Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area The Villain, Geauga Lake - Recreation

The Villain, Geauga Lake - Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 5th, 2006, 11:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I've recently been carefully crafting my newest recreation...The Villain at Geauga Lake in Ohio! I finished post-lift trackwork (other than the S-curve into the station) and I assure you that you can expect one of the most accurate track recreations ever made. Trackwork was painstakingly created entirely using Elementary and AHG, and it's very accurate to The Villain's track and CCI's style in general.

I've put up lots of pictures on NLDC...enjoy! Be sure to leave me a reply...any questions, suggestions, and/or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://nldc.interfix.net/u29

Post January 5th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Looks really nice. But try to keep working on Roar and SROS too. Im really looking forward to those.

Post January 5th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Thank you. I'm waiting for some new Elementary formulas from redunzelizer to continue with SROS, and Roar's about done other than 3ds someone's supposed to be doing for me, and some lateral supports here and there...They'll get done though eventually. Thanks for the interest.

Post January 6th, 2006, 12:20 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Post January 6th, 2006, 12:40 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Post January 6th, 2006, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^Yea, then we could all feel the insueing pain from those wretched trains.

Villain could be an insane ride if it had PTC's. Its got crazy laterals and some very harsh moments of air.

Post January 6th, 2006, 1:40 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Post January 6th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Dude, STFU with that stuff when you've already told me that you don't know what you're talking about, you just wanted to write something negative. You said the same thing on CS and I don't appreciate it. Leave a comment if you've got something valid to say. Otherwise keep your naked avitar out of the thread.

^directed at coasterkidmwm

To everyone else, thanks for the comments. Yeah coasterdave, I can't use the Gerstlauer train style because it's not featured in No Limits like others have said. The next closest choice was the PTC, so I went with that.

Post January 6th, 2006, 12:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Looks good dude. It looks like its leaning to the side in one photo, but to me the Villain looks like that anyway, So good job [:D] It does look really accurate from all the photos and fotage ive seen of it. Shame i dont live in the US though [:(]

Post January 6th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 99.00 Points
This looks very cool man! Hope to see it finished very soon :)

Ps When do you think your recreation of Roar! is finished ?

Post January 6th, 2006, 1:03 pm

Thanks for the compliments. Not sure when Roar will get done... trackwork is finished, and manual lateral supporting is I guess 2/3 done, but the real holdup is the 3ds... I have someone who will do them, but he's busy with other stuff, plus he hasn't been on it so he's hesitant to make them since he's afraid they won't be as accurate as possible. You'll see it eventually though, I won't forget about it.

Post January 6th, 2006, 3:22 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by jpecool

Shame i dont live in the US though [:(]

Retract that statement before I destroy you! [lol]

Don't you mean: "It's a shame that I can't go on holiday to the US"? Because I think .... no, I KNOW that you did [;)][lol]

Seriously though, it does look good. To be honest, I've not really seen anything of the real ride before, I always see everyone talking about it and stuff and I've just never looked at it [lol]. I guess this recreation will be a chance to look at it [:)]

Post January 6th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

Originally posted by jpecool

Shame i dont live in the US though [:(]

Retract that statement before I destroy you! [lol]

Don't you mean: "It's a shame that I can't go on holiday to the US"? Because I think .... no, I KNOW that you did [;)][lol]

Seriously though, it does look good. To be honest, I've not really seen anything of the real ride before, I always see everyone talking about it and stuff and I've just never looked at it [lol]. I guess this recreation will be a chance to look at it [:)]

Sorry gouldy, im a little depressed that the UK are only getting 2 major coasters this year and one is a vekoma [xx(][:p] Its drawing me towards the US! ARGH kill me, kill me now!!!!!! [:O][V][:p] BTW yes i did mean i wish i could go to the US for the coasters on a long holiday that is all, no living there. Actually i did want to move to the US when im older, but im kinda rethinking that now. Hey i could have said france to really piss you off. [:p][:D] I want to move to France. YAY, lets all go to france, woot, Lets all go to france, woot!!!! Somewhere gouldys head is going to explode. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

dcs221, sorry to use your topic to annoy gouldy in, but it is fun, until i go to a meet up and they throw me in the lake like they once said they were gonna. [V] Anyway like i said dude, this rec looks really cool. Why dont you learn some 3ds skills, then you could do the 3ds and get them exactly how you want them eventually. [:D]

Post January 6th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
looking pretty sweet but like everyone else i cant wait till your done superman!

Post January 6th, 2006, 4:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I never realized how may recreations youve done. They all look brilliatn, cant wait to ride them as ive ridden all the rides your creating except Villan. Looks promising. I hope theres some airtime to go with those lats!

