Board index Public Relations Site Related What happened to CC?

What happened to CC?

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Post November 15th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
I've pretty much been inactive from the site since late July/early August(except for the draft which I completely failed at this year). Work, school, and band pretty much forced me to be away with anything Internet related.

Anywhooo! What the hell happened to this site? Reading through some of these topics... nothing really seems the same. Is it just me or is the site really that different? Did I miss something?
Last edited by fear the four on November 15th, 2011, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not my signature.

Post November 15th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
cool5 was banned
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post November 15th, 2011, 11:16 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Weeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll, jim got banned so nobody is in the chat anymore (also people like haz, meta, ect.. who were active on it started college/senior year which is apparently a bitch). Then all of these new people came who don't really benefit the site that much and know-it-alls *cough*Bottom feeder*cough*. The new people dont even care about small topics that are from a new designer or someone not so good at no limits, they only care about a full on project with 3ds and beautiful scenery, and even when the designers release the rides nobody rates them...and if they do its a poop 1 sentence rate that says its good.

Post November 15th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by RideWarriorNation

Then all of these new people came who don't really benefit the site that much and know-it-alls *cough*Bottom feeder*cough*.

It's interesting that you chose to direct that comment toward somebody else.

Post November 15th, 2011, 11:28 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

yeah, idk; it might be me lol. seeing his shitty avatar and then reading his posts just give me a kind of know-it-all vibe... but what are ya trying to say?[;)]

Post November 16th, 2011, 12:26 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
I'm in the heat of college now in the middle of my second year and I try to check almost every day...I'm pretty good at it too [approve]

Post November 16th, 2011, 1:10 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
i'm still here, i check in daily, but i really don't have that much time. i'll occasionally reveal myself from the shadows....
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post November 16th, 2011, 1:30 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Offseason is also starting for most of you which is typical for activity to go down as well. Basically, nothing is out of the ordinary from my perspctive.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 16th, 2011, 4:45 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I got bored of it all. Still check on the forums a bit but i'm wayyyy too busy with college work for decent activity.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post November 16th, 2011, 5:36 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
I agree with Oscar that nothing is particularly out of the ordinary.

RWN, Jim wasn't banned he just got bored of you [;)]

Post November 16th, 2011, 6:54 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I used to be massively active on here, then I became much less so when I started work - at which point, all I wanted to do when I got home was lie down and look at tits. But this year in particular, I have become very inactive on here myself; thanks, in no small part, to me spending almost every hour that I am on the internet, extremely closely following a construction project very close to my home and heart.

Also, just after the time CS.com shutdown, the entire mood of the site did rapidly change, go figure. Threads started to become quite tense, very often. But it wasn't the fun kind of tense that we used to have was TConwell was arguing the toss about Jesus. Anyway, at around that point, I felt that a lot of the fun of the site had been sapped out of it. Don't get me wrong, I still love to come here, I'm just not as active anymore, for the above reasons among other things. But I'm not sure I see any particular change on the site since July/August time, this might just be as stated by Oscar.

Post November 16th, 2011, 7:04 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
I'm guess this site will become less and less active as less and less people are playing NoLimits. I know we discuss general park and coaster stuff, but this is foremost and NoLimits-oriented site. If care about and not NoLimits, there are far more active sites out there.

Back to NoLimits. There used to be fierce competitions for the weekly awards, tens and tens of people joining tournaments and a lot more people rated.

Now the kids who started playing NL when it came out are grown up and have moved on, and since there are not many people starting on NoLimits, it'll go downhill until NL2 is released and people start building coasters again.

Post November 16th, 2011, 8:00 am

Points on hand: 201.00 Points
^exactly my thoughts...anyways I think lots of people im my age don't really have a lot of time for NL. School and Work don't let me go on my Pc very often. I hope that NL2 will help to get some people back here.

I also hope that I'll find more time after my final exams in spring next year. Then I'll be more active!

Post November 16th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

basically a few things

im working in a place i love and a job i love. i fell in love and im with someone i want to be with every second of the day. i still use NL but not like i used to. i now log onto a forum and im much more active there because its closer to home, have meetups regually and have a great friend base there (towerstimes.co.uk for those in the uk). i also feel like gouldy that this place has lost alot of the fun it once had a while back.
theres nothing particually wrong with here and im here every day but posting is somthing i feel i wil do what i need to not just for the hell of it. we need some fun injections and the banter back
Making screams come true

Post November 16th, 2011, 6:11 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Man, I've been checking in everyday to here for ages now, since before C2K closed down. But how often do I actually post stuff? Not very often, nor do I finish rides very often. This is mainly because of 'life'. It tends to get in the way, and I think around this time of the year, peoples lives start wearing them out more than normal and when they come on here (typically evenings) they aren't out to do anything action packed. Just share an opinion about something then onto the next thread.

I don't think a competition here and there would hurt, not a full-on one, just something with one round and slightly relaxed rules which allow more creativity and less restriction keeping moral up. A short-ish deadline so people can get something in before they lose interest.

It feels to me like the big players are drifting away and it's leaving a LOT of novices, which is quite frankly a ball-ache re-answering the same old questions all the time.

I dunno, with out NL2 being released, and only one measly update which gave us a spinner no one wanted... this is going to happen.

Post November 16th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Geology is hard so I blame that
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 16th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Originally posted by GavG

I agree with Oscar that nothing is particularly out of the ordinary.

RWN, Jim wasn't banned he just got bored of you [;)]
Good, i was getting tired of him too.

Post November 17th, 2011, 1:37 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I guess hyyyper is right in my case...I pretty much don't have NoLimits right now, so I don't come here as often. I definitely do come by weekly, at least, and just browse for a bit, but not nearly as much as I used to. For sure that will change when NoLimits 2 comes out though.

Post November 17th, 2011, 9:16 am

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Also, a big bunch of RCT players (good ones and not so good ones) are waiting for NL2 to get it. At least that's the common talk on the forums...they'll just keep playing RCT and "wait for it". So even then there will be a surge of NL players, hopefully to this site.

Post November 18th, 2011, 12:12 am

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

I was never as active here as I was at CS, but the main reason I've become less active corresponds with the reasons mentioned above. School is busier, and I'm in so many extracurricular activities that I barely have time to relax, much less be involved with NL to the extent that I used to be. Plus, with stuff like Newton 2 upping the bar for track designs, I've fallen way behind when it comes to designing (I still handbuild or elementary/FVD....)

Return to Site Related