Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Custom Supports

Custom Supports

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post December 7th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 184.00 Points
Ok, i really need help, it cant be that difficult to make them can it?

Ive made connectors in the right places, but then i get stuck, i naturally clicked on "Beams" but then that did nothing, land and free dont seem to do anything, im baffled.

Please please help?

Its for my Dive Coaser im in the midst of making, A sort of recreation of Griffon but different.

I will upload it if i can get some help? Is there a tutorial on it somewhere?

Post December 7th, 2008, 5:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Yes there is a tutorial. Go to your computer screen, click on Start, go to All Programs, go to Scream Machines and you should find Scream Machines Help. Everything is in there you need to know on how to build a coaster.

Post December 7th, 2008, 7:57 pm

Ok, i know how to build a coaster, that isnt what i was asking.

I need to know how to make custom supports.

The scream machines help tells me what i can create, but not how to create it, therefore not good enough.

Can anyone help?

Post December 7th, 2008, 9:56 pm

riku.
You couldn't find what you were looking for in the help section? Custom supports is another story. Maybe someone else can explain better than I can in making them. Sorry that I couldn't help you out because it's been quite a while for me.

Post December 8th, 2008, 4:47 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by riku_nakamura

Ok, i know how to build a coaster, that isnt what i was asking

Custom supports are a part of building a coaster, So if you know how to build that. Why question it here? [;)]

I'd still recommend to check the tutorials. For as far as I remember there was a part of custom supports inside. (Damn, I need to reinstall SM again... ^_^")
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post December 9th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Scream Machines has a very powerful supports editor. The pre-made supports from the demos are still there, along with some new ones, but you can also make custom supports. You can choose from Tube, Square, I-Beam, L-Beam, and Wire. You can set the color for each and every beam. For footings, you can select between Square and Round. You can also change the height of any given footing to tweak it some more. Also, you can set the size and rotation for the supports and footings as well. The game also features a scaffolding support system. When you use this, you simply click on the start and end points, and the game will build scaffold supports for you. The wooden and mine train styles take this system to another level and do the entire ride for you with just a click of a button! The game will automatically cut holes in the structure to allow for crossing track sections.

That is all what is in the SM help to do with supports.

It tells me what i CAN do. but not HOW to do them, therefore i am still baffled.

Like i said, ive made connectors on the track, but thats as far as i can go.

Post December 10th, 2008, 1:55 am

Originally posted by riku_nakamura

Ok, i know how to build a coaster, that isnt what i was asking.

I need to know how to make custom supports.

Try this. Go to your SM editor where you see all your grids or lines. On bottom, click on (free). After that, move your cursor and click anywhere on the grid. Yellow dots appear. Next click on (beams), next click on your dots or nodes and you should notice the beam connections start to appear. Sort of practice that or play around a little untill you become real good in connecting your beams. You can choose top, bottom, left or right on your editor. One thing, never complain about my advices that I gave you.

Post March 20th, 2009, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 944.00 Points
Ok at first i had difficulyd with it but it gets easier ok
1. Free- Free is where you can connect beams to To Place them you must click left,right,front,back,top ok then you click Add then Free on Custom Supports Then You click on the screen where to place them from the top you can move them sideways from the front,back you can move Pretty much anyway or Left and Right Ok thats free also to move frees you must click Modify and Free then Click the Green Circle if it turns yellow you can click it and drag it or if in 3d you can Do it the other way
2. Land- Lands Is where Beams to Connect to For Support to Hold up the Beams. Ok You Must Click Top to Place Land Then you click Add and Land then click the spot it will auto be on ground if you click modify and click the red circle you can change the shape and Size Ok That covers Free
3. Beams- This is simple to connect a beam you can only go free to land, land to free, free to track, track to free, free to free, You can Not Go Track to Track or Land or Land if you want to Put a Free inside them and connect it, you click Add and then beams, Ex: If i want to go free to Track i will click that free then i Will Click The Track which is the blue bubble thing, Make sure to hit done cause if you click anything else it will connect there and you gotta delete that beam if you want like multiple beams in a row just click like free to the next free to the next you can put 5 beams at once
4. Track- Track is the part that beams connect into on the track it will stick out its simple just Click Add than Track then Click the Track and it Puts it there is The Blue Thing
Ok I hope this helped alot

Post August 21st, 2009, 11:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,556.00 Points
did you figure out how to make the diveloop? I can record the process in a video, but supports i do not usually make on my own.

Return to Scream Machines