Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Tornado at Walibi Belguim Removal!

Tornado at Walibi Belguim Removal!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 27th, 2006, 10:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,012.00 Points

Tornado at Walibi Belgium has been turned into a giant pile of scrap metal!

Click below for pictures and more information.
Last edited by Canadmos on February 17th, 2006, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 29th, 2006, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Tornado tear down pictures, click here.

Tornado information and operating pictures, click here.

Post January 29th, 2006, 7:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post January 29th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Thats pretty cool. It would be very interesting to watch that happen.

Post January 29th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
Originally posted by screamomatic

I wonder why no park wanted to by it...

Because its a Vekoma

Post January 29th, 2006, 10:27 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
See saying no park wants a ride "because it's a Vekoma" is an incredibly retarded thing to say. I mean they've only made 272 different roller coasters, and it's not like they're still not slapping out coasters left and right. Flamingo's SLC and Expedition Everest are new this year and Everest is quite monumental.

Post January 30th, 2006, 4:12 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

does 5 years no maintainance say enough for you? The ride was offered for 1????????? but they had to pay the transportation costs theirselfs. But since this fully hasn't been maintained for a good amounth of years nobody wanted it...

Originally posted by spaminacan11

Because its a Vekoma

Why arn't the arrows and the togo's gone yet then? [:D]

Post January 30th, 2006, 6:41 am

Points on hand: 302.00 Points
well, as a vekoma's fan ( yep right, insult me up![:D]) it's sad to see the first european coaster with inversion tore down like that, but as most of you said, if it wasn't maintenanced well, why someone should buyed it????[xx(]

Post January 30th, 2006, 9:52 am

Points on hand: 1,895.00 Points
http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult. ... del=14this is all the rides whic are all the same to tornado yell so long tornado i didnt ride you but i rode your copy only 12 now i hope alton towers one doesnt goes

Post January 30th, 2006, 1:19 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I wish I'd known about it being up for sale for a Euro [lol] I would have had it! haha, then would have just gone there and shoved a small bit of it in my car and left the rest of it there [lol]. I would have stuck a little bit of rail on my wall and then I could say, I own my own piece of rollercoaster history [:)]

Post January 30th, 2006, 1:24 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by philipman2000

http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?column=1,10,3,4,5&order=1,2&model=14this is all the rides whic are all the same to tornado yell so long tornado i didnt ride you but i rode your copy only 12 now i hope alton towers one doesnt goes

Actually I believe there is only 8 left, as besides the one at Walabi World, there is another 4 on that list that have "operated" but are not operating anymore, check it more closely and you'll see what I mean [;)]

Post January 30th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by philipman2000

http://www.rcdb.com/installationresult.htm?column=1,10,3,4,5&order=1,2&model=14this is all the rides whic are all the same to tornado yell so long tornado i didnt ride you but i rode your copy only 12 now i hope alton towers one doesnt goes

I hope it does go! I havent ridden the corkscrew at alton for a couple of years now. I want it to go to free up space for a new flat, or part of that woodie that is still in the pipeline. [:)] Corkscrew at alton is as rough as hell, it needs to go, i dont care if it made alton! It is evil, and i would still have corkscrew at FL! [:p]

Anyway i didnt think this one looked that bad, until i saw it in pieces! [:p]

Post January 30th, 2006, 4:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,966.00 Points
woow! cool pictures! I've never seen something like that before!

Post January 30th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

shame, i think they accually are realy good rides. they have inversions, air time and if maintaind well are not that rough.

as for the corksrew i think it should stay in the park but it should be moved some where by the log flume because thats where most of the older rides are. i still think its a good all round first time inversion ride for the little kids.

Post January 30th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 711.00 Points
I'm suprised nobody snagged some pieces and put them up for sale on Ebay!!! lmao. People would prolly actually pay good money for them. Some people are just crazy like that. Of course, I wouldnt mind havin a piece of a roller coaster. ;)

Post January 30th, 2006, 10:23 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Post January 30th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Why did nobody buy it? Maybe all the potential buyers had ridden it before (or knew someone that did). This ride was one of my least favorite rides of all time. It was slow, it was brutal, and it had nothing really worth mentioning in terms of ride experience. The one at Alton Towers rides like a Rolls Royce compared to this piece of junk. Seriously, I hate to see ANY coaster lost forever like that, but if one HAD to get turned into scrap, the only ones I'd have suggested would this one or Gouderix.

Post January 31st, 2006, 4:20 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by minicoopertx

Why did nobody buy it? Maybe all the potential buyers had ridden it before (or knew someone that did).

[lol] Like i said a few posts before, It was on sale for 1????????? and transportation you had to pay yourself. But if a ride like this hasn't been maintained very well, then standing SBNO another 5 years. Then it has been used for tornadoween. So they made the ride look more crappier then ever! And after that they removed it now. If you want to fix this ride it would cost way too much money then this was actually worth.

Post October 4th, 2022, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 61.00 Points
I know that this is a very old thread but it makes me sad reading about this now. I rode on corkscrew at Alton Towers and was looking up something to do with RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 and discovered it was a clone of Tornado at Walibi Belgium.

When I last rode corkscrew at Alton Towers, it was seriously rough but I still went on it multiple times because it was a fun coaster and a piece of history.

Nemesis is getting retracked, it's a shame the same couldn't have been done with either of these.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!