Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Battlestar Galactica at Universal Studios Singapore Defunct

Battlestar Galactica at Universal Studios Singapore Defunct

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-is-buzzing/troubled-universal-studios-singapore-ride-battlestar-galactica-closes-084334087.html

The ride was plagued with problems since opening, and remained closed since mid-2013. The ride will be removed and replaced by the end of this year!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm guessing that since the main driving force behind building this ride was space constraints, but I really have no other information to go off of.

Regardless, whoever decided this ride would be better than cloning The Incredible Hulk (with a new launching system that has some resemblance of efficiency perhaps) was high at the time.

Also props to Vekoma for screwing the pooch on this one.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
It looked extremely slow at every corner, like "Roller Skater" the kiddie coaster by Vekoma, the same manufacturers of this coaster. Sad to say the kiddie one is of a high quality while this one ended up
closing...
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I still really admired the idea of a dueling coaster with two different types of trains. It's sad to see it go but, oh, Vekoma. It'd be a dream to see B&M take over that kind of idea, and give a new Dueling Dragons experience somewhere else with an invert and a floorless.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah the idea was there - as tiepilot said I think you needed a really reliable company who weren't experimenting too much with car styles and such to pull it off. Intamin with an impulse and accelerator might've been a nice shout?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Universal has had good luck with B & M, it's probably best to stick with what simply works.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
To be fair Vekoma has pulled off great things with Disney. Still though I thought the problems this ride had were bizarre from the get go .
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to General Theme Park Discussions