Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Man Dies After Riding Kings Island Roller Coaster

Man Dies After Riding Kings Island Roller Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

MASON, Ohio -- A man is dead after riding the Firehawk roller coaster at the Kings Island theme park.

Public relations manager Don Helbig said that at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday, ride operators noticed that the man appeared to be having breathing trouble after the coaster came back into its station.

Park medics were called, and the man was taken to Bethesda North Hospital.

Helbig said he was informed that the man passed away Saturday evening. He said the park sent its condolences to the victim's family.

The park said it has no reason to believe the man's death was caused by his ride on the Firehawk and that the coaster was operating normally.

Helbig said the park voluntarily shut down the ride and notified the state of Ohio. Agents will inspect the ride Sunday morning.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/20331491/detail.html
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 9th, 2009, 1:43 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Damn, that's why they tell you not to ride if you have certain medical conditions.

Post August 9th, 2009, 1:55 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterpimp

Damn, that's why they tell you not to ride if you have certain medical conditions.

Who knew.

Post August 9th, 2009, 8:38 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
KI are loosing their rides 1 by 1.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post August 9th, 2009, 9:12 am

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points

Post August 9th, 2009, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points

Post August 9th, 2009, 2:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
^ Oh ya A113 because you and your disney fetish ( Disney plays it to safe ). This is really lame, at least they aren't getting sued...................yet.
Cedar Point FTW

Post August 9th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I think it was harmed mentally, SFF. [:(]
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 9th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Very unfortunate, my condolences to his family. Sounds like a pre-existing medical condition. So many factors, it's hard to speculate until an autopsy is released.

It's happened before. A woman had an anurysm(sp) while on Goliath SFMM. It was a pre-existing condition, that she and her family had no clue of. I had friend black out on that ride during the double helix, which is the most extreme part of Goliath.

Still it gives coasters a bad rap. And Cal coasters are supposedly to get modified so there less intense, which sucks.

Post August 10th, 2009, 12:49 am
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
I was in line for Top Gun the day that a woman died on the ride. We had no idea what the hold up was until we saw the paramedics pull a limp body from the train. I feel so bad for her son!

This is truly a sad thing for the park. After the Son of Beast deal, this is what they need...

My condolences go out to the family.

Post August 11th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,052.00 Points
Rest in peace to him and i hope the family keeps their head up

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!