Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Blackpool Pleasure Beach meet-up 06

Blackpool Pleasure Beach meet-up 06

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post February 26th, 2006, 9:09 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I am so unbelievably tired this morning, probably got something to do with how much of a laugh I had yesterday heh.

It was a fun day out, despite the massive crowds and queues and, I really do mean massive. In truth, we probably didn't pick the right day to go, because a few of the major attractions were also closed, such as the Grand National, which I was really looking forward to getting on. We did however, have a right good laugh pretty much all day. I wouldn't have thought you could have so much fun with a small stuffed Crazy Frog, won on a game [lol] ... small things.

The day started off with me and Gazag getting to Blackpool at around 9:00AM. Gazag hadn't had any brekkie so we found a cafe (eventually) and he grabbed a Full English, me having already had my Full English at home [:D]. We then walked around the outside of the park taking photos as we went, I think I managed to get a few good shots (as you will see later) and Gazag managed to get a shot of me looking gay next to some old track from the Big One, that was just lying around outside the park.

We met up with the rest of the peeps at the front of the park, just after 10 and swifty got our wristbands. We then waited outside the gates of the park, having a bit of a laugh at the Bolton accent [lol] (taidal werv = Tidal Wave, to the rest of us haha). When the park opened we strolled in and some of us bought some more food, including me (the Full English I had at 5:45AM starting to wear off), even though it was ?????????2 love 35 for ONE cheeseburger [lol]. We then went on to The Big One to catch our first ride of the day. We queued for a little bit before the ride opened, they were still testing and greasing it up. We queued for about half an hour once the ride had opened.

The Pepsi Max Big One - 6/10

The ride really was no more than I expected of it, me expecting not very much after hearing other peoples opinions of the ride. But still, it is now the highest and fastest coaster I have ever ridden and it was fun, mainly because of it's general crapness making me chuckle [lol]. I was in the very back car and still there was only the one time where there was even a hint of airtime and that was about 1/5 of the way down the first drop. Both the turnaround and the helix are way overbanked and for a vertigo sufferer like myself, hanging out of the side of a train with nothing below you for 150ft, isn't a pleasant thing, heh heh. (however, we rode it a second time at the end of the day and it gets a higher score, find out why later)

Bling - 9/10

After getting off The Big One and having a laugh at the onride photo's, we joined the queue for Bling, which was a really good laugh and probably one of the best flat rides I've been on, not that it's very flat of course, heh heh.

Steeplechase - 7/10

When we got off bling we had a go on Steeplechase, the queue was very short for it, but the crowds were starting to really build at this point. It was a pretty fun little racing ride, it throws you around a little bit on some of the corners, which was pretty fun. Me and Gazag won the race, beating the other two horses by a fair distance, taking them in the last corner [lol].

Roller Coaster - 9/10

After Steeplechase, we walked in the direction of Avalanche, but decided against it as the queue was, well, huge... and so we joined the queue for Roller Coaster instead. I thought it was great personally, just pure and simple fun to ride, not much else you can say about it. It would get an 8/10, but the lack of any restraint system whatsoever, means it gets extra credit from me [:)].

We grabbed some more food after that (TASH SHAVE TASH!), some rather wank Fish and Chips for me, that didn't taste very nice at all but still cost ?????????3 pissing 60! haha. It didn't help that we were served by a woman with a proper full on tash either [lol]. Gazag pretending to cough and shouting TASH! at full volume had us in stitches though.

We walked around the park for a little while after that, mainly just wondering what to go on as the queues for everything, were massive by this point. This is when English Coaster Guy stumbled across one of them grabby claw games, that was full of little Crazy Frog stuffed toys. He shoved his money in and won the thing straight off, little did we know that it would turn out to be thing that we had the most fun with, all day [lol]

