Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Harry Potter to Cast Spell on Universal Orlando

Harry Potter to Cast Spell on Universal Orlando

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post May 31st, 2007, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

great move by universal here.

carnt wait to see what they do with the themeing thought and what new rides and coaster there going to add
Making screams come true

Post May 31st, 2007, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Now let me first say i am not a fan of harry potter so this my sound a little uneducated but if i remember correctly there was something in the movie i saw in previews where they were trying to get this ball where they were like flying through hoops. It was harry and his rival at the school i think it was called quitich or something like that. Anyway it would be cool if they had a coaster themed after that.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

YES! I love Harry Potter. I'm so going.
But-but-but... I want to know what the new rides are.

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,516.00 Points

Wow. Im a big fan of HP and cant wait to see what they have in store for themeing. I especially love the pictures they have of the castle, that looks amazing!

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,895.00 Points
why is it in universal harry potter is English and it should be in a British them park and not America theme park but at least harry potter is going to stay around longer then we expected

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I've always just loved Harry Potter so this will be a new must-do in the future. I also agree with B and M, a Quidditch themed ride would do that park wonders (of course everyone sees it coming though). A Quidditch themed ride along with maybe a Tentacula spinning ride/Hippogriff themed ride/Castle ride or something or such...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:15 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I'm going to cry myself to sleep. Good by Lost Continent. I was glad I got to visit you before Harry Potter and all of his wizard friends flew in on thier broomsticks and took over.[:(]

If it was just a single attraction, it would have been cool, but a whole take over makes me sad.

Unless of course they fit this in some new area that I don't know about?

- edit- Actually, what I'm guessing is that they'll remove the Unicorn ride (or adopt it into the new hairy potter land) and then everything up until Hairy potter (including Dueling Dragons) will be lost continent and then after that it will become hairy potter, leaving just Lost Continent slightly smaller, which, imo is fine so long as most of it remains the same.[

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Coolbeans, as far as I understand this new addition will only be using part of Lost Continent. I read that they will be using part of the park services and staff parking areas for this new island.

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:46 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ yea, after reading some things on TPR and looking at their markings for where the land might go, and comparing that to the concept art, I think it will be likely that much of Lost Continent will remain untouched save Poseidon's Fury (which except for the water tunnel, is just so-so and I won't miss it).

i think all might be good. We get to keep Lost Continent, then we get a very large expansion on top of that. That also could be the reason why it's not Wizard Island, or something of that sort because it's not going to be part of an island.[;)]

Post May 31st, 2007, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Oh man, that's something I'm definately going back to Florida for. I'm a big HP fan, and I would love to see what kind of amazing theming they're doing with it. Also, there are so many opportunities for all kinds of rides or attractions in the area. I agree with you guys, some kind of Quidditch themed coaster would be awesome! I think that was a great move by Universal, it's gonna attract a ton of people too.

Post May 31st, 2007, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

This sounds like a perfect addition for Universal. But one question, if this is going to be behind DD where will the pathway go to lead into the new land?

Post May 31st, 2007, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post May 31st, 2007, 8:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Maybe DD will become part of the Harry Potter land? It is dragon themed and that would go wel with HP land. That would be kind of sweet if they added more theming to DD.

Post May 31st, 2007, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by philipman2000

why is it in universal harry potter is English and it should be in a British them park and not America theme park but at least harry potter is going to stay around longer then we expected

USE PERIODS (.) it's right there on your keyboard and it's not hard to press.

it's going into an american theme park because americans are the ones who commercialize everything.

Post May 31st, 2007, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,516.00 Points

Post June 1st, 2007, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Wait... Are they building the Simpsons ride of 2008 also?
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post June 1st, 2007, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

If they are that will be interesting.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post June 2nd, 2007, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
I think this is kindof a stupid move. Sure Harry Potter is all the rage and has been for like 8 years. But The last book, and the last 2 movies are all finishing up in the next year or two... This is going to be SO dead in 10 years. I can't see the interest for Harry Potter staying as high as it is.

Post June 2nd, 2007, 4:31 pm

Points on hand: 75.00 Points
It is a english book though so i see where your coming from.

Post June 2nd, 2007, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Originally posted by SFMM homie

I think this is kindof a stupid move. Sure Harry Potter is all the rage and has been for like 8 years. But The last book, and the last 2 movies are all finishing up in the next year or two... This is going to be SO dead in 10 years. I can't see the interest for Harry Potter staying as high as it is.

I think the back of my memories tell me, or speculation, that she gonna create side stories for characters..

Im telling u.. Harry Potter is a gold mine for everone, including J.K.R, She's not about to give up her money making scheme.

Next book will be "Ginny and the Potion of Forgetfullness" or something
Rarwh

Post June 3rd, 2007, 2:16 am

Post June 3rd, 2007, 5:21 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Um, what about Lord of the Rings? Star Wars? Until the new sequels came out, there was nothing really there to keep people coming back for it, save the hardcore fans that read the books. But that never stopped Star Tours at the Disney parks from not being popular. And they still are very popular.

It won't die.

Post June 3rd, 2007, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

I'm a huge Harry Potter Fan as well, and would love to see something extremely unique done for the new area.
Live, Laugh, Love!
--David K. Jr.

Post June 3rd, 2007, 8:55 pm

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Um, what about Lord of the Rings? Star Wars? Until the new sequels came out, there was nothing really there to keep people coming back for it, save the hardcore fans that read the books. But that never stopped Star Tours at the Disney parks from not being popular. And they still are very popular.

It won't die.

But that's very different. Star Tours is a ride in itself that doesent involve any knowlege of Star Wars. In fact those ships arent even IN Star Wars. It is a fun ride by itself. So it doesent fade. This land will have a bunch of nerdy crap that is for fans only. lol

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!