Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Heide Park Showing Off Newly Named B&M Wing Coaster

Heide Park Showing Off Newly Named B&M Wing Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points

Germany's Heide Park has finally given their brand new B&M Wing Coaster a name : Flug der Damonen, or Flight of the Demons. Sounds pretty menacing, but fits nicely with the dark theming that we've seen applied to the ride so far.

The coaster has been testing and a new video of that has also been released:

The ride's seven car trains look to fly over that first speed hill, but then slow down considerably in all the other elements. No way to know if the train is up to full speed yet, though, so I will reserve judgement on that front until the ride is open to the public.

Regardless of speed the multiple 'near-miss' elements that have been included in Flight of the Demons look wonderful, and are sure to have plenty of riders ducking along the way.

Originally posted by Mike H @NewsPlusNotes
Last edited by Turbo on January 19th, 2014, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 19th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks Great. Wish I could visit. I like the airtime hill and the Norwegian looking thing. Looks like one of the more.. "original" B&M layouts.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

An official POV was released from the park. I hope that was running on parts that need to break in more and terrible wind conditions/cold, because this ride runs SLOW relative to X-Flight in Chicago.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Ugh the layout is so fluid. I love how the elements unique to this winger ended up riding. I bet it'll get faster; I know from experience that GateKeeper did between May and August.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah Swarm which is a fairly similar ride in terms of size had really really slow run through first time but has more pace to it now so it doesn't 'hang' on the elements. Looks awesome though!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I mean aside from the speed issue in the video it's a very well planned out ride and I think the layout is stellar
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Nice. Looks like it was designed in NL and the builder forgot to choose a track color, lol.

"The ride's seven car trains look to fly over that first speed hill, but then slow down considerably in all the other elements." I count 6 cars. Or I'm blind lol.
Do Not Look At My Hard Hat Threads I Am Not Advertising My Rides In My Posts' So Please Don't Look At My (insert Coaster name here) It's Not In The Hard Hat Area

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!