Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Alton Towers - Thirteen

Alton Towers - Thirteen

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 26th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

I went to Alton Towers today - Thirteen was broken down all day. Apparently something went wrong yesterday (25th) and they had engineers arrive this morning and they couldn't get it to work all day.

I only went to ride thirteen!

Post March 26th, 2010, 8:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

aaaaaaaaaaaahahaha no way, sucks. Mate, it's not worth it anyway so don't worry about it and I'm sure you'll get to go there again at some point this year [;)]

Post March 27th, 2010, 10:00 am

Did you get to ride it on wednesday Gouldy?

My day overall was very good, ridecount:

Rita: 3
Charlie
Twirling Toadstool
Hex
Oblivion: 2
Submission
Sonic Spinball
Mauraders Mayhem
The Flume
Sharkbeit Reef
The Flume
Congo River Rapids
Runaway Mine Train
Duel
Nemesis: 3
Air

Thirteen: spent about an hour watching it, they were testing individual portions of the track. It got stuck at the top of the first lift. I also saw it stuck on top of the 2nd lift, and the drop track wasnt working properly either because they sent a train into that section and it didnt come out the back for ages!

Another interesting thing that I got to do yesterday was go around the Towers themselves. I didn't realise you could properly walk around everywhere, we went on the roof of the west wing!

Post March 27th, 2010, 1:45 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah, got on it on Wednesday.

Yeah, walking around the towers is pretty sweet, there are some pretty scary bits!

Post March 27th, 2010, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

one thing i love to do is walk around the towers and there are a few freaky rooms in there

im going to the towers on monday again and ill be going again over the easter bank holiday, probally the friday and the monday and mabye sunday. got to work saterday damb.
Making screams come true

Post March 30th, 2010, 8:53 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
My brother went yesterday with is girl.
He's no proper enthusiast but he takes an interest in coasters to a high extent. He said thirteen was pretty awesome, really smooth, nice airtime and the drop track was pretty fun. But backwards helix sucked poop! They re-rode 2 times in the back row and went back for more later in the day. Sound's fun, not intense in the slightest though, and the themeing was way off being finished.
I'm going up after half term for a gander :).
And he said it was fxcking wierd being able to roam around the Towers, think the exit of Hex just puts you in there [lol].
Oh and the park map is really good!

Post March 30th, 2010, 9:31 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by english coaster guy

My brother went yesterday with is girl.
He's no proper enthusiast but he takes an interest in coasters to a high extent. He said thirteen was pretty awesome, really smooth, nice airtime

wtf? Has he ever been out of the country? [lol]

There is no airtime, anywhere, in any seat. Other than on the drop track.

Post March 30th, 2010, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Lol yeah, he's been on only 8 less coasters than me, so like 139, and about the airtime i think he was just saying that to make me partially jealous.

Post March 30th, 2010, 12:34 pm

I think I am going to go back with my "The Sun" tickets, i cannot resist a new ride even if its rubbish.

Post March 30th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,105.00 Points
This may be old news, but for me I just saw the POV. What a horrible horrible let down....

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!