Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Magic Mountain Improvements

Magic Mountain Improvements

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 7th, 2007, 10:21 am

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Originally posted by minicoopertx

OK, so P-clone and Flashback are rough. Whee. That's not reason enough to tear them down. Both are worthy of saving if maintained correctly or modifications made. Why not let another park buy them? Then all the SoCal wusses will get their wish of having them gone, and another smaller park without the funds to get a new coaster can actually have a signature ride. This gives the rides a chance to thrill new folks. If they're torn down, they're just gone. Period.

P-clone can be good. It's a cyclone at heart and the basic layout is a proven winner. Tweak the track profiling, get some lighter, faster trains, and retrack the whole thing. It can be done. Cyclones are rough by nature, but they don't have to be brutal. I blame MM (lack of) maintenance for this current state. Retracking the ride recently probably helped a bit, but without new trains and reprofiling, it's not enough.

Flashback: new trains. Take a hint from the Premier LIM coasters and lose the OTSRs. Those are what made the ride so painful. Quick, twisting turns while having your head sandwiched between shoulder bars... not good. Get some new trains with the lap-tummy bars and maybe even make them floorless just for kicks. The ride is different than just about anything else out there and it would be a shame to just scrap it when it could be fixed without THAT much effort. An easier fix than P-clone, even.

The only way to make Psyclone into a good woodie would be too fully rebuild it.....any park would be better off just building a new woodie. And Flashback might not get scrapped, Ive heard rumors saying it will be moved to one of the other Six Flags parks. (Yet again)

Post February 7th, 2007, 5:09 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i read on wikipedia that the reason it suffered was because of the earthquake in 94..

Post February 7th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Haha why people from Socal are getting ripped on for being wusses alot right now. Flashback hasnt been open in ages... get rid of it. Psyclone is not enjoyable at all anymore and wouldnt work to be moved to another park, rather than rebuild like e-man said. Its way to rough to enjoy at all. Stop the 'wussies' comments. They are annoying.

Post February 7th, 2007, 5:48 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

OK, so P-clone and Flashback are rough. Whee. That's not reason enough to tear them down. Both are worthy of saving if maintained correctly or modifications made. Why not let another park buy them? Then all the SoCal wusses will get their wish of having them gone, and another smaller park without the funds to get a new coaster can actually have a signature ride. This gives the rides a chance to thrill new folks. If they're torn down, they're just gone. Period.

They need to focus on more then just the coaster aspect of the park. Unlike some of you, most people, myself included, don't find roller coaster after roller coaster as enjoyable as others. Thats a main reason why I like places like Universal, DIsney, and Busch better compared to Six Flags because they offer a lot more variety, with the occassional quality roller coaster.

Post February 16th, 2007, 7:43 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

yup.. trust me.. psyclone is not fun. and the fact that it looks so good doesn't help. collossus is rough but i'd go berserk if they tore it down.. psyclone is/was downright WRONG... it was damaged by the earthquake in '94 and cannot be properly fixed.. flashback was o.k., but not too terribly important..

Post February 16th, 2007, 9:47 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Honestly you guys have issues if Deja Vu hurts.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 9th, 2007, 5:48 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post May 8th, 2007, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,460.00 Points
deja vu is an awesome ride. sitting on the outside seats definitely makes me scareddddd

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions