Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kings Dominion 2008 - Dominator from Geauga Lake

Kings Dominion 2008 - Dominator from Geauga Lake

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
KINGS DOMINION, Virginia ?????? Kings Dominion will soar to new heights in 2008 with the introduction of its 14th roller coaster, Dominator. Debuting in late spring, this innovative 4,210-foot steel coaster will be the longest floorless coaster in the world and have the tallest roller coaster loop.

Riders will board the coaster on the east side of International Street, just behind the park??????s Berserker ride. Once seated, guests begin their journey with a short, twisted U-turn and climb the 161 foot-tall lift hill. After the 32 passenger train crests the top of the lift, riders are sent flying down a 157 foot drop, eventually speeding into the gut-wrenching, record-breaking vertical loop, which stands 135 feet tall. Four additional inversions will follow during Dominator??????s two minute and six second, adrenaline pumping experience.

??????Kings Dominion is known for having one of the country??????s widest varieties of roller coasters,?????? said Pat Jones, Kings Dominion??????s vice president and general manager. ??????Dominator is the perfect definition of the word ??????thrill?????? and reflects our commitment to combining one-of-a-kind attractions with fantastic family entertainment. We??????re looking for some real thrill seekers who are up for the challenge and ready to take total control their ride experience.??????

Dominator joins a portfolio of 13 industry-leading roller coasters including Volcano, The Blast Coaster, Flight of Fear (the world??????s first coaster with LIM launch technology), Anaconda, The Grizzly and the Rebel Yell.

http://www1.cedarfair.com/kingsdominion ... tem_id=651
Last edited by Canadmos on October 23rd, 2007, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 24th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it a good coaster?

oh, wait i forgot, its a B&M
Its impossible to be a bad coaster

Post October 27th, 2007, 8:24 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

[lol] B&M can have a few lemons...

I think the general consensus among enthusiasts is that Dominator is another one of B&M's """forceless""" designs. So take that as you want, just remember to have some fun on it. [:D]

Post October 28th, 2007, 12:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Dominator is far from another "forceless B&M". While it may be similar to all other floorless coasters out there (all B&Ms are pretty much the same in terms of ride experience), it has two moments of airtime, a fairly unique layout, and the first half is pretty awesome.

Post October 28th, 2007, 1:02 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Ahh, it's the tallest B&M Floorless. It has no excuse not to have a zero-g roll in there. Even an immelman or a dive-loop could make this ride that much better.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post October 28th, 2007, 2:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Ahh, it's the tallest B&M Floorless.

Actually, both 'Superman: Krypton Coaster' and 'Superman / la Atracci?????????n de Acero' are taller.

Post October 28th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I've been on BDK, Medusa, and Dominator (when it was BKF), and preferred Dominator by far. The first drop is much better than Medusa's back row, there's actually a pop of air if you're on the right side, plus it's relatively steep for a turning drop. The loop is pretty slow up top which is awesome because you float out of your seat while upside down, which I love. The first turn isn't particularly forceful but it carries tons of speed making it very exciting. The cobra is also much better paced plus snappier than Medusa's which is pretty lackluster compared to a few other cobras I've been on. Small pop of air exiting the mcbr, then the rest isn't quite as good as the first half but it's still fun, a little rougher in the corks but the transitions and element heights are cool.

I actually agree with Kyle, I don't think there are any "bad" B&M coasters in the world. Some may not be the most amazing rides in the world, but pretty much all please some demographic, whether it be, um, us, or the GP. I'd have to say each B&M is at the very least a solid coaster.

Post October 28th, 2007, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Canadmos

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Ahh, it's the tallest B&M Floorless.

Actually, both 'Superman: Krypton Coaster' and 'Superman / la Atracci?????????n de Acero' are taller.

That's true. Huh, I don't even remember where I heard that it was the tallest.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post October 28th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Post October 28th, 2007, 10:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
I've been on alot of floorless coasters and dominator is actually probably my favorite. It's not forceless at all by any means, it's airtime on the drop after te MCBR is awesome! And the loop has some pretty cool hang-time. I actually like it alot, and it will be a good adition to PKD.

Post November 29th, 2007, 2:53 am

Points on hand: 2,324.00 Points
I was up by Kings Dominion last week and saw pieces of track laying out :) Could it be they're getting closer?

Post November 29th, 2007, 2:56 am

Well since it's going to be erected at some point at King's Dominion, and time is generally understood to be linear (at least for our purposes right now) I'm gonna say there's a prettty good chance they're getting closer.

Just my logic.

Post March 26th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
Location: richmond & phillidephia, virginia & pennsylvania, USA
ive got a picture of its constructon somwhere in my house. and im'm not sharing[devilish]
mic check 1 2 1 2

Post March 26th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

^Why?

I have been on it before... Amazing coaster. It was 1 hour away from my house. Now its about 11 hours away...[:(]
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post March 26th, 2008, 11:25 pm

I had been on it 7X when it was 7 hours or so away from me, now it'll be around 3 or 3.5 :)

Probably won't ride again for a while though, but there's no way I ever would if it was still at Geauga Lake, especially since I wouldn't be able to get in with my Six Flags season pass anymore.

I loved it though...so much better than Medusa GAdv IMO.

Post March 26th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterdave

^Why?

Because he's an immature noob, that plus the fact he's not sharing it because he doesn't have one.
This is the first time I've ever seen him post, and he's already got a label. Shame.

And yes, it's a great coaster. It was by far the best coaster at the park, when I went there in SF:WOA, and ride BKF.

KD is definitely not closer to me, that sucks.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post March 26th, 2008, 11:33 pm

^LOL

If you went back in 2004-2006, when it went back to Geauga Lake, you could walk on everything (Popularity went up in 2007)... In one day rode it 17 times. Never again! Worst headache in my life!

By the way... Track work is done!

PLUS!!!! If you wanted pics go here!

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4079.htm?picture=4

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4079.htm?picture=5
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

Post March 26th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Lovin' the color scheme! Thanks for the pics, I never even though of looking it up on rcdb.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post March 27th, 2008, 12:20 am

The only thing about the colors is that they didn't re-paint it! And the stations look awkward!
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

Post March 27th, 2008, 12:21 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Doesn't this technically qualify as a parking lot floorless? *sigh*

Post March 27th, 2008, 3:34 am

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
At least they removed the asphalt and parking lines.

Post March 27th, 2008, 4:18 am

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

ugh... i liked the original name - "batman: knight flight"... now THATS an awesome name! changing the name is like changing a persons name -- its just WRONG! the name gives a coaster its "personality" and the batman theme is soo much better... IMO they should never change a coasters name or colors [;)]

btw.... if you think im mad now, you shouldve been there when i found out batman the dark knight was changed to batman the ride... thank god they didnt repaint it too or else i wouldve gone crazy and killed someone!!! [xx(] batman the dark knight is the SWEETEST name in the world!
Founder of the (Un-Official) Site Welcoming Crew --- I'M CUCKOO FOR COASTERCRAZY!!!

Post March 28th, 2008, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
Location: richmond & phillidephia, virginia & pennsylvania, USA
naw i ill nevar ride anything with the word batman in it i hate comicbooks
mic check 1 2 1 2

Post March 28th, 2008, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

^
Dude, what do you do when you go to any Six Flags? There is only soo many times I can handle riding the Granny Gran Prix, so then what?

Post April 8th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Im actually sad. This coaster has some of the greatest looking shaping Ive ever seen. Its simply a GREAT ride thats fun in any seat any time. I used to be 2.5 hours away now its impossible :(

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!