Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Vekoma Stingray goes China

Vekoma Stingray goes China

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post December 19th, 2007, 3:31 am

Points on hand: 1,792.00 Points

The Suzhou Giant Wheel Park in China is getting the first Stingray-track from Vekoma. The track is compact with a vertical lift and uses a train design similar to the Vekoma Flyer coasters.

Greetz , Jazz
Last edited by Canadmos on September 13th, 2008, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 19th, 2007, 10:27 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Looks kinda fun. I hope the queue line doesn't hold more than 12 people. [lol]

Post January 2nd, 2008, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
That looks like a really cool ride, never heard of it before now. Why do all the new concepts go OUTSIDE the U.S.???

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I saw this just about a week ago. I think the dive into the final break run looks awesome.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^Look closely. That's not diving into the brake run, it's going to have to be the brake run, so I imagine it being slow.

Why do all the new concepts go OUTSIDE the U.S.???

Focus. Didn't we just get Maverick? We have ALL the GG woodies in existence, including a new one this year, which are some of the best wooden experiences on the globe. Inverting Dive Machines, only here. Not to mention B&M was ONLY in the US until Nemesis went over to Europe four years after B&Ms first roller coaster opened. We've got the only three roller coasters that go over 400 feet. Face it, the U.S. is spoiled, and you sound slightly spoiled yourself complaing just as soon as Asia starts getting a few new ideas for themselves. C'mon, that country is like 95% Togo, they really need some substance. [lol][;)]

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:43 pm

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
the brake run looks like it might be like the Maurer S?????????hne x-car coasters for instance Abmiso

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

Togo is awesome.

I wouldn't say that they're awesome but they're not as bad as some make them out to be. Most of their US coasters aren't that great but Fujiyama and Bandit in Japan look pretty cool.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 9:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I saw this on TPR a while ago and they managed to find a pov from Vekoma on this ride and oh god, it looks like it will be painful. You do infact "dive" into the brake-run.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 9:33 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

yeah, i saw thioa bout a month ago :), it looks really cool, but very, very short, idk if its worth the long line.. its not like they can load flyers THAT fast, im not so sure about this one...

Post January 3rd, 2008, 12:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,553.00 Points
Looks like it'd be fun till you slam into the brakes. Hopefully it won't be as rough, with the new track style.

Post January 4th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,548.00 Points

Post January 9th, 2008, 8:33 pm

Originally posted by RRollergod

I saw this on TPR a while ago and they managed to find a pov from Vekoma on this ride and oh god, it looks like it will be painful. You do infact "dive" into the brake-run.

whats the url for it

Post January 9th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

Post January 17th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

^Look closely. That's not diving into the brake run, it's going to have to be the brake run, so I imagine it being slow.

Focus. Didn't we just get Maverick? We have ALL the GG woodies in existence, including a new one this year, which are some of the best wooden experiences on the globe. Inverting Dive Machines, only here. Not to mention B&M was ONLY in the US until Nemesis went over to Europe four years after B&Ms first roller coaster opened. We've got the only three roller coasters that go over 400 feet. Face it, the U.S. is spoiled, and you sound slightly spoiled yourself complaing just as soon as Asia starts getting a few new ideas for themselves. C'mon, that country is like 95% Togo, they really need some substance. [lol][;)]

and now were getting farenheit

Post January 17th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Lets hope its better than that piece of crap volare coaster.

Post January 17th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points

Post January 17th, 2008, 11:54 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^^^I hope that recreation on NoLimits is inaccurate. It looks very short, very painful, and very stupid.

Post January 27th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 952.00 Points

3 over 400ft Top Thrill, Kingda Ka am I missing one or ther are only 2.

Post January 27th, 2008, 6:31 pm

^I'm not sure but I think GerstlCrazy might be talking about Superman: The Escape.

Post January 27th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Forgot Tower of Terror, not in U.S.

That thing looks kinda lame, but still pretty cool. I wanna try one, I can't make up my mind if it looks good or not.

Post January 27th, 2008, 6:59 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,110.00 Points

they desreve a vekoma wierdness machine.. communist b*st*rds.. remind me to boycott vekoma rides.

Post January 27th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Originally posted by ChillerRob

3 over 400ft Top Thrill, Kingda Ka am I missing one or ther are only 2.

superman the escape at sfmm is 415 ft tall

Post April 2nd, 2008, 8:47 am

Points on hand: 1,480.00 Points

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!