Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions vekoma/arrow corkscrews

vekoma/arrow corkscrews

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 24th, 2003, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Yeah but they are up and running as we speak, they only sacked some employees and made a restart about a year ago. And Intaminfan what's wrong with Vekoma? They sold most coasters in the world by FAR imagine how the world would look without them, full of B&M's [:D] lol, anyway I think it is a good thing they made a restart

Post July 25th, 2003, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by G Force Addict

Yeah but they are up and running as we speak, they only sacked some employees and made a restart about a year ago. And Intaminfan what's wrong with Vekoma? They sold most coasters in the world by FAR imagine how the world would look without them, full of B&M's [:D] lol, anyway I think it is a good thing they made a restart

This is why they are so bad:

Theres tons of boomerangs and SLCs, and those both hurt and a very low quality coasters. As for the rest of their coasters, they suck too. The only things that they do a good job on is their woodies look awesome, but they should ONLY make woodies. And whats wrong with a world full of B&Ms? I'll tell ya one thing, a lot better than a world filled with Vekoma SLCs [lol]

Post July 25th, 2003, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

[lol] I guess the overdose of boomer's and slc's killed the excitement of the ride. The only one of Vekoma's coasters I've ridden was Invertigo @ PGA

Post July 25th, 2003, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

Hmm, i dont see whats wrong with a world full of b&m's lol. (I hope to work for them someday or start my own company with tracks simular to theirs). But, if i recall, isnt The Rockin' Rollercoaster in MGM Studios, Florida a smooth vekoma?

Post July 25th, 2003, 3:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

a smooth vekoma? thats absolutly amazing, never heard of such a thing.

Post July 25th, 2003, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery ... ?Picture=1 this vekoma is supposed to be smooth. we kinda need customed designed corkscrews cause they're the classics.

Post October 9th, 2008, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
Originally posted by G Force Addict

Originally posted by punkrock69

arrow has been gone since the early 90's, and vekoma went bankrupt after six flags woulnd't pay for Deja Vu.

ahem, arrow has been bought about a yaer ago by S&S when they were almost going bankrupt due to the problems with X. Vekoma also had some troubles with SF, some people say SF only payed half price for a few boomerangs they bought. Vekoma went bankrupt but The Netherlands state gave them money to make a restart.

Huisman-Itrec bought something of Vekoma and that helped vekoma back up again. not the Netherlands state... and i think you all are only looking at vekoma's previous coasters, look at their coasters now.

Post October 9th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

^Uhmmm, noone has touched this topic since like 2003...

Post October 9th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,432.00 Points

Post October 21st, 2008, 5:57 pm
nutznboltz User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I just rode a vekoma this past weekend, and nope don't miss them at all, nor will I be disapointed when all the boomarang and corkscrews are gone...

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions