Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Freestyle Music Park To Possibly Open in 2012

Freestyle Music Park To Possibly Open in 2012

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
After two attempts, Freestyle Music Park has opened and closed due to lack of attendance & overall revenue. However, after sitting dormant since 2009 with rides collecting dust and midways empty. That will all change as the troubled park has been brought out of foreclosure!

MYRTLE BEACH, SC - Just as any hope of Freestyle Music Park re-opening were starting to fade away. There is now a possibility of the troubled music park opening in 2012.

In 2008 the very expensive in your face Hard Rock Park opened to the public with high hopes of bringing in large numbers for the first official season. However, when those crowds never showed up, fears of the new unique park closing began to surface. To add fuel to the fire administrators were neglecting payments to ride manufactures and vendors. By September 2008 the park closed to the public with no future opening date for the next season. We would then learn the park had filed for bankruptcy.

During the off season employees and fans waited for any sign of the park re-opening. And a few months before the official season would begin news surfaced of a company under the name of FPI Entertainment purchasing the park out of bankruptcy for only $25 million broke. The original Hard Rock Park was built for a total of $400 million. So this was definitely a steal and the success of the park seemed to be a no brainer. However, just like the season of 2008 FPI Entertainment would close Freestyle Music Park with no future plans of re-opening.

Since the fall of 2009 the park has sat dormant. Roller coasters & rides shut down collecting dust and the midways empty of laughter and conversation. However, as the 2011 season is coming to a close in only a matter of a few months. A ray of hope is beaming on the small park as FPI US LLC who also holds the mortgage of the establishment has purchased the park out of foreclosure for only $7 million. However, since the company is already owed more then the price tag the company will not have to pay that amount.

As of right now there has been no set opening date. However, the company would like to partner with a second entity to buy, open and manage the park. So FMP fans, ex-employees and nearby business owners are ecstatic with the glimmer of hope this park has shining on it. Let's hope for the best!
Source
Last edited by GavG on August 4th, 2011, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 5th, 2011, 1:54 am

Points on hand: 6,904.00 Points
I went there the 1 year it was open and me and my step brother did the Time Macine 10 times that day. Nothing had a line and I really liked that but I just thought it was the day we went not all the time. If it re-opens I really want 2 go again

Post August 5th, 2011, 3:16 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
i want to go when it reopens....
or if i win the loto.. buy the park :D

Post August 5th, 2011, 7:57 am

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
I want this place to be reopened, but for the love of Mary get rid of that stupid "freestyle music" theme and bring back Hard Rock!!

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!