Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Steel Hawg - 2008 coaster for Indiana Beach

Steel Hawg - 2008 coaster for Indiana Beach

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 29th, 2008, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I hate Skyhawk's restraints, and they look exactly the same. The ride itself looks ridiculous, but the restraints scare me...

Post June 30th, 2008, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

So... Stealthrider5583 I'm confused, how can "The cars look quite comfortable..." and "...But it still doesn't look comfortable!"

Hmmmmmm...

I think the cars look sweet!
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post June 30th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterdave

So... Stealthrider5583 I'm confused, how can "The cars look quite comfortable..." and "...But it still doesn't look comfortable!"

Hmmmmmm...

The cars look comfy but the actual ride looks, well ouch[B)].

The ride looks crazy, but a family ride i dont think so, just look at the element after the drop, ouch reverse g-forces.

The restraints better be comfy or your shoulders will be crushed

Post June 30th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Originally posted by Stealthrider5583

Originally posted by coasterdave

Hmmmmmm...

The cars look comfy but the actual ride looks, well ouch[B)].

The ride looks crazy, but a family ride i dont think so, just look at the element after the drop, ouch reverse g-forces.

The restraints better be comfy or your shoulders will be crushed

It is so a family coaster, there's a trim on the drop stupid, G forces may be just a tad high, but nothing severe.

Post July 1st, 2008, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Yeah i even noticed that. And once i did the first thing i thought was,"this could actually be a preety awsome ride. If you want to feel a "well ouch" try riding hurler at kd 3 times in a row without getting off and enjoying it, because i did. Yesterday. Its banking doesnt complete before it slams into that first turn. But its still fun.

Post July 1st, 2008, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points
well i thought it was a holding break so no need to call me stupid

Post July 6th, 2008, 12:28 pm

Points on hand: 106.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2008, 11:00 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2008, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Haha wow, that looks like a lot more fun than I thought it would be when I first saw it. Doesn't look too painful either, could be an awesome ride.

Post July 7th, 2008, 2:09 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Well, the OTSRs are pretty shaky on Sequoia Adventure, and from the picture, the restraints look the same...
If the ones on Steel Hawg became as shaky as Sequoias, this could be a quite painful ride in the high lats turns...

Otherwise, this looks awesomely fun, and nowhere near a family coaster IMO.

Post July 9th, 2008, 5:45 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

i lov the sky swat restraints! I always thought they were comfy and felt safe in them when riding Slammer. It might be a different story when you add bends and inversions into the equation, rather than just spinning over and over like on a sky swat! Still, i have relatively high hopes for this ride! Watching the video, it doesnt seem half as uncomfortable as i thought it would look. I thought it would be really jerky looking, kind of like a wild mouse is when you watch it. It should be a really fun ride, as long as it isnt too painful!

And i agree Vid W, it does look a little extreme as family coaster. When i think of family coaster, i think, a mine train or something. ha. Or at most, a vekoma corkscrew. But this, seems just a tad extreme for families. Although i wouldnt say it looks crazily intense either.

Post July 9th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Indiana Beach's definition of family ride differs from the rest of the world. The closest thing they have to a gentle ride is their biggest ride, Hoosier Hurricane. Cornball might not look like much but it has some serious airtime and laterals. The Galaxi (stand up air in the back car) as well as Tig'rr (restraintless) both run very fast. Even their family flat rides run very fast. I don't think I even need to explain Lost Coaster, but I will say it's the most screwed up ride ever (although Hawg seems like it will give it a run for it's money).

This ride didn't look that good when it was announced, but it really grew on me. Looks like an awesome addition to an already amazing park.

Post July 9th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
That runs faster than I thought it would on the drop, and on the turns. Very exciting look to it.

Maybe I'll drive down to Terre Haute with my dad next month and take a side trip there...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 11th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points

Very interesting coaster. Although, it gives me a headached just looking at it!

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!