Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Reviews Silverwood Theme Park - 200 Acres of Thrills

Silverwood Theme Park - 200 Acres of Thrills

Staff approved theme park reviews are posted here. Read the sticky topic for details in posting your reviews.

Post December 3rd, 2010, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 805.00 Points
If you have any intentions of being in the Northwest, you must schedule at least a day to visit Silverwood Theme Park. Located in northern Idaho, this park has something for everyone, especially roller coaster enthusiasts. Silverwood Theme Park was built back in 1988 around an old west mining town theme, but it has grown tremendously through the years. The huge park now sprawls over more than 200 acres and features over 65 rides and attractions.

Nestled within Silverwood Theme Park is a full 16-acre water park that they call Boulder Beach. With two huge wave pools, water slides, two separate kiddie areas complete with their own pools, inner tube slides, unique water toys and even a lazy, meandering river, there is definitely fun for the whole family. Of course, the highlights of Boulder Beach for the adventurous would be the exciting Thunder Canyon whitewater ride and the Avalanche Mountain Water Ride where daredevils can certainly get their thrills.

Silverwood Theme Park also features a number of attractions, shows and restaurants. One favorite attraction is the old fashioned steam engine train that visitors can ride through the park. The Country Carnival section of the park is like going to the county fair with all the most popular midway rides including a classic Ferris Wheel, the more daring Paratrooper version, the beloved Tilt-a-Whirl, the scary Round Up, the Sky Diver and the Scrambler.

One favorite show among visitors is the Carnival of Chaos Magic Show, featuring Silverwood's own resident magician, Nick Norton. Nick performs baffling feats of illusion and magic that delights the audiences three times daily in peak season. Another very popular show is the Dancing on Ice show at the Main Street Ice Palace where the bright costumes, lively music and skillful skating keep visitors entertained at least twice each day.

There is a reason we said that Silverwood Theme Park is especially fun for roller coaster lovers ????????? they have four of them! Two are classic wood roller coaster, the ones that purists insist on being the best. The oldest, Timber Terror, opened in 1996, and thought the other coasters of Silverwood are faster and higher, the 360????????? hairpin turn just before the end still makes riders scream. Tremors has been in action since 1999, thrilling riders with a 103 foot drop into the first of four tunnels.

The Corkscrew roller coaster was Silverwood's first metal coaster, being installed in the park in 1990 after years of service at Knott's Berry Farms. Hanging upside down as you enter the double corkscrew is not for the faint of heart! The heart-stopping Aftershock is the big dog of Silverwood Theme Park. 191 feet high with shocking drops as much as 177 feet, this coaster was launched in 2008. You not only fly through a cobra roll and an inverted loop, but you do it at a screaming 65 miles an hour and then do it in reverse!

Silverwood Theme Park
26225 North Highway 95
Athol, Idaho, USA

Post December 17th, 2010, 6:54 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
The review hardly glorifies Tremors, which is from what I've heard ridiculously awesome.

Post January 20th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 94.00 Points
Yeah, this review is a bit sketchy. Nothing really said about Aftershock, Tremors, Timber Terror or Corkscrew, and I don't really see anything about Panic Plunge, either. This sounds more like a quick review that would be found on a tourist website than an enthusiast review.

Post January 20th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

This review was very short, and provided little information about the park itself. Honestly, as enthusiasts, of course we care about the coasters, but, there is more to an entire park than just that. Little if nothing was said about the park scenery, food choices, or overall ambiance of the park.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post April 13th, 2011, 3:50 am

Points on hand: 809.00 Points
Thanks for that short review. It sounds interesting for me.
If ever I'll go there, where do you advise for me to stay. I mean what are the affordable hotels with good reviews nearby? I don't go for 5 star hotels because most of the time, I'll be out at the theme park. So do you suggest any hotels and/or motels nearby?
THANKS!!! :)

Post April 13th, 2011, 3:03 pm

Points on hand: 94.00 Points
^ As a local resident of the Coeur d'Alene area, i'd recomend that you stay at the Holiday Inn Express, right next to Triple Play on US-95 in Hayden, or the Coeur d'Alene Inn, just off of US-95 on Appleway. Both are nice hotels with a lot to do in the area. If you're looking to stay near Silverwood, the Holiday Inn would be your best bet. If you're looking to be near the freeway (I-90), as well as nearby Coeur d'Alene Lake, the CDA Inn would be the place to stay.

Return to Theme Park Reviews