgraded the Ka to a new Fiesta! Properly nice car, especially inside - well pleased with it!

Awesome hatches dude. If only the Focus was the ST. [:)] Or maybe they don't have those in Europe? I think you guys have the Fiesta ST instead of the Focus ST. Although that would make your insurance go up. I hear the UK's insurance is totally not cheap.

Great cars either way. Are they manuals or auto?

Post November 10th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Looks like you already have a nice start on your BMW douchebaggery. [;)]

Awesome hatches dude. If only the Focus was the ST. [:)] Or maybe they don't have those in Europe? I think you guys have the Fiesta ST instead of the Focus ST. Although that would make your insurance go up. I hear the UK's insurance is totally not cheap.

Great cars either way. Are they manuals or auto?

The Focus ST and Fiesta ST are both available in North America and Europe.

Post November 10th, 2013, 6:00 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I know it sounds weird, but... they're from Europe. The current generation Focus you get in the US is a European car. The Focus, Fiesta, Ka etc. they're all from Ford's European arm, Ford of Europe, which is a German company (although they're built all over Europe). The Fiesta and Focus both come in ST mode, but the Focus also comes as an RS. The new generation Focus RS comes out next year, I believe. I'd love to have an RS Focus, but like you have heard, insurance is expensive! (Well, everything is expensive here, including petrol!!)

Originally posted by AJClarke0912Are they manuals or auto?

This is England, no one I know drives an automatic [lol]

Can't say I'd ever be interested in having an automatic, I think the closest I'd ever want to go would be a "flappy paddle" gearbox [lol]

Another interesting cultural difference here would be that most cars are hatchbacks. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that 2/3 of cars are hatches/hot-hatches.

Post November 10th, 2013, 7:03 pm

I know it sounds weird, but... they're from Europe. The current generation Focus you get in the US is a European car. The Focus, Fiesta, Ka etc. they're all from Ford's European arm, Ford of Europe, which is a German company (although they're built all over Europe). The Fiesta and Focus both come in ST mode, but the Focus also comes as an RS. The new generation Focus RS comes out next year, I believe. I'd love to have an RS Focus, but like you have heard, insurance is expensive! (Well, everything is expensive here, including petrol!!)

Yeah, I knew that - I just didn't know if they sold Focus ST's in Europe. I knew they sold Fiesta ST's. I forgot about the Focus RS's (which are even cooler).

This is England, no one I know drives an automatic [lol]

Good, that means they're more fun! I think that's a pretty essential thing to have in a hatch IMO. Despite that, it's the reverse here in the US. I know of maybe one person that owns a manual and everyone else is auto. Even on sports cars. It always just seems really odd to pair, say, a Dodge Charger R/T with an economical, dull auto box. They just cancel each other out in my eyes.

Another interesting cultural difference here would be that most cars are hatchbacks. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that 2/3 of cars are hatches/hot-hatches.

Yeah I always found it interesting when the UK calls a mid-size or full-size sedan "huge", but if I were driving those roads, I'd likely feel the same. The roads in the US are always very large and often straight, which means you can have your big detuned V8 Buick Roadmaster happily roll along at 13 mpg with room to spare.

I think the norm here is actually giant SUVs or useless "crossovers". Crossovers have the cons of an SUV (bad mpg, more road noise, poor handling, higher price) combined with the cons of a car (not much space, no offroad capability) to give you an ultimately useless car. Most Americans somehow find that appealing though.

Post November 11th, 2013, 10:50 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

SUV's are for retarded people that can't comparison shop. You'll get the same mileage with double the space in most minivans.

Also pickup trucks are stupid.

Post November 11th, 2013, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
lol, I'm buying one but running it myself...

Only gone and bought ourselves a new car!

Dat ass.

Post November 11th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Also pickup trucks are stupid.

At least pickup trucks have a truck bed. I don't know about you, but here in Kentucky people actually use them. Or at least most people here.

Oh, I don't know if I've posted this here, but here's something fun I did twice this summer: http://imgur.com/a/AFTkz

Post November 11th, 2013, 4:42 pm

I'll continue my douchebaggery

Post November 11th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
Here's my 1996 Chevy Corsica 4 cylinder that gets 33 miles per gallon highway and around 25 city. It has 270,000 miles on it.

Image Insert:
160.93 KB
Trackwalker

Post November 11th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Whatever makes you feel better about spending twice the value of the car on maintenance in the next year ;)

Post November 11th, 2013, 9:03 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm trying so hard to not spout off like a dozen stereotypes.

Looks like it's taken care of and like it was in a wash somewhat recently. My car has a laundry list of laughably stupid issues

Post November 11th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Originally posted by blackhand1001

Whatever makes you feel better about spending twice the value of the car on maintenance in the next year ;)
[/quote]

At least it's not a Mustang?

Matt, also recent maintenance was performed before I bought the car [:)] and I do my own work so the cost of maintenance isn't too hateful. E36 M3's are mostly enthusiast owned and garage kept or tracked only. Not you're typical BMW [:)]

Post November 11th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
I have a question. Maybe some of you will know the answer to this one. I surely don't. How come we males always refer to our cars as "SHE"? Like, "Ain't she cute?"
Trackwalker

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion