Board index Public Relations Introductions Magu is scripting: *hello CC world!*

Magu is scripting: *hello CC world!*

Say hi to the crowd of CoasterCrazians!

Post April 27th, 2014, 4:48 am

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Hello dear CCcommunity =)
With the great help of Oscar, i??????m able to be a user on CC! Thank you for this! ;)

I??????m a long-time NoLimits User with some experience with RCT3 and TPS. And other tiny stuff which have something to do with modeling.

With the release of NL2 the whole situation is nearly, completly new for me =) So much things to play with and so much new possibilities! And well, it looks like the real thing! Yeehaaww.

I??????ve modeled a few pieces for RCT3 and had learned very much about modeling for a PC game! Everybody who want to model should go through an RCT3import marathon.. once in a lifetime ;) It??????s very.. exciting! RCT3 will be forever a very-welcome part on my desk. It??????s simply epic and what the community has done for this grandpa of a game.. is amazing!

The new girl in town is TPS. After a few trial and errors i was able to import my first cube into the game. I??????m excited how far this project will be going and what the user will do with it. Especially the upcoming flatride-designer will maybe generate a few very CRAZY ideas from crazy, creative user :D

As the thread title described very well,.. the only thing i don??????t understand is "scripting" i tried it several times but it??????s not my thing. I??????ve created a simple rotation-script which can be used to rotate objects in NL2. Not more or less. It??????s a low.cost version of Phyter`s emergency-light-script ;) So i did not the most work of it :D

That??????s all folks! No hidden secrets inside!

Nice greetings, Magu (MGrides).

Ps.: As you can read, i??????m german. Sorry for the mistakes ;)

Post April 27th, 2014, 8:20 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Hey there, welcome to the site.
The site was recently updated about a month or two ago and currently there are plans for another future update.
With this in mind, the forums should become more active than they are now.
If you have any questions about anything, you are more than welcome to make a topic about it! :D

Post April 27th, 2014, 8:51 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Welcome.
TTD03 wrote:
and currently there are plans for another future update.

That's news to me.

Post April 27th, 2014, 9:15 am

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
Welcome, hope you have a great time here. Once you get the hang of scripting, it really opens up tons of possibilities in NL2, and really makes a lot of it more flexible to work with.

I remember when I first got the hang of modelling, and the model spree that came about afterwards

Post April 27th, 2014, 10:05 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Hey Magu!

Glad I could get your account sorted! I wish I could help you with scripting but I don't know anything about it. However, Projektion is quite good. Check out his forum posts and script uploads. They're very nice!

Welcome back,

Oscar
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 27th, 2014, 10:27 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

SkyArrow wrote:
Welcome.
TTD03 wrote:
and currently there are plans for another future update.

That's news to me.

It's called Phase 2 Recode.
Hasn't been publicly talked about too much besides the Premium forum so i'll leave it at that.

Post April 27th, 2014, 10:51 am

Thank you all for the kind words =)

Some VERY fresh work:

A Star Flyer...

A monorail...

And a Windseeker...

...and of course the observation tower in the background ;)

A Round Up:

...still very W.I.P xD

A Chair Swing:

As you can see.. it??????s still W.I.P .. and no worry, i recently got some help!=) We??????ll see how that will turn out.
There is more ... coming soon. All the Rides will having color textures instead of BIGsized jpg??????s. Mater one is: Every user can coloring the rides for own needs with a simple NLmaterial :D

Later i??????ll make a topic to put that all in ;)

Nice greetings!

Post April 27th, 2014, 11:14 am

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
this is exactly what I was waiting for to put into the park im working on.
http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/still-un-named-park-sneak-peak-t32933.html
I need a few more rides. thank you for providing for the community.
Plantoris

Post April 27th, 2014, 11:42 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
YES! Now people won't have to either have a park with just coasters or use the same pre-made swinging ship, ferris wheel, and enterprise in just about every park with at least 2 coasters.

