Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Holiday Park (26-04-09) & Europa Park (27+28-04-09

Holiday Park (26-04-09) & Europa Park (27+28-04-09

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

Previous Sunday a group of Dutch coaster fans from coastervision.nl went on a trip to Southern Germany to ride Europe?????????s (the worlds) best coaster in Holiday Park and to look at the new Blue Fire mega coaster at Europa Park. Well, we did ride the worlds best coaster.... but not in Holidaypark. Blue Fire is the best coaster I've ridden so far. It delivers a feeling not delivered by any other rollercoaster I did so far in Europe. Expedition GeForce doesn't even come close to it.

But now for the trip report.

First day we went to Holiday Park, which has a nice forestry location and it has 4 great rides: The Superwirbel (pure Nostalgia), the Lighthouse Tower (80 meters high in a Chairswing), The Freefall Tower (eternal lasting drop) and of course Expedition GeForce. Which without trims would have come close to Blue Fire but.... it just fails! Not saying is isn't a great ride.... no sure it is one heck of a ride, It's better then Goliath, Black Mamba and Troy... and It has the most insane first drop I have ever experienced but It's not enough to beat Blue Fire....

Here are the pictures:
Nice Superwirbel Shot

Pure Nostalgia

Lighthouse Tower

up high

Nice overbank

towards the kill point of the ride (first trim)

What a drop

Will it ever stop falling?

Greatest drop ever created

Bye Holiday Park!!

Second and third day was for Europa Park, what a park! I mean the most sickest rides ever created in Waldkirch are represented there. And to place them there in the showroom of Mack with this amount and high level of themeing, thumbs up for Mack. And then for the rides, after hearing a lot of complaints about trims on Silver Star, Silver Star just rocked. I mean 73 meters, 127 km/h, that much floater airtime, the totally freaked out turncombo at the end. For me it beat Expedition GeForce. Because it delivers floater airtime from the moment the shaping of the camelbacks starts till the end of the camelbacks. And that turnaround simply made it complete. Not to mention the little hop I didn't expect to occur after the helix. So Silver Star, we all love you!

Then it was on to Blue Fire, so expectation to zero again, it's Mack after all. Themeing there was just superbly, those rocks just appeared to have been there for the last 2000 years or so. And then it was time to ride, front seat off course. The onride audio starts and you leave the station in a sort of underground energy research facility. You suddenly stop, a red alarm light goes on and the sirens go off. The gate opens and before even mentioning the great smoke effect you are traveling up a giant Easter egg with 100 km/h. At the top you feel like you are falling out to the side but then it is up, through the rocks, to the looping. Some great hang time on 32 meters height upside down, who is the brilliant guy who made up this?! Then you are smashed into the overbanked turn and are launched out of your seat while entering the Mid Course Brake section. When you leave the MCB, you are again subjected to airtime before entering the Twisted Horseshoe Roll element which has some similarities to the one that can be found on Maverick, again some hang time there. Then after a nice floater hill through the loop you enter the most sickest element on the whole ride. This last barrel roll is the most intense element I have ever experienced, you really get the felling to fall out of your seat with great force. Damn what a awesome ride, best in the world possibly.

For the Pictures:
Top of easter egg

Pure speed

Themeing

One of the corkscrew like rolls

Looping

Launch

Looping again

They have more great rides, Poseidon for instance

Atlantica Supersplash

And Silver Star

And matterhorn blitz

And Fjord Rafting

Vindjammer

Poseidon Again

Back to the best ride of the park

That launch is pretty fast

Launch

empty Queue

Bas, Daan & Jasper With Euromaus and Island Mascott

See you next year Europapark!!

Post April 29th, 2009, 11:39 am
FIN User avatar

Points on hand: 1,156.00 Points

Post May 1st, 2009, 8:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

Post May 1st, 2009, 8:55 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Nice pictures and report. Can't wait to get to those parks soon.

Post May 9th, 2009, 3:00 am
FIN User avatar

Points on hand: 1,156.00 Points
Originally posted by maxamaxam

nice to get so many responses.... :s

Yea, you really would of thought that there would of been a quite a bit more responses... But hey, don't worry they will come. People at this forum are getting slow, just give them time ;]]

Post May 9th, 2009, 4:18 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Hmm, Blue Fire looks weak through much of the ride to me, though there are some standout moments. I think it's one of those rides where it's harder to judge the experience without riding, relative to many other steel coasters.

You should try SROS SFNE; faster pacing throughout the ride than EGF, and with only one trim. EGF's drop far exceeds SROS', I'm sure, but from what I can see its faster pacing, longer length, proximity to the ground on most pullups and turns relative to EGF, and other factors likely make it the superior ride.

EGF does look amazing though, especially in videos that show it at full speed. I'd love to ride.

Post May 11th, 2009, 11:06 am

Points on hand: 1,049.00 Points
Awesome trip report. Europa Park is definatley a park I MUST visit in the future and Blue Fire looks sensational.

Post May 25th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,293.00 Points
nice pics and report! i travel to holiday park at next week

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports