Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Holiday World & Splashin' Safari 6/10/14 (Pics Included.)

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari 6/10/14 (Pics Included.)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
This is my first official trip report I've done so bear with me and enjoy! :D

Today, I visited (for the 12th time this year ;]) Holiday World & Splashin' Safari. We got a late start but I had in mind to arrive a little later to let the initial crowd that surges the park, to die down. I planned this particular trip perfectly. I tend to go to the parks when the weather consists of rains, and storms. First arriving I had suspected The Legend to be down as It has experienced some maintenance issues after getting stuck mid ride. Maintenance crews were out throughout the day repairing and replacing track. We had arrived to the parks around 1 pm, we walked into the park, made it to the entrance of the Fourth of July section and suddenly it was pouring rain. So while waiting for the rains to die down, we decided to ride The Star Spangled Carrousel, Rough Riders Bumper Cars, and Frightful falls. After Falls, we sat down for a nice lunch of Chicken Tenders and Fries at Goblin Burger. While my girlfriend and best friend, were eating, I couldn't help but take some pictures of The Legend's station. The Legend runs with 2 trains consisting of 6 cars. One train was parked in the "Stable" while another was completely removed from the track. My guess was the train was being inspected in the warehouse and adjustments being made. After lunch we made a quick run on Raging Rapids, and then it was off to Splashin' Safari! Let me tell you, out of all the times we've gone this year, today was the most successful trip yet. After riding the moderate green family slide known as "Watube" We dashed to the World's Longest Water Coaster's. We rode the Mammoth twice and the Wildebeest 6 times, it was off to a "Toilette Bowl" style slide named Bakuli. While my friend stayed in the lazy river, and lounged around. I took the opportunity to see the surveying marks, construction, and just have a great time on Hyena Falls (Slide complex including a half pipe type slide.) Which the top of "Laughs" also known as the name for the half pipe, is the best spot to get a view of the clearing and construction so far. In less than a week it has gone from piles of dirt, to holes dug deep for the footers to be poured. The footers are growing at a rapid rate. From just one footer tucked away, to dozens. I wish I would have taken photos of it, but I didn't have my camera on me during the duration of my Splashin' Safari time. After drying off and meeting up with my girlfriend, we took the opportunity of the current absence of guests to hope on my personal favorite Wooden Coaster "The Voyage." (If you don't know what The Voyage is by now, you must be living under a rock.) The Voyage was my absolute favorite ride to operate and nothing brings me more joy then to just sit down and take in the wonderful atmosphere. There was not a soul to be found in the Thanksgiving section of the park when we arrived there around 6. After one quick trip on The Voyage, it turned into 8 more rides in a row. (I can definitely feel it in my neck right now, but it was totally worth it.) Having ridden it over 300 times, it never get's old. Proceeding The Voyage, we headed for the dark ride shooter known as Gobbler Getaway. (I by the way, am the self proclaimed greatest at the game. :lol: ) and planned on riding the brand spankin' new swinging ship The Mayflower. I was kind of disappointed when it was revealed as the new ride for 2014, but it packs a punch for such a minor ride. We started heading to The Fourth of July to finish off the flat rides that we hadn't done, and that's when the remaining guests in the park headed to Thanksgiving so we got out just in time. When we arrived at the S&S Double Shot named Liberty Launch, my stomach was in knots even though I've done it countless times. But all went well and more storm clouds were gathering in the distance so we decided to pick up speed and finish off the day with Halloswings and the one, the only, The Raven. It was definitely a great trip for sure. The one thing I know I can always expect when i go to Holiday World, is that you're always treated with sincerity, and friendless. The park is always in tip top shape, and it's almost so clean, you could eat off the pavement. (