Post April 27th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Thank you, both of you! :D

Speaking of Ferris Wheels...i wished there was a smaller Ferris Wheel. And here it is:
FerrisWheelByFreefall.jpg

;)

Please keep in mind, they are not animated, yet! It will take a while, until they are ready. I??????ll plan to release them in pieces, so if one is ready, it will be available :D

Post April 27th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I love that last Eli Bridge style "roadside carnival" style Ferris wheel.

Post April 27th, 2014, 1:41 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

How did I know cool5 would post as soon as ferris wheel was mentioned?

Post April 27th, 2014, 1:56 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Welcome to the site! Your rides look fantastic!

one question about them, what kind of lag (if any) do they cause in parks?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 28th, 2014, 3:44 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Awesome work! Looking forward to seeing further developments!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 28th, 2014, 4:01 am

Thank you again for all the kind words! ;) And now i know that i have to make another ferris-wheel, for another post of cool5 :D

@Turbo: The models in this state are the full modeled Versions. It??????s the first LOD which you can see if you??????re close enough! ALL models will have at least 3 LOD`s for a better performance. As i said: I??????ll mostly using colors instead of big textures to have a better performance (all colors are seperated and easy changeable with a NL2material).
The plan is, to have the abilitiy, to make a full park with several rides. I have an eagle eye on it. It should be also possible to have the rides in a park if you??????re on a weaker pc. The problem is not to make a full-rounded and hyper-detailed ride. The challenge is to make that low-poly.

I??????m experiementing with the third LOD which will have alpha textures and a few polygons. To make the high-detailed models low-poly isn??????t the problem, but it should look good enough :D

Nice greetings! =)

Post April 28th, 2014, 5:33 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
These custom rides show that NL is still developing not "developed"! Really cool additions! =)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 28th, 2014, 3:10 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I agree, as long as there are fans of NL with their creativity, NL will never be truly "done" with developing.

That??????s true! =)

I made some updates and changes..

StarFlyer-V5b-byfreefall.jpg

First of all, the Star Flyer got new double-seats.

RoundUp-V4-3-byfreefall.jpg

Also the Round-Up is taking shape!

BalloonRace2-byfreefall.jpg

Of course, there have to be a family ride... as well.

HollywoodStar-V2-byfreefall.jpg

And this is a new ride.

They are maybe similar with the movements and experiences, but well, i let the ideas flow. I don??????t want to constrain myself :D

Nice greetings =)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I think its awesome that you've been here a week and already you have contributed more to this site than people, myself included, have in 4 or 5 years. These look awesome
What are these for?

Thank you TTD03 and CKidd!

The rides are slowly ready for the hardest part at all: ANIMATION / SCRIPTING!
This will maybe take the most of the time. As i said, i have a rotation script and can rotate some things but .. maybe the rides will deliver you the full experience. We??????ll see what happens :D
If i don??????t get them running with some superb help of experienced scripters (who are doing probably the most work), i??????ll upload them with only the rotation.

The rides will be released in parts and in a "Park.Set" which will contain a few other things. It??????s simply a Folder which will be updated and grow bigger with time ;)

Here is something funny:
PoopingFlyer-byfreefall.jpg

PoopingFlyer-CloseUp-byfreefall.jpg

I was searching for some decoration and the dog po(o)ped up.. it reminds me of the "dogfart-coaster" and the name was born XD It??????s not meant serious.. but i couldn??????t resist! :D

Next stop will be the Paratrooper. I had modeled a very high-detailed model and now i have to make a low -poly version of it:
Twister.jpg

...of course, with all the details, it looks great in NL2.. but i don??????t think it would be good for the performance.

More coming soon! :)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Amazing! I'm so glad someone is really into the flatride-making. If you give others permission to use it (and they credit you for the work of course), then we could see some incredible parks being released.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thank you guys =)

It would be awesome to see some of the rides in other parks, doing their thing! :D

...more coming soon!

The first ride (of all) done a great step forward!

=)

Have a nice weekend! :D

Return to Introductions