Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kemah Boardwalk Bullet - New Gravity Group Woodie

Kemah Boardwalk Bullet - New Gravity Group Woodie

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 1st, 2007, 11:32 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Theres a chance I might go to Kemah tomorrow afternoon and stay late for night rides, but I'm not sure if the weather will cooperate.

If not this weekend, I probaly won't be able to go for another 2 weeks.

Kemah just needs to post a POV now :).

Post September 1st, 2007, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Yes this ride looks awesome. Im STILL waiting for a GG in the UK! I really really hope it happens soon. [:(] Seriously that bump after the first drop looks amazing.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 2:16 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points

Post September 2nd, 2007, 2:25 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post September 2nd, 2007, 2:31 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
yeah, i know. you see more of their knees than you do of the ride.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 2:34 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post September 2nd, 2007, 3:19 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Not only is it not good, but it's only about 2/3 of the ride!

The video stops just after the part where they take your picture. There's an entire loop around the east end of the layout missing after that.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 3:23 am

Image Insert:
105.98 KB

Bottom of the first drop

Image Insert:
143.51 KB

Zig-Zag turn after the first drop

Image Insert:
146.89 KB

The queue is surrounded by track close-calls.

Image Insert:
154.14 KB

Ready to dive under the station

Image Insert:
155.31 KB

Post September 2nd, 2007, 11:12 am

(Crossposted to Theme Park Review)

It was interesting to see how many kids were there with mom and dad, and it was said that it was the kid's first-ever rollercoaster. I had to think, though, that Astroworld closed two years ago and many of these kids were too small to have ridden any of the coasters there when it was open.

They picked a pretty riotous and rambunctious ride for their first one!!! I had a good time trying to decide which kids would get off screaming "I wanna go again" and which ones would never ride another coaster as long as they lived.

One particular case was "Miles", a boy perhaps 8 years old, a little small for his age. He was in tears. It didn't help that while you wait in line, the track is all around you, shaking the entire structure, screaming passengers rocketing over your head, the rumble of the train incredibly loud... he was NOT a happy boy. My friend Brian and I tried to reassure him, but it did no good. I was a bit angry with his mom for making him ride it anyway. I like to see kids get off a coaster with the sort of enthusiasm that I have... not with trauma. It was obvious, however, that momma wasn't changing her mind. Miles would ride.

When the ride was over, Miles was a bit shaken, but probably more relieved than excited. He really wasn't entirely sure what he had just done, he just knew that it was finished. As the train slowly coasted from the brakes back into the station, we got up a chant of "Miles! Miles! Miles!" and everyone on the train applauded him. I think he was still too dazed to appreciate it. On the exit ramp, I pitched an idea to Brian and he loved it: we waited until Miles and family came down the ramp and I said "Yay Miles! Hey, buddy... what size t-shirt do you wear? Since this was your first coaster, you should get a t-shirt so you can wear it to school on Tuesday and show everybody that you rode it. You'll be the most popular kid in school!" So Brian and I pitched in and bought the kid a shirt. He was still a bit too shaken to appreciate it, but his mom thanked us several times.

By the time Tuesday comes, his adrenaline will have subsided, the fear will have left, and he'll be proud of himself.

...and he will truly be able to tell all of his friends, "Oh, the coaster? Been there, done that, got the t-shirt."

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!