Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Texas Giant Ride Status Report (Updated Weekly)

Texas Giant Ride Status Report (Updated Weekly)

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 25th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,556.00 Points

I would have expected there to be more people there on a weekend in the middle of summer. I was there on Good Friday once, and it was easily north of 30K. I figured that would be along the lines of a normal summer Saturday.

Post July 25th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points

Post October 30th, 2009, 5:20 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

This is the final Texas Giant ride status report for the week of October 25th through November 1st 2009.

Current Train Availability: Red, Blue, White
Weekday Expected Attendance: N/A
Weekend Expected Attendance: 20-25,000 In Park
Weekday Expected Wait Time: N/A
Weekend Expected Wait Time: 45 Minutes

All previous track problems still noted, no repairs have been made. Ride will operate with two trains only unless crowds warrant three train operation. Current track conditions warrant status change from fair to marginal after recent rains and temperature fluctuation have affected gauging. The track is once again loosening up with numerous guest complaints for roughness. More specifically potholing and digging noted in sections 13,14,15,22,24,25. Trains continue to jump corner in section 12. Abnormal noise noted from trains departing safety brake, unknown origin. The braking glitch has returned with a vengeance and is causing abrupt stops during cold weather.

ATTENDANCE WARNING IN EFFECT FOR SATURDAY OCTOBER 31st 2009.

November 1st Events start @ 4:30PM, at 7:00PM the last train will leave the station.

Weather is good, the trains are clean. Its time for one last dance. See ya there!

Post October 30th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!