Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Non-Enthusiasts Say The Darndest things...

Non-Enthusiasts Say The Darndest things...

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 13th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Since he likes it and thinks it is. Pretty sure it doesn't matter what you think considering he's the one standing in line ;)

Post September 13th, 2010, 9:51 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman
]wait .. lets see. him , wife and kid .. thats 3.. so when you started in that line there were 3.. you're still in line.. you knew he was coming back .. so even without him there it's still 3. so technically ( in my way of thinking ) there were still 3 in front of you .BUT to make your day better you ruined theirs.. wow.. you will go a long way in the servie.. that is all.

Let me clarify then. I didn't initially know that he was with his wife and step-son, and I didn't see him in line and leave when I entered. When he started hassling me, his wife called out to him to stop. I knew the kid was his step-son when he plead his case to the security guards saying that he was buying a soda for him. Plus, there are signs EVERYWHERE at Great Adventure saying that you cannot line jump for any reason, which includes but is not limited to leaving the line to buy drinks and return to your previous spot. I think my willingness to enforce a rule designed to promote good order, discipline, and common courtesy will make me go far in the service despite your sarcastic and hasty analysis.

Post September 13th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Plus, I don't know about Great Adventure, but at Great America, beer can't leave the patio you bought it on...
American Eagle Lover

Post September 13th, 2010, 10:01 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

if you HONESTLY didnt know he was ahead of you .. well ok .. still kind a push under the bus though. as you can see i still hold resentment towards some of the attitudes i encountered in the navy. spirit of the rule and letter of the rule sort of thing.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 4:58 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
bump. sorry, but i have to post this. so in art my teacher was showing us these pics of his cedar point trip to teach vocab. first was MF, then raptor. then someone had to say, 'someone got there hand chopped off by one of those coasters'. im assuming inverted. then someone else had to add 'yea, dont put your hands up on those types of rides'. i literally started bursting out into laughter.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 5:25 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

thank you for the bump, i love this topic :D
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post March 22nd, 2011, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 784.00 Points
While at busch gardens someone looked at cheetah hunt and said "Whats that"

Then his brother replyed "thats the new train tracks dumbass"

I couldn't stop laughing so he asked me why and i replyed "since when do trains have a heartline roll?"

Post March 22nd, 2011, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post March 22nd, 2011, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Was talking to a friend about coasters and I said, "There is this one ride called colossus that goes upside down 10 times! Thats the most in the world! It's so insane! Reply, "I went on this one ride and it did 27 loopdy loops!"

Post March 22nd, 2011, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 400.00 Points
Kings Island: "Dude isn't the beast like the tallest coaster in the world" "Yeah i'm pretty sure it is, but i'm scared to go on it because people get there hands chopped off in the tunnels"

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:00 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
The most significant one for me is when I went to Conneaut Lake Park to get a ride on their Blue Streak during their (Horrendously bad)Halloween event. While waiting in line the group of guys in front of me were acting all well... high. lol While standing there they were saying all these things about how the Blue Streak at Conneaut is longer than the Beast. Then they went on to talk about Cedar Point, and the one of the guy was saying dumb remarks about how he thought top thrill was shorter than Magnum in height, and that Millennium was a stand up. They were also going on about some other things about parks... It happens to me when waiting in queues all the time. I had to restrain myself from slapping them and telling them they were idiots at one point. [stoning] hehe

Theres. I edited it so I sounds like an idiot noes mores. [^]

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
^Blue Streak at Canobie Lake? They have Yankee Cannonball. No Blue Streak.
Now you sound like a non-enthusiast. ;)

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
I can't really talk since I used to think that Chang at SFKK was four hundred feet tall. But if I could talk, I would say that the best I've heard was in the Maverick line. Some guy was talking about how the ride flipped and then this other guy said "is that before or after the 180 degree drop?" ...did he never take geometry? the guy was in his thirties.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:30 pm

and Top Thrill Dragster IS shorter than Magnum.
American Eagle Lover

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

To be fair, unless someone is saying how a ride jumped the tracks, killed someone, or goes 10000 mph, most of the stuff you typically overhear people saying at parks isn't that bad. So what if someone doesn't know the difference between Millennium Force and Mantis, or thinks that SOB is the tallest ride in the world? Everyone here is just as ignorant about plenty of other things, we just happen to know a lot about coasters.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
Originally posted by guitarplayer673

To be fair, unless someone is saying how a ride jumped the tracks, killed someone, or goes 10000 mph, most of the stuff you typically overhear people saying at parks isn't that bad. So what if someone doesn't know the difference between Millennium Force and Mantis, or thinks that SOB is the tallest ride in the world? Everyone here is just as ignorant about plenty of other things, we just happen to know a lot about coasters.

exactly and they dont thats why we can make fun of them.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 7:45 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by guitarplayer673

yea, but i tend to get really pissed when they dont get it right. even when the call 'Vortex' 'The Vortex'. I even tried explaining to them how(what i had posted earlier) would never happen and they still didnt believe me.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 8:02 pm

too many people call Hades "The Hades", and Zeus "The Zeus".
American Eagle Lover

Post March 22nd, 2011, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Yeah, that is the annoying.
This is not my signature.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 8:31 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
"Views are in the front seat, forces in the back seat. Gotta make my mind up which seat can I taaaaaaaaaaaaake?"
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 22nd, 2011, 9:01 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by Jonny Richey

and Top Thrill Dragster IS shorter than Magnum.

Originally posted by disaster249

^really? [:O]

Yes and no. If your talking about height, then its a no. If your talking about how long the ride is, then it is correct.

Post March 22nd, 2011, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Friend: "When I went to Six Flags [STL] last time, Mr. Freeze was closed."
Me:"Why?"
Friend: "Because the carts went too fast, and the first cart was hanging off the top of the spike."
Me:*facepalm*

Post March 22nd, 2011, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

"Views are in the front seat, forces in the back seat. Gotta make my mind up which seat can I taaaaaaaaaaaaake?"

"THE MIDDLE!"

Post March 22nd, 2011, 9:23 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I worked at Donrey last year (Meteor GL) and a kid told me they got stuck on the twisted spike on Possessed. I told him, "No, you didnt."

Also, before working at Dorney, one of the Hydra people (in 2008 or so) told me Steel Force was really supposed to be 400 feet tall and 2 miles long but they had to cut it down and send the other half to Cedar Point.

- I had no response to that.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions