Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports One Last Summer Trip...TRIP REPORT

One Last Summer Trip...TRIP REPORT

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 24th, 2010, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Well after thinking my count would end at 139 at the end of this summer, my dad surprised me with the trip to SFNE on the way home from Boston. This brings my count to 148. Determined to hit 150 before I leave for school next week, my dad has again offered a final trip. Where to? We have decided...

We will be heading 200 miles west to Altoona. The first stop...Lakemont Park. We will ride Skyliner first, and then Leap-the-Dips to make my 150th coaster the oldest coaster in the world. If Tobaggan and Kiddie Coaster/Little Leaper are open, I would be at 152. We are then going to stop by Delgrosso's on the way home since it is 10 miles from Lakemont. The Wacky Worm and Crazy Mouse would bring my total to 154 and giving me 31 new coasters this summer.

Next year we are planning 1 of the following...maybe both:

1) SF passes and doing SFNE, SFGADV, and SFA and maybe one other SF park somewhere.

2) Platinum Passes again, doing CW before I come home from school up near Niagara, and then a 4 park loop which would start with KI (been to before but have not ridden Diamonback), Holiday World, Indiana Beach, and CP.

Either way I will be doing Seabreeze and Darien Lake in May due to the close proximity to my school, so if we somehoe in hell get all of those done, I could hit 200 by next winter. If I had to chose, which would you do? And also, any tips about Lakemont or Delgrosso's? I doubt I'll have trouble...but any tips on where to go?
Last edited by dmillz on August 29th, 2010, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 28th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Well I'm off tommorow first thing in the morning and hope to be back sometime late afternoon. Hoping to make Leap-The-Dips #150!

Post August 29th, 2010, 3:09 am

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
cool congrats, im leaving for disney in a few hours my coaster count will be up to 18 0r 19
Fly at the speed of fright

Post August 29th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Just got in from Altoona. Left at 8:30 this morning and got back in at 6. Headed to Lakemont and rode Skyrider 3 times on its first 3 rides...and actually a very enjoyable ride. Decent air in the front and the ejector air in the back is GREAT!...Next was Leap The Dips for my 150th and it was so much fun. 108 years old and it still gives a really fun ride! Toboggan was probably the weirdest coaster I've ever ridden lol. Apparently no one over 12 can ride the Little Leaper, but that's okay cuz I got to ride the other 3...LL is very similar to Steel First at Dorney so I wasn't too upset.

DelGrosso's was on the way home so we stopped by and I rode my first Wacky Worm ever! Then the Crazy Mouse and then we grabbed some pizza and headed home. I now stand at 153 to end the summer, much higher that I expected...so it was a good summer and a good trip.

Post August 29th, 2010, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Good for you. I got a lot of new credits too this summer in mass, conneticut, and florida. I love how Leap the dips is your 50th credit. that is just awesome. Is leap the dips fun?
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post August 29th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Yea I got a picture of me with a paper sign I made with a giant 150 and Leap The Dips and Lakemont Park....I'll post it here. LTD is really good fun. With no seatbelt or lap bar its really exciting to pop out of the dips and feel the car actually leave the track and to pop off the seat and then hear basic silence for a half second while the car is airborne. And the turns between the dips aren't flat (IDK if this is by design or just track warping) so the train sort of wiggles up and down over little bumps around the turns. LTD is much more fun than I could have ever dreamed. It focuses on small thrills but boy it sure makes you appreciate how far we've come in 110 years. While it's nothing like the rides we have today, it is just an incredible experience and I could honestly ride it all day long.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports