Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Ultra Twister @ SFA, 2007?

Ultra Twister @ SFA, 2007?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 11th, 2006, 8:55 pm

Points on hand: 730.00 Points
Ultra Twister has found a new home at Six Flags America. The roller coaster was previously located at the now closed Six Flags AstroWorld in Texas.
Whether Ultra Twister will be installed at Six Flags America or is just being temporarily stored there is unknown at this time.

Facts and Pictures: http://www.rcdb.com/id3535.htm
Last edited by Canadmos on April 17th, 2006, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 24th, 2006, 11:23 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Damn hope they give it a paint job, that thing was but ugly at astro-world.

How bout bright pink![:D]

Post April 24th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Yup! I saw it myself when I was on the lift of SROS and, yes, they have given it a fresh coat of paint. sorry to dissapoint you EcG, but its gonna be pure green and blue.

There were also a few areas blocked off with "Pardon our progress" signs. One of them was right before the entrance to Gotham City if you're going in from the Two Face side. The other two spots were where they took out the Alpine Bobs (which was located right in front of JJ's entrance) to where another flat ride was (the name slipped my mind) which was located on the path to SROS right past the end of JJ (the actual course, not the station and launch tunnl usw).

There are a bunch'a little things bein done around the park. One thing I also noticed was that the staff members were being "quizzed" so to speak with questions like how to upgrade to a season pass or little things like that. Its almost certain that you'll see an improvement with the bad reputation of the staff there by next year.

Post April 24th, 2006, 4:48 pm

lol shutup you don't even know. that happened once, maybe twice, and the only reason you think there's "all that violence" is because u heard about it once...maybe twice on the news.

Post April 25th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
All that Marine stuff was a load of tosh IMO.
I found it over the top when the security introduced Airport type Walkthrough Detectors at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I suppose its for our own personal safety.

Post April 25th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I never really liked that style of ride. I've never been on one, but from the looks of them on RCDB and rollercoaster tycoon, they never seemed too thrilling. But I could be wrong.[:p]

Post April 25th, 2006, 5:10 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Eh they're probably good rides, the American version was never really that creative.
http://drkssk.fc2web.com/zekkyou/rusuts ... twist1.jpg
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 25th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

ten bucks says that POS aint ever gonna run properly again.

damn pessimists! they're everywhere!

Post April 25th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I, contrary to some, would actually like to ride on an Ultra Twister. I haven't been on one, but it is definitely a novel ride IMO.

Post April 26th, 2006, 11:12 am

is it that unlikely that they'd fix it up enough to run it?

Post April 26th, 2006, 11:38 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Originally posted by Woodie Man

I, contrary to some, would actually like to ride on an Ultra Twister. I haven't been on one, but it is definitely a novel ride IMO.

I still think it's a waste. From looking at the limited layout ideas...it just looks like something I could easily get out of riding a flat ride...which would actually probably would've been a better idea IMO.

Post April 26th, 2006, 5:47 pm

they only seem limited because Togo hasn't made anything different. that's not to say they can't do anything else [;)].

Post April 26th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 88.00 Points
Just for your info it was a very cool ride! Second the reson for its shape, is due to the high salt air in houston. A few years before it was put in, arrow coasters built a prototype that never came to life, For its size, it was to be built in a small area.

Post April 26th, 2006, 9:25 pm

I take it the salt air can do something to the material of the track? or did they just say "Oh there's a lotta salt in the air here, lets build it inline!"

back up your argument, you could be right even though I don't agree with you, but we won't be able to tell until you give us a bit of an explanation other than just the fact that the shape is due the the high salt air in houston.

Post April 26th, 2006, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,480.00 Points

Post April 26th, 2006, 10:23 pm

Post April 27th, 2006, 12:54 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I always find it interesting when someone says that a ride is a piece of crap, or boring, or no better than a flat ride... then follows up the statement with "I've never been on one of those".

Get a grip, people. UltraTwister, while short and not very exciting looking, was a real thrill to ride. The tilt up to the lift was always a shock to newbies, the near-vertical drop was insane in the back seat, the speed hill was home to some serious airtime (even with OTSRs!), the forward twist was mind-numbing, and the stop on the transfer track was always peppered with screams and laughter from the riders who couldn't believe what just happened to them in a few short seconds.
The trip back was slower and more uneventful, but still fun.
UltraTwister was a cool, intense, and popular ride.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post April 27th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Post April 27th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Yeah, it may be now, but when I rode it at SFAW a few years back, I thought it was awesome. That drop was my first 90* drop, and I will always remember it. The hill was awesome like cooper said, and the twists were very fun. I don't think it would be a bad addition to anywhere.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!