We continued to walk round the park for the rest of the day, not really getting on much, not that we were all that bothered as we were having so much fun ripping the Crazy Frog to bits and making it eat it's own feet and such [lol]. We went in the 4D cinema which honestly, was the worst ?????????3 I have ever spent, all it did was make my eyes hurt, although it was amuzing at one part because of the way a kiddies doll looked with one of its eyes hanging out of it's head [lol]. At one point, English Coaster Guy got on this tiny pinfari kiddie coaster on his own with the Crazy Frog while we watched on, pissing ourselves laughing at him, first of all making it look like he was thrilled, then very quickly looking extremely bored. We thought it was going to stop on the 4th time round, but the thing just kept on going, 5 times round, 6 times round .... 7 times round [lol]. The rest of us then tried to get on but were turned away as there was loads of kiddies waiting to get on haha. We managed to get on The Big Dipper - 8/10, which was good, nice air and laterals all the way around. English Coaster Guy made me laugh, letting go of the Crazy Frog at the top of one of the airhills and catching it again, which was indeed, amuzing. We got on Roller Coaster again and had a right laugh fighting over the crazy frog and putting it in weird positions while the coaster was going round, the funniest was at the end though with Danny (English Coaster Guys brother) Hitting the Crazy Frog off the inside of the tunnel that you go through towards the end of the ride. I couldn't stop laughing and found it difficult to get off the ride because I was still laughing [lol]. We also got on Gold Mine - 0/10 honestly, what the hell is the point of this ride? [lol] It was seriously the stupidest and most boring thing ever, although we had a chuckle at the theming and scenery heh heh. Can't really remember anything else we did during the day, if anyone can remember abything else that was worth mentioning, then go ahead and post it [;)].

Most of the people at the meet-up left at around 6ish leaving me and Gazag to queue for The Big One for a second time. When we started queueing, it was perfectly light, by the time we were even at the station, it was pitch black. That gives you an idea of how long we waited for this ride. It was mainly because the ride broke down, there being a problem with one of the trains, that train then being taken off the ride and the ride reverting to a sinlge train operation, all adding to the amount of time we had to wait. We stuck it out though and it was worth it;

The Pepsi Max Big One - 8/10

Now I know that earlier I gave it a rating of 6/10, but the second time we rode it, it was much faster, for reasons I can't figure out. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that it was pitch black by this point making it feel like we were going faster, as the ride definitely was; this time the MCBR actually slowed the train down quite dramatically, whereas on the first ride, we had not been slowed at all. This time, at one point, I remember turning to Gazag and saying "What was that? Airtime?" [lol]. The added speed made it a much better ride, that is until we hit the block brakes, which like I said just, slowed us down dramatically and we went through the last part of the ride, just as slow as before, with that stupidly over banked helix and the painful piece of track that goes through the tunnel. We got off at around 8PM just as the park was begining to close, we tried to get on Bling for a second time, but were a few second too late. So we had a waz and grabbed some more food and a drink, before exiting the park.

It was really good laugh, all day (apart from queueing for The Big One at the end of the day) and I am really looking forward to Thorpe Park in 3 weeks time! Look out for a video of our day from Gazag, which is coming soon!

For now, here are some of the photos that were taken (prepare for a lot of pictures of The Big One [lol]:

One of the many shots looking down the street at The big One

The turn around and the shot tower

The turn around ... again

Quite an arty one I thought [:)]

A new ride for 2007??? [lol] As if.

mmmm, sexy old rusty track.

You can see the blokes in the station, who were putting brand new trains on.

The painful piece of The Big Ones track in the tunnel ... ouch

Really didn't look like Revolution would be opening that day heh heh.

"Beaver Creek", obligatory sigh inducing Beaver joke coming up...

I love drilling beavers [:D]

Look dark in this image but it wasn't, looks a nice silhouette though.

Heartlining? What is the meaning of this term?

Strange blurry night picture of The Big Ones lift hill, I wish I could have taken more pictures of it in the dark, with all it's lights, but unfortunately we were in the queue at the time and ths is pretty much all you can see from the queue.

Dunno about you, but that reads a little misleading to me [lol]

Finally, the onride of me and Gazag on The Big One, Gazag looking like he's having fun, and me being asleep, this being at one of the many slow points [lol]

If anyone would like any of the larger versions of any of these pictures, I have them all (and a few more, pointless ones) in 2593x1944 format. Just PM me if you would like one.

Post February 26th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Sounds like you had a fun day, can't wait for the video!

How many people showed up?

Post February 26th, 2006, 1:21 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post February 26th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

8 people did show up and it would of been 9 if it wasent for that time waster coaster mad.
the video is now done and i am just currently working with the lighting and the quality. it will be finished tonight though.
shall be sending it shortly to wws if he will have it.
Making screams come true

Post February 26th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,235.00 Points

hey guys yeah we had a blast at pleasure beach and really cant wait for the video

Post February 26th, 2006, 7:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post February 26th, 2006, 7:19 pm

well gazag is the one on the left wearin the white top n gouldy on the right with his usual wolves t-shirt ova his jumpa.

Post February 26th, 2006, 7:21 pm

wolves is a fottball(soccer) team for those who dont know.

Post February 27th, 2006, 6:16 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

What person thinks their hard be swearing at the camera?

