Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area B&M Stand Up (its been a while)

B&M Stand Up (its been a while)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post June 30th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Ok, so i haven't been active on this site for a while (because i got sick of dealing with people on this site), but i'm back, and just for fun i'm making a stand up inspired by mantis.

So far its 150 feet tall and has 4 inversions.

What i really need help with is supports, and thats where you folks come in. I've looked at pics on rcdb to do most of them, but i know they need tweaking so please help me out with that. here are some pics though.

Image Insert:
319.39 KB

Image Insert:
327.43 KB

Image Insert:
236.12 KB

enjoy and please be nice, but be true.

Post June 30th, 2011, 10:10 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
The drop looks way too steep to be realistic, and the loop seems to be tilted, but it could be the sim angle. Otherwise, the corks look pretty good and I like the elevated helix. Your supports seem fine from what I can tell, although I'd suggest removing one of the V-shaped supports and stretching out the remaining three as it seems cluttered. Looks to have potential.

Post June 30th, 2011, 10:34 pm

the drop is only about 60 degrees (still steep for a stand up), and no, the loop is not tilted. thats just the angle. same with the drop, and thanks alot for the help! its very appreciated!

Image Insert:
222.46 KB

better angle of the drop. still steep i know. but not as steep as it looked in the previous pick.

Image Insert:
228.93 KB

And i guess i didn't notice but the loop is mildly tilted due the the exit being higher than the entrance, but dont panic. just take a look at raptors loop at CP. its EXTREMELY tilted haha.

Post June 30th, 2011, 11:46 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
The drop isn't as bad as I thought, still steep though. The tilt of the loop isn't too bad, but now that I can see a better side angle, I think the loop needs to be more teardrop shaped. Similar to this:

Post June 30th, 2011, 11:51 pm

well shaping cant really change since i'm halfway through the supporting process already. so i'll deal with it for now, but i should have several stand ups that will all be far better than this one.

Post July 1st, 2011, 9:35 am

not that this ride is very deserving of such a feat, but would anyone like to do some 3ds work for it? the only thing i really want is catwalks for the lift, trim break, mcbr, breakrun, and ladders(spiral stairs) going to them. it'd be awesome and i simply dont have the time or patience for 3ds.

Post July 1st, 2011, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
what is that flat section after the loop?
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post July 1st, 2011, 3:19 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Do a top down view in the editor, I wanna see how wide your lift supports are lol.

Post July 1st, 2011, 6:39 pm

Post July 2nd, 2011, 2:25 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
I like the steeper drop. If you're making a new Stand-up, why not add something new to the formula?! :D

And welcome back! [|)]
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post July 2nd, 2011, 3:14 pm

Thanks, i'm glad you like the drop. This ride certainly has its flaws, but i want to perfect stand ups. i've developed an obsession for them, so expect to see alot of these from me guys!

But yeah, please keep commenting on the supports and what not. i need to know whats good and bad. i'll keep this updated as much as possible between school and work.

here's another pic of the (imo) sexy drop.

Image Insert:
190.47 KB

Using Symbiotic's Clifford env, this ride looks sexy as hell.

Image Insert:
292.15 KB

Image Insert:
364.05 KB

Post July 3rd, 2011, 12:16 am

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Holy shamole sticks! Looking forward to this man. I think red and black/dark, dark gray is also one of the most epic color schemes for a ride, like seriously. Nice terra-forming and wow did you do that in a short span of time!
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post July 3rd, 2011, 2:31 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Holy poop that picture is amazing!!! Nice env!
American Eagle Lover

Post July 3rd, 2011, 3:46 am

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
Holy shnikes, what environment is that? That should be the standard, or one of the pre-packed, for NL. Beautiful shots.

Post July 3rd, 2011, 8:58 am

Its Symbiotics Clifford environment. (clifford is a ride found in the "cool designs" page). I've asked his permission to use this env. several times before and he doesn't mind.

Edit: Btw, i just posted this. enjoy folks.

Return to Hard Hat Area