Post January 6th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I have no problems with original tracks being made with the Elementary, but using it to make recreations just doesn't work. Unless you have 20 times the amount of skill that Buster does at writing Elementary formulas, I can't see a recreation built with it feeling anywhere near the real ride.

Post January 6th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Looks great! You have definately risen to be one of the top builders on the site, so new work from you is great.

What's with the SFNE Superman recreation? I never really liked any of the other ones, so I would be curious to see how you can do with it.

If you need a tester for it or the Villain, I have been of them both about 100 times and would be willing to help find any small flaws in your recreations.

Thanks for sharing all of the great work.[approve]

Post January 6th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,977.00 Points

I think it looks good, this coaster is in my hometown so I'd have to say that looks impressive to me. Maybe you could use the CCI wood on the catwalks. Great job so far let me know if you want a tester. Oh and if you wan to add more to the ride don't forget all the lateral beam headchoppers. Still it'd be good without it. I can't wait to dwnld it!

Post January 6th, 2006, 5:50 pm

Actually, Intaminfan, using Elementary, especially for this recreation, has let me be sure the track is much more accurate than what you can do by hand. For example, my second hill uses a circular (bow) segment at the top. I have specified exactly the degree of leadins I want from the side view of that hill, and also I've given the entire segment a radius from the top view. I've used similar formulas for 80% of the ride. I didn't write these formulas...most of what I've used are redunzelizer's bowfu bowhat and bowdip, and a couple of times I've used HSAK. Like I said before, these wizards have given me so much control over my track, which helps me include all the accuracy I've hoped to have. Same with Superman...other than the overbank and one or two other segments, knowing how to manipulate the formulas I have to emulate real shaping is going to make it a lot more accurate. On my Superman recreation, the first drop and pullout aren't just 2 wizards... The drop pullover is one (cornu quintx rotated in the purg) followed by a straight segment, then the pullout has been done using three separate elements (all rotated with purg)...HSAK for the leadin to the pullout, and first half of the pullout, which has a consistent radius; HSAK with a decreasing radius for the second half which gives me the quick increase in g's that you can see in the official g-force graph, then a leadout using HSAK. The result is a first drop and pullout that's nearly indistinguishable from the onride video which you can find at rideofsteel.com, something that was very difficult to attempt when building by hand. So, *especially* with Villain, you're wrong about not being able to use Elementary without insane skills at making formulas.

Besides, I've seen one finished recreation that was even close to being like the real ride, and that was TTD2003 by Real. As far as I can remember, every other recreation I've downloaded from a coaster site has had major errors in accuracy and trackwork, and they were all done by hand. Ofcourse I'm not mad at you for saying that Intaminfan, but I am set out to prove you wrong [;)] with Villain, Superman, and Wild One, all of which will be/have been done using Elementary.

Anyways for SROS I'm waiting for redunzelizer to release a few wizards that should let me continue with the overbank (I can do almost everything else with the wizards I have currently). He said they're pretty much done, just not released yet, so I'm hoping to be able to continue with that ride soon.

Yeah I'd like your opinion pdonahue... I'll send it over now.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

EDIT-
Yeah, I'll be making all the handrails wooden, and I'll also change the colors of the catwalks so they're more authentic. Right now I just quickly threw on some supports just for the pictures. I will have all the lateral supports in there...probably adding prefab ones then modifying so they look the same as the real ones, and have great headchoppers like I remember the real ride has.

Post January 7th, 2006, 9:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Wow, that looks amazing. Your math skills are astounding, I just downloaded those formulas today, and it has taken me 10 minutes to figure out how to make a curving parabolic how I want it.

I'm looking forward to this and SROS.

Post January 7th, 2006, 9:57 pm

The real math skills are related to creating the formulas for those wizards. I just use my knowledge of shaping, plus some trial and error to utilize those wizards successfully. Thanks for the compliment though.

Post January 7th, 2006, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Did you construct Onslaught and Ambrosia in a similar manner?

EDIT: How did I let that mistake slip by...

Post January 8th, 2006, 12:02 am

Yep, almost exactly the same. The only difference is Villain required more careful planning to make those four rows of tracks parallel, plus make sure everything's accurate. Villain is mostly made up of redunzelizer's bowfu bowhat and bowfu bowdip (these were used for almost all hills because they have the correct shaping over the top that I described before, and you can set a turning radius) while Ambrosia and Onslaught used those two formulas, plus a much higher percentage of Buster's HSAK because that's easily modified and flexible.

Post January 8th, 2006, 2:35 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
DCS221.. after ur done this recreation it will look like the all most the real thing u could place some trees around it to make it nicer but verry good work on ur recreation of the villain.

Mat

Post January 9th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Thundermat, trees are in the plans. They'll be in the scene, just like they are on *every* one of my other rides ;) Thanks for reminding me though lol.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area