Looks like you had a fun day out. I'm really considering coming next time. Gouldy, looks like its going to be a great addition to the theme park. How about for the next trip we go to Thorpe Park. I'll arrange it if I can be bothered.

Post February 27th, 2006, 9:22 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Ye it was an absolutely awesome day. There was so much humour throughout the day i p**sed for about 3 minutes when i got home. Im really glad i was able to meet you guys it turned out to be an excellent experiance. Ive bee to Blackpool about a 100 times before and that was by far the best trip ever!!! Im looking forqard to other meets around the counrty.

My views about the day! :-

Sitting next to Gouldy for the first ride of the day (The Big One) turned out great trying to find some airtime over the expansive layout was great. And i also loved trying to push him out of the train on the Helix [lol].
We was really annoyed that the ride seemed slow that day and as always in the daylight...'No Airtime'. So we went trying to find some air in the 'Hedge MAze' didnt we Gouldy? [lol]. That was really fun. We was gutted about Grand National not being open as it is one of my favorite rides at the park but at least we got some of the first viewings of the new trains! yay!
The Big Dipper was great as usuall, full of air, smooth and some nice positives. Steeplechase gave me whiplash AGAIN!!!! [lol].
Not forgetting winning the 'Crazy Frog Toy' on the game turned out to be amazing. we had so much fun ripping it apart and with my brother trying to dismantle 'Rollercoasters' tunnel with the frogs head with me and Gouldy wetting ourselves looking at it[lol]. Playing catch with it on the air hills[lol].
Everything turned out good that day. Apart from the fish+chips lady with a moustach. Gazag found it funny to shout TASH down her ear a few times. After this my brother and Nemesis Junkie took the last descent pies so me and Gouldy was really annoyed.

And then we turned into monorail enthusiasts[lol].
We had soooo much fun and i could go on all day with everything we did but my fingers hurl already[lol].
I cannot wait for the next meet because im sure to be there!!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing you guys and thanks Gazag for organising it !!!
Go WEEWEESLAP!
ecg[:D][:D][:D]

Post February 27th, 2006, 9:37 am

I am A genius at Grabbly claw games!!!!!
Well here is the toy that upped the days humour by a massive factor!!!

Image Insert:
15.29 KB

I wish i could show you what we did with it!!![:D][:D][:D]
But i put it to rest in the nearest trash becuase it had picked up some greasy debris of rollercoasters tunnel!!!

Another thing.... Some of you may have wheels, seats, headlights of awesome rollercoasters. But get this..... We was grabbing some footage of the Big One and as it came over our heads this wheels spurted off loads of little GREASE globules all over my T-Shirt arm.
So i have grease off the Big One haha!!!
Bidding starts at 1000 pounds[:D][:D][:D]

Post February 27th, 2006, 10:21 am

Points on hand: 2,077.00 Points
it was an emensely fun day in my book, well all i can say is cant wait till the next trip![:D]

Post February 27th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Originally posted by Matt

How about for the next trip we go to Thorpe Park.

i have arranged that trip, its the next one on the 16th of march.
make shure your there!
Originally posted by english coaster guy

I wish i could show you what we did with it!!!

dont worry, you winning it is in the video and what happend to it. (you, hat, clown coaser) you know what im talking about.
Making screams come true

Post February 27th, 2006, 2:12 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

gouldy you nasty boy! [lol] You better hope edge didn't saw that picture [lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 27th, 2006, 3:27 pm

"You better hope edge didn't saw that picture"

work on your typing

You better hope edge didn't 'see' that picture
Making screams come true

Post February 27th, 2006, 3:34 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^is it me or should it be

You better hope edge 'doesn't' 'see' that picture

Post February 27th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Well you've both wrecked Dirks joke now anyway. [:P]

Post February 27th, 2006, 4:09 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by gazag

"You better hope edge didn't saw that picture"

work on your typing

You better hope edge didn't 'see' that picture

Originally posted by hyyyper

^is it me or should it be

You better hope edge 'doesn't' 'see' that picture

2 morons that complain about a little grammar while other people are 500 times worse then me [lol] As long it's understandable you foo's shouldn't complain!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 27th, 2006, 4:35 pm

Originally posted by gazag

Originally posted by Matt

How about for the next trip we go to Thorpe Park.

i have arranged that trip, its the next one on the 16th of march.
make shure your there!
Originally posted by english coaster guy

I wish i could show you what we did with it!!!

dont worry, you winning it is in the video and what happend to it. (you, hat, clown coaser) you know what im talking about.YAY![:D]

Post February 27th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Post February 27th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Post February 27th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports