Board index Off Topic Board Fun and Games What is your Fav/least Fav wooden coaster?

What is your Fav/least Fav wooden coaster?

All forum games go here.

Post March 29th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
What is you Fav/least Fav wooden coaster? also tell the coaster's manufactuer E.G RCCA, GCI etc

Post March 29th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
El Toro owns, and I can't decide whether Hercules or Rolling Thunder is worse.

Good luck keeping this thread open!

Post March 29th, 2007, 10:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Wooo, Toro in 8 days! So far, my fav is Silver Comet at Fantasy Island, or Coaster at Playland...worst goes to Predator at SFDL.

Post March 29th, 2007, 10:05 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Favorite:

THE VOYAGE!!! (Gravity Group, Holiday World)

Nonstop, uncontrolled terror from start to finish... the air, the laterals, the insanity, the complete uncontrolled-ness... hell yeah! Nothing like it in the world.

Least Favorite:

Son of Beast (Werner Stengel, King's Island)

Painful, bland, no lateral g's, no airtime for that matter, a lackluster drop and helixes with virtually no positive g's, and now the loop (the only good part of the ride IMO) is gone. >:p The only good part about it is that the massive wood structure is pretty.

Post March 29th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
well i only been on 2 of them right now, and what is my fav right now its wild beast i know, i know, but next year i am gona had a other woody to my list and ya,, and the least fav its MCMB cause its so raugh and they tweak its too much over the years. that is about it. peace.

Post March 29th, 2007, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Fav ozark wildcat gci celebration city. I love the out of control and blistering ride. It seems like your at the mircy of a monster.

Worst scremin eagle ptc sfstl. Too smooth and wasen't out of control. Also no airtime on the hills. Im not a big airtime seeker but on an out and back there better be airtime. On a twister i could care less.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post March 29th, 2007, 10:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Not to copy cjd, but that'd be my answer as well.

Best: THE VOYAGE
By far and away. There is nothing else that gives that kind of completely insane and unpredictable ride for that duration. Plus, the HW environment will ensure its continued success. If you haven't ridden it yet, go as soon as possible.

Worst: Son of Beast
This may change after I visit SFMM this summer, and with the new changes in the ride. However, this ride is awful in nearly every category, from comfort to design to airtime. I have gone on it twice in the last three years, it's that bad.

Post March 29th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I can't pick a favorite so its a three way tie between Hades (Gravity Group), Cyclops (CCI) and Ghostrider (CCI). I think all three just have just the perfect out of control feeling to them, and are also all fairly rough, Cyclops probably being the roughest.

Not sure what my least favorite would be, I don't really think I've been on one I didn't at least like a little.

Post March 29th, 2007, 11:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
coasterguy77, I suggest back seat (or atleast back car). It's so much more intense back there. Front's awesome, but surprisingly, as I consider front to be best on most Intamins I've been on, back far surpasses it in my mind.

Post March 29th, 2007, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

I'm not sure what my favourite is, as I havn't been on too many good ones.

I do know that Predator at SFDL is one of the worst. The ride gives you a clear warning of what is to come though, with its lap bars that try to rack you in the gonads as they close.

Post March 29th, 2007, 11:46 pm

^^Sweet, I can't even imagine the air on that in the back...Gotta try both though, I looove woodies in the front!

Post March 30th, 2007, 1:21 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I gotta narrow it down to one each??? (sigh)

Best: MegaZeph at Six Flags New Orleans. Floater air, ejector air, THREE double-ups and a double-down, a helix, trick-track, swoop turns, and a wicked, evil, can't-believe-this-is-a-SixFlags-woodie second drop. Hope it reopens soon.

Worst: Son of Beast. Not just the worst woodie, the worst COASTER. Any time I ride a wood coaster and think "this would be much better as a steelie" then you know that it's just crap. Seriously, that layout would make a pretty sweet B&M speed coaster or maybe even a decent floorless... but as a woodie, it sux.

Other really sweet woodies: Shivering Timbers, TxGiant (on a good day), Raven

Other crappy woodies: Predator, Mean Streak, TxGiant (on a bad day)
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post March 30th, 2007, 2:42 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Favorites: 1. Balder 2.Avalanche 3. Hades

Least Favorites: Sierra Tonante and Ghostrider

Favorite manufacturer: Intamin
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post March 30th, 2007, 8:01 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Favorite - Voyage followed by Raven and Boss

Least Favorite - Judge Roy Scream

Post March 30th, 2007, 8:25 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

^^^ Judge Roy Scream is your least fave?

There's nothing wrong with that ride, other than it being kinda tame. Bill Cobb designed it for his grandkids to ride, so it was never meant to be a real thriller.

D00d, you need to get out more. There are some SERIOUSLY crappy woodies out there, just waiting for you! ;-)

My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post March 30th, 2007, 9:06 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
No contest that Gwazi Tiger is my favorite. Least favorite is hard, but I'll go with High Roller. Ever since they added trims to that, it just sucked.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post March 30th, 2007, 9:49 am

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

Favorite:

THE VOYAGE!!! (Gravity Group, Holiday World)

Nonstop, uncontrolled terror from start to finish... the air, the laterals, the insanity, the complete uncontrolled-ness... hell yeah! Nothing like it in the world.

Least Favorite:

Son of Beast (Werner Stengel, King's Island)

Painful, bland, no lateral g's, no airtime for that matter, a lackluster drop and helixes with virtually no positive g's, and now the loop (the only good part of the ride IMO) is gone. >:p The only good part about it is that the massive wood structure is pretty.

I agree 100%. Gets my votes too.

Post March 30th, 2007, 11:25 am

Ah, forgot about Gwazi! Ok, I'll go with Gwazi/Wild Beast as my fave and still Predator as my least.

Post March 31st, 2007, 8:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
My Favorite is Lightning Racer At hershey park and my least fav would have to be thunderbolt an SFNE

Post March 31st, 2007, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

My favorite would have to Wild One @ SFA, and my least being Mean Streak @ CP.

Post March 31st, 2007, 11:25 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Favorite: Ghostrider
Least: Not sure .... perhaps The Rattler because the huge helix just annoys me.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post March 31st, 2007, 11:26 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

My favorite would definitely have to be El Toro. It is just too amazing.....I love it.

My least favorite is probably Rolling Thunder. No airtime, it ran only 1 side, and the ride was so rough it felt like the trains were on square wheels.

Post April 1st, 2007, 12:00 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Favorite- Hmm, maybe Rattler or Cyclone, because of the crazy air in the back seats on their first drops.

I guarantee that will change soon after I get my rides on Boardwalk Bullet, NMR, and Ozark Wildcat this spring/summer. I want May 11th here now!

Worst- The now defunct Psyclone!

Post April 1st, 2007, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Nmr and ozark wildcat are two of the most amazing rides.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post April 3rd, 2007, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
fav: excalibur @ funtown
least fav: cyclone at sfne

Next

Return to Fun and Games