Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion House Explodes... In Colorado

House Explodes... In Colorado

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 14th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
So today at eight o clock in the morning, I got a phone call, it was from my friend, and she was calm. I said hey how are you, she replied okay, but kinda sad because my car is ruined. I asked why? She said because my nieghbors house exploded, and there is nails, and wood that was thrown at my car. Anyways, so yeah a house exploded like two miles from my home, right next to my friends home ruining her Audi TT. It is just an interesting story I thought I would share. If you look at the slide show, pictures 2, 18, and 19 show her car, not too badly damage looking, but bad enough. Woodie Man might of heard about this, it was on the news. Also my sister was out last night at one o'clock, and her friend lives at the end of that cul-de-scac. So when my sister dropped her off she was scared to death because there was like fifty different emergency vehicles around, and smoke and fire in the air. We also used to live in the nieghborhood adjacent to that nieghborhood so it was weird.

P.S. Tommorow is my birthday!

Here is a link for the story
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=68081

Here is a slideshow of photos of the incident.
http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Centennial%20house%20explosion/

Here is the Video
http://www.9news.com/video/player.aspx?aid=32559&bw=
Last edited by Rmfrick on April 14th, 2007, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan

Post April 14th, 2007, 5:10 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

that's a bummer, hopefully the other guy had homeowners insurance so it can be fixed up again, the car that is. What made it explode? Meth lab or something? Haven't read the story so not sure [:p]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 14th, 2007, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I second that meth lab idea... or natural gas... Must be those darn burrito.

Post April 14th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

could be a meth lab or the natural gas. I'm guessing that if it was natural gas it was somethin like the heat coming on that made it explode. that's too bad

Post April 14th, 2007, 10:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,417.00 Points
It was probably a leak in the basement, that filled the whole house. Then when theres a spark, BOOM

Post April 15th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
House explosions are not as rare as they might seem. We have had several here in the Hamilton, Ohio area. The natural gas pipes start to leak. The house fills up with natural gas (by the way, they mix something in with the gas so you can smell it, Duh). Someone turns on a light switch. A small spark ignites the gas and boooooom! No more house.
If you smell natural gas in your house or outside the house, say in the street, get the hell out of your house. Don't turn on any lights. Just get the hell out!!! Call 911 and the fire department!
Trackwalker

Post April 15th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

but the fastest way to get rid of the gas smell is to light a match, so you're at a trade off, smell the gas or see pretty fireworks. I opt for the fireworks [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 15th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
Well we all should know about natural gas, we had that problem in our old house one time, and we got out and the fire dept. came. This story is different though, the police are now saying that it could be a suicide case. It was not a methlab, well maybe, but I doubt it. My friends car was parked in that houses driveway so that is why it got really burnt. If you watch the videos, the fire was really high.Insert The guy who owned the house just got in a divource, and sent his wife a suicide e-mail before the boom.
-Ryan

Post April 16th, 2007, 7:56 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

if it was a meth lab i hope it killed the tweakers running it too...

Return to Off Topic Discussion