Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! The American Dream Back On Track For 2016 Opening!

The American Dream Back On Track For 2016 Opening!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
The American Dream, a giant mega-mall complex slated to be built just outside New York City, might finally be on its way to an actual opening in 2016. The developers behind the project - which will finish the partially done (and despised as ugly) Xanadu project - have released some new renderings and now call for completion in the fall of 2016. The project was originally announced in 2011, with most parts slated to have been open this year.

Triple 5, the American Dream's developers, also behind the Mall of America and West Edmonton Mall, both have amusement parks. The American Dream will also have one indoors, coming in at 300,000 square feet. It will also feature a 225,000 indoor water park - both can be seen in the image above which is from the project's website. The amusement park, which will be themed to the Dreamworks characters, can be seen on the left, and the water park more in the middle. Much of the park will be visible through 80 foot tall glass windows - how's that for an advertisement?
This is a similar, but more stylized piece of concept art - take notice of that coaster drawn in the amusement park! Looks like it could be great... but this simply concept art and nothing more. I would still think that creating a park with rides like those at Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America would be more realistic. However, that large tower in the amusement park does appear to have some sort of free fall, listed as 200 feet in height, which is a very unique feature.

The American Dream will also be home to a large observation wheel, indoor ski slope, a full sized hockey rink, miniature golf, movie theaters and an aquarium. Oh, and plenty of restaurants and shops, of course.
Source

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Looks kind of "chunky" like instead of finding a good way to mesh everything together they decided to throw everything together and see what they could get. an indor ski slope? so not needed when you have the poconos and the catskills an hour an half away each. I assume this is North Jersey, because its the only place with enough land. You can just get on 80 and find everything you can include with 60 miles.
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It's close to New York, there's 9 million people there, they can attract rich New Yorkers in and advertise it is closer.
There will always be some morons that fall for it.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
This is great and all but doesn't NYC have enough near it? I mean this isn't the midwest where the ski slope would be needed.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
This is pretty close to what I have tried to build in RCT3. Graphics were so heavy like only one FPS that I just fumbled with scenery parts to put together, every time its rate suddenly got back to 50-60! xD
Making one indoor park see-through is a good commercial thing! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
This is great and all but doesn't NYC have enough near it? I mean this isn't the midwest where the ski slope would be needed.

It does, but it's always more convenient when its all together in one place.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!