Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Renegade Construction - Now OPEN - POV Pg 4

Renegade Construction - Now OPEN - POV Pg 4

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 6th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
You can see the current state of the construction site here: http://www.freewebs.com/frozen.htm, though it isn??????t much to look at right now. They do have photos of what appears to be pallets of wood as well as some large metal boxes, one of which has ??????GCI?????? spray painted on it

A reader with good connections has confirmed our rumor that the park will add a GCI wooden coaster

The latest rumor today claims that the park has started to receive large shipments of wood along with half a dozen other boxes, one of which apparently had ??????GCI?????? painted on it somewhere. The GCI wooden coaster rumor is looking better than ever right now

It??????s always odd when rumors take a sudden turn of focus, but I??????ve received three separate e-mails this week claiming that the new ride at Valleyfair would be a GCI wooden coaster. This would be a new move on the part of Cedar Fair which has stayed away from building wooden coasters for many years after having bad experiences with Hercules (Dorney) and Mean Streak (Cedar Point). But then they??????ve also had great success with ride??????s they??????ve inherited from parks they??????ve purchased like Shivering Timbers (Michigan??????s Adventure) and GhostRider (Knott??????s).

A park guests claims to have seen some interesting markings on the ground that may indicate the location of next year??????s attraction. The rumor says that behind the Whitewater Country General Store are a couple of stakes in the ground with orange ribbons labeled ??????TP Spire #61?????? and ??????T-14??????. A short distance away they found another pair on top of a small ??????grassy knoll?????? across the pathway with two stakes (TP Spire #62 and T-8). There is also some yellow and orange spray paint markings on the ground near the General Store and Red Garter, likely marking current underground utilities.

Source: http://vfcoaster.thatsanderskid.com/ http://www.screamscape.com/html/valleyfair.htm
Last edited by Canadmos on May 15th, 2007, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 7th, 2006, 6:17 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Sounds very probable, imo. Can't wait to see the mystery unveiled.

Post September 7th, 2006, 8:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

This sounds pretty cool. I wasn't hoping for a woodie, but Valleyfair hasn't had a new "real" coaster in over 10 years, so it's about time. Also, from what I've seen of Kentucky Rumbler, GCI has gotten alot better at building coasters since Wildcat, which I really didn't like for some reason.

Post September 9th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Personally, I really like Wildcat's layout. It has a lot of potential, except it is one of the most painful coasters I've ever ridden. But, I am interested as to how this would turn out.

Post September 21st, 2006, 8:19 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Valley Fair as announced Renegade

Thanks to Nosforato for this.

Post September 21st, 2006, 8:23 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Nosferatu[;)]

Looks like a great coaster. Nice lay out. I hope those hills give some nice airtime[:]
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post September 21st, 2006, 9:19 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Sweet ride. Awesome layout; it will give a lot of forces when it's properly broken in. Another cool station fly-by... another great coaster!

Post September 21st, 2006, 9:42 am

Points on hand: 2,386.00 Points

Sweet, can`t wait to ride this new coaster. Only 75 miles up the road from me.

Post September 21st, 2006, 1:41 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

looks pretty cool... but they're not using steel supports (which makes more sense seeing as how its easier to maintain than a wood structure), and they're still using MF's. Now, I don't mind MF's, but on this kind of coaster, which seems to be directed toward an outandback more than anything. Also, whats with all the long broad hills? Its called AIRTIME people. Nevertheless, looks kinda fun. If I'm ever up there, I'll check it out.

Post September 21st, 2006, 2:15 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Well, I am impressed, this is certainly not what they usually do, I am very intrigued.

Post September 21st, 2006, 2:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

It looks to have decent pacing and lots of low-to-the-ground stuff, but I agree with SMer, the airtime looks weak. It's got several moments of it, but it never looks strong. I still admire GCIs way of throwing in airtime in the entrance/exit of those fan turns.

Post September 21st, 2006, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

It doesn't give off that twister feeling though. It's more of an Out and Back. And I think it's too spread out. The first drop felt really unsteep. and the airhills were just bleh.

Sorry for sounding so negative, just my thoughts.

Post September 21st, 2006, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

It still looks like a great layout, and don't be completely deceived, im sure those hills have air, even if it's sustained floater. Pacing does looks really awesome too.

Post September 21st, 2006, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Looks like it is going to be a pretty good coaster. I can't wait to check it out.

Post September 21st, 2006, 5:36 pm

It doesn't look amazing from the video, but I'm sure ithe real thing will be more exciting. The pacing is pretty good, and some of that airtime in and out of the turns should be fun. There's even a couple of turns that look kind of like those little Gravitly Group reverse banked hills. I'll try to get on it as soon as I can next spring.

Post September 21st, 2006, 5:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Jeez, This is VERY similar to a ride i'm making right now. What a coincidence.

Post September 21st, 2006, 6:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

the layout IMO looks good, but from that PoV, it seems a little too spread out. i think it's aimed more for sustained floater air then ejector, and from the looks of it, the floater air looks pretty sweet.

Post September 21st, 2006, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I can see many influences on this ride...
Thundehead, Kentucky Rumbler, very little Wild cat, and Thunderbird.
Anyone else see it?

Post September 21st, 2006, 9:58 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Well clearly CF was impressed by all of that and they wanted a little bit of it all in this track. I think they succeeded, although air time could be a little stonger on those hills. Although taken at that speed, it might be a little stronger then we percieve it to be.

Post September 22nd, 2006, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,759.00 Points

Post September 28th, 2006, 4:27 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

well, i've been looking at the design, and I can't help but feel that they didn't use its full potential. They have several really prolonged hills. It would have been better, imo, to maybe of had 2 shorter hills with a stronger burst of air. Although if its floater the entire way across the hill, then i'll take back my sentence.[:)]

Post September 29th, 2006, 2:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by coolbeans326

well, i've been looking at the design, and I can't help but feel that they didn't use its full potential. They have several really prolonged hills. It would have been better, imo, to maybe of had 2 shorter hills with a stronger burst of air. Although if its floater the entire way across the hill, then i'll take back my sentence.[:)]

Thats how every GCI hill is since Thunderhead or a bit before. Thunderhead has a hill that looks like that, but theres nice sustained floater over the entire thing.

Not to mention that even though their rides are more "swoopy" they still retain those FAST and quick wooden coaster transitions that give you those jolts and jars. Which is something the Intamin woodies cant replicate.

Post January 16th, 2007, 11:34 pm

Post January 17th, 2007, 8:03 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Man...I'm so excited to ride this roller coaster!

And for Coolbeans, I'm sure you've already checked out VF's POV ( http://www.valleyfair.com/public/attrac ... de_pov.cfm ) notice how fast those hills are taken at. Notice even more how it seems the train lifts a little off the track to as much as the under-rail wheels allow it to. Like Real said, it will most likely be prolonged airtime, but nonetheless, great airtime!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post January 21st, 2007, 11:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

www.coastercravers.com/valleyfair-2007-center.html

New update showing the transfer track, and some of the small turns and hills around the station.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!