Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Boy Dies After Fall From Chicago Roller Coaster

Boy Dies After Fall From Chicago Roller Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

NORRIDGE, Ill. ????????? Police say a 3-year-old boy was riding a roller coaster with his twin brother when he fell to his death at a suburban Chicago amusement park.

The fall happened Saturday at Go Bananas in Norridge. Police chief James Jobe says the boy was near the front of the Python Pit roller coaster when he got under the safety bar. Jobe says the boy suffered head injuries. He called it "a tragic accident."

A man who identified himself as the park's general manager said Sunday they are "very sorrowful" and cooperating with investigators.

The boy was from the southern Chicago suburb of Dolton. His identity has not been released.

The Cook County medical examiner says the boy died at the park. Police say a state inspector was at the scene.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 3rd, 2011, 12:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Wow, thats sad.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post April 3rd, 2011, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I read the title and immediately figured it was going to be some kid falling from American Eagle. Then I was worried that we were oing to have to listen to johnny bitch about how American Eagle could never do that to anyone.

But as it is, this is likely even sadder. Too bad things like these keep happening...

Post April 3rd, 2011, 3:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Originally posted by boneplaya

I read the title and immediately figured it was going to be some kid falling from American Eagle. Then I was worried that we were oing to have to listen to johnny bitch about how American Eagle could never do that to anyone.

But as it is, this is likely even sadder. Too bad things like these keep happening...

The ride is similar to Jonny Richey's other favorite coaster, Tiger Terror; he'll probably bitch about that too.
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post April 3rd, 2011, 5:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points

Post April 3rd, 2011, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
THANK GOD it wasn't the Tiger Terror!!!
American Eagle Lover

Post April 3rd, 2011, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post April 3rd, 2011, 9:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by boneplaya

And Python Pit is nothing compared to Tiger Terror..... That's like comparing a jet coaster to a euro-fighter..... yeah, they're both steel, and a similar length and height, but one of them is designed a hell of a lot better.
American Eagle Lover

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!