Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Nolimits 2 Kings Island Recreation - The Beast

Nolimits 2 Kings Island Recreation - The Beast

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 21st, 2014, 12:02 pm

Points on hand: 131.00 Points
With Nolimits 2 now out, I want to work on making recreations with accurate sizing of photos of land, and scenery. With that, I'm going to be recreating The Beast with the best I can do with the available pictures that I have from Google Earth, (And others if anyone wants to chip in, and send me in photos!)

On Nolimits 2, you can create Storage Sheds, accurate Scenery to scale to the real world, and scripting. Which means you can script in ambient sounds like the lift hill audio from The beast, or have the 'all clear' for the Station! I plan on going all out on that, and even including the Lift Hill Audio, if I can recreate it, or have people chip in, and send in the Audio if they have it!

With that all said, It's onto the recreation! I just began to start working on it today, with just the beginning section of The Beast, The very start of the FBR (Final Break Run) up to the crescent of the Lift Hill, Although it's just a flat image, with a flat track for detail work first, I will get everything correct by Memory, other people helping out, and the park as well (If they want too)

I'm using Google Sketch-up to get accurate images of the sized section of track. I already know about the Beast having 3 cars, with 6 trains per, and is a 3 row car! All of that is already set! Plus, on Nolimits 2, you can see an re-size the track sections according to the trains so it fits!

Here is one image of the Ride, taken today (1-21-14) From the editor it's self

Of course, with Google as it is, I can't get FULL on accuracy from the images since they're satellite images, that are a bit offset from the real version, (as you can tell from the lift hill)

Reviews are welcomed, and I hope to get some support on this. Support is what keeps me going for sure! Get's me inspired to continue this!
Last edited by Tetsu on January 21st, 2014, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 21st, 2014, 2:40 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks great so far. I would recommend having your NL track follow the footers as they are attached to the ground and therefore the most accurate. You seem pretty aware of satellite imagery issues already though. Good luck!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 21st, 2014, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 131.00 Points
I've made the lift do a special little thing where it does in the real Beast (Most of the time) where it will speed up for a short bit, and then slow down, and at the very top is slows way down. I have that set up, The Lift hill speed on the Normal section is 4, The Speed up is 8, and the slow down on the Crescent of the lift is 3. Here is a shot in the Editor.

And I had worked on the Storage so trains can actually go into them and out of them (It wasn't able too before, now I edited it so I could. Here is a train outside of the Storage.

And to anyone who has a protractor, would mind to track these angles to see if It's correct to 30 on the Lift, and 45 on the Drop, that'd be great!

Post January 21st, 2014, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 374.00 Points
Originally posted by Aussiemine
And to anyone who has a protractor, would mind to track these angles to see if It's correct to 30 on the Lift, and 45 on the Drop, that'd be great!

No need for that, you can ensure it yourself in the editor.

45 is a 1:1 ratio of rise to run. So if one vertex is at 0,0, set another vertex over 100, and up 100 and the line between the two is 45 degrees. You need the same number of units over, that you have up.

30 is 2:1, you need 2 over and 1 up. so with a vertex at 0, 0, you would go over 100, and up 50. That would be 30 degrees.

You didn't ask for it, but 60 is the opposite of 30, 1:2. Go over 50 and up 100.

Post January 21st, 2014, 5:59 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points

Post January 21st, 2014, 10:06 pm

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
^^ Wrong, a 30* angle is actually a rise of 10 to a run of ~17.3 (technically rise over run of 1/sqrt3) a rise over run of 1/2 is an angle of ~26.5*. A 30* slope does have a rise of 1 for every 2 the hypotenuse increases (in this case the track length)
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post January 21st, 2014, 10:17 pm

That's twice in two days I've been wrong. This is a disturbing trend that must end. [;)] (Please don't tell my girlfriend I was wrong.
I'll never be right again.)

EDIT: forgot a word, thanks TTD03.

Post January 21st, 2014, 10:31 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post January 21st, 2014, 10:35 pm

That doesn't count, it's a well known fact that my brain is waaay faster than my fingers.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing this. A rating on my first coaster said I was inspired by this, but I've actually never even seen it.

Post January 21st, 2014, 10:42 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Return to Hard Hat Area