Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Lakeside Park UPDATED 04/04/2014

[NL2] Lakeside Park UPDATED 04/04/2014

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 9th, 2014, 8:01 am

Points on hand: 1,169.00 Points
A couple of days ago my house was hit by lightning and my hard drive died because of a surge so I lost everything I was working on, so now I have decided instead of working on multiple coasters on their own, I'm going to put what I have learned in the editor to making a whole park

So far I have almost finished the 1st coaster, a Vekoma Motorbike Coaster named after the old N64/Gamecube game Extreme G, it's LIM launched to 53mph and has 2 inversions and a pretty realistic layout

Image Insert:
171.04 KB

Image Insert:
271.64 KB

Image Insert:
178.84 KB

I hope to have around 4 or 5 coasters in the finished park and I will be optimising the detail distances as I go along so it will hopefully run really smooth, the next coaster I'm going to add will likely be either a B&M Inverted Coaster or a B&M Flying Coaster. Once I finish the 1st coaster I'll upload some more shots of the entire area where it sits and a shot showing the layout of the park which will have a similar lakeside style as Thorpe Park
Last edited by Postal on April 18th, 2014, 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post February 9th, 2014, 10:30 am

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
Nice-looking motorbike coaster you've got there. I look forward to seeing the lake setting!

Post February 9th, 2014, 11:15 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Your supports are a bit too thick in places. Otherwise it looks pretty neat.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 9th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Your supports are a bit too thick in places. Otherwise it looks pretty neat.

Thanks, yeah I noticed that myself but I have a lot more work to do so I will eventually fix that.

Also here's some more shots showing the lake around the coaster itself, I still have to fill in and shape the areas around the lake more but I think the Motorbike Coaster poking out slightly seems to looks pretty decent.

Image Insert:
387.91 KB

Image Insert:
655.4 KB

Image Insert:
431.22 KB

Image Insert:
502.27 KB

Post February 9th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I really like this! That's really too bad about the power surge tho what a freak thing..

Post February 10th, 2014, 9:34 am

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

I really like this! That's really too bad about the power surge tho what a freak thing..

Thanks dude, yeah it sucks I lost the track files, but I guess it gave me a chance to start fresh and try something different

Post February 10th, 2014, 3:57 pm
craigster001 User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 346.50 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post February 10th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,013.00 Points
Originally posted by craigster001

I spy an inversion :3

Two even!

Post February 10th, 2014, 5:52 pm
craigster001 User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 346.50 Points
Oh, just read post. Meh.

I can only imagine this being painful with the Vekoma Motorbike restraints. Might work though.

Post February 10th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Originally posted by craigster001

Oh, just read post. Meh.

I can only imagine this being painful with the Vekoma Motorbike restraints. Might work though.

Well I've kept all forces in safe levels and let them determine the shaping of the inversions

Post February 13th, 2014, 10:31 am

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Personally I think the biggest challenge on those motorbike restraints in an inversion would be to minimize the negative gs at the top of the loop; it's hanging against those restraints for too long that's likely to be most painful (IMO).

Otherwise I think it looks great. I personally like the idea of throwing a couple of inversions into a motorbike and it's something we haven't really seen, but the above would be my only concern. I especially like the second image, which has "motorbike coaster" written all over it.

Post February 13th, 2014, 12:52 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

A think a corkscrew could be done.

Post February 19th, 2014, 3:37 pm

I have finished the track work 100% now on the motorbike coaster and only a little bit more support work to go, so I have started work on the second coaster which is an Intamin Blitz coaster, I've only just started it though so no screenshots just yet, but here's a video of the motorbike coaster in action. If you look close enough you can see the blitz coaster in the background at the end of the video.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks nice so far. Make sure you don't kill anyone with G's on the blitz coaster lol

Post March 11th, 2014, 9:21 am

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Looks nice so far. Make sure you don't kill anyone with G's on the blitz coaster lol

I'm gonna try and keep the Gs in safe levels :D

Post March 14th, 2014, 6:57 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Looks good, weird looking support at about 0:49 though. Also the tri support on the turn is nice but seems a bit unnecessary?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 14th, 2014, 8:00 am

mkingy wrote:
Looks good, weird looking support at about 0:49 though. Also the tri support on the turn is nice but seems a bit unnecessary?

Here's a quote from an earlier post
Postal wrote:
only a little bit more support work to go

Which means the supports aren't finished, the tri support is needed on the turn as there wasn't any room for any other kind of support also it's used to create a head chopper

Post March 14th, 2014, 9:09 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Postal wrote:
mkingy wrote:

Postal wrote:

Which means the supports aren't finished

Clearly. I was just giving comments in case you hadn't noticed it or if the picture was misleading ;)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 14th, 2014, 9:19 am

mkingy wrote:
Postal wrote:
mkingy wrote:

Postal wrote:

Which means the supports aren't finished

Clearly. I was just giving comments in case you hadn't noticed it or if the picture was misleading ;)

No worries, it's hard to portray the tone of how things are said via text in a forum, the reason the support is bent in an odd direction is because I build in 3d space, not side on, so when I was building it looked ok, but when I do post the park to the exchange, I should have all odd looking supports fixed

A quick update, I couldn't quite get the Blitz Coaster to work, so I scrapped it, and instead replaced it with a Dive Machine which I feel fits my over all idea for the park more.

This is still heavily a work in progress but I have completed around 50-60% of the track work, the coaster features a 185ft 1st drop with no holding brake, an ejector airtime hill and an over banked turnaround, there will be no water splash as I'm trying to keep the coaster as original as possible, I'm not quite sure if I want to add a second drop or not yet as the idea doesn't really appeal to me, also there's no name yet.

Also the supports are also NOT final
screenshot-2014-04-04-12-07-39.png
A close-ish shot of the train leaving the station

screenshot-2014-04-04-12-09-05.png
Don't look down :S.... Screw that YOU'VE GOT NO CHOICE!

screenshot-2014-04-04-12-14-47.png
A look at the 1st half of the coaster from a distance

P.S. I couldn't change the name of the thread to match the new update, I'm guessing because of the change to the new site (thats fine) just don't hate ;)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
cough oscar put that feature in to change thread names cough cough

Return to Hard Hat Area