Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Parc Ast??????rix 06-04-2008

Parc Ast??????rix 06-04-2008

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post April 8th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,493.00 Points
Last weekend, i visited Parc Asterix on its openingweekend. it was my first visit to the park andi was positive suprised about it! i had a great day, here are some pics with comments

statue in front of entrance

we entered the park half an hour before opening, empty main street!

what are you looking at?

Guess what, we had 30 minutes ERT on Tonerre de Zeus [worship][pshades] The coaster is freakin awesome! good speed, lots of airtime, nice g's in the corners! i really love it. rode it 5 times!

Yes we were enjoying it :)

After that we did the rapid river where the water was below pile i think :p we went over the bottom a few times with our raft :D

Then to the newest attraction for PA, Le d?????????fi de cesar. Definatly the best madhouse i ever did! the preshows are wonderfull.

Then up to transdemonium. you either like or hate this ride :P

After this, we took a snack and went to gouderix! i prepared for the worst after the all the stories i heard but tbh, the ride wasn't THAT bad at all. OK the track isn't well for your head, neck... vekoma you know :P but it wasnt as worse as i expected ;)

Now it was time to move to the other side of the park where we did oxigenarium witch is a fun ride, menhir expres where i ended up totally soaked, the big splatsh witch was rather boring and slow and also the oldtimers where the theming owns :D french humor ;)

We also watched the stuntshow witch was quiet good imo. 30 minutes amusement.

After that, time for la trace du hourra and i liked this one very much! really cool ride.

We also visit the village of asterix and obelix witch is full of humor from the strips!

and since when does obelix has boobies :p

Kindergarden fun!

We ended our day with vol d'icare, a custom zierer witch isnt bad at all altough the ride took us 10 minutes due to technical probs :p

When we left the park, we took a look in the shops. Too bad they don't have souvenirs from attractions like for example "i survived tonerre de zeus" stuff and so on :P

conclusion... the park suprised me as said before very much. the theming is good, asterix & obelix is a fun object to built a park around it and tonerre de zeus is at this moment the best woodie i ever did! we handed over our loopy award for the 6th time (best european woodie ;) ) if i'm going back to PA it will be in summertime. i think the park is even nicer when its nature is at point and right now it's still winter imo in europe :p

Post April 9th, 2008, 7:20 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
ert of 30 minutes and you only rode it 5 times? you sux man! [lol]

Nice Report, only your a bit wrong: obelix has always had fat boobs, asterix (the one you are referring to) doesn't has them [;)][lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post April 9th, 2008, 8:29 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

thanks for the report, i always wondered what the park was like in terms of theming and other attractions.

Post April 9th, 2008, 8:30 am

my stomach couldn't handle the airtime that early without much breakfast :D

it's a heavy ride but i loved it

Post April 10th, 2008, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Except for Goudourix, this park looks pretty awesome.

Post April 11th, 2008, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post April 11th, 2008, 3:50 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

So well, did you like or hate transdemonium? I personally loved it! Also, did you ride Tonnerre also in the late afternoon? It may be heavy in the morning, but it seems like it attempts to kill you later in the day! ;) However, it's not the airtime, but the laterals that make it insane for me. Nice Report!

Post April 11th, 2008, 8:56 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I like Tonnere de Zeus a lot. Goudurix is my least-favorite steelie of all time.

My favorite coaster in the park, though, was La Trace du Hourra. Before riding that, I couldn't understand the bobsleds that I could build in RCT... nothing in the US does what they can do. LTdH, however, does all that and more. Drops, huge helix sections, wicked switchback turns, and it's a looooooong ride for a bobsled. It was my favorite bobsled coaster until a few days later when I rode the absolutely insane Schweitzer Bobbahn at Heide Park.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post April 12th, 2008, 6:05 am

well some people say that LTdH is better then the bobsleds in heide park but i never went to heide park so... i dunno.

and sorry for the angle shots but i like it more than a normal shot :)

and we didn't rode TdZ in the afternoon so i couldn't feel the difference between the first ride and one later that day. and yes also the lat G's are very heavy, specially on the last turn before the breaks witch are heavy :P

transdemonium... couldn't convience me that much. a lot of effects werent working i heard. no smoke, sound effects were bad, no water effects, the beamer was broken so we saw a cool sanyo advertisement :D lot of people said it has lost a lot of its charm.

Post April 12th, 2008, 8:07 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

^ It depends on what you like. LTdH is much longer than the Schweitzer Bobbahn at Heide and a lot more spread out. It has big, sweeping elements where SB is tight and compact. The two feel totally different and take a different approach at thrills.

LTdH = Shivering Timbers
SB = Boardwalk Bullet

(or, for fanboys with no life outside CP)
LTdH = Magnum
SB = Maverick

Both really good rides, but for different reasons. Which one is better just depends on your preferences.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post April 13th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
this park is so fun. i went there in the 5th grade, and it was amazing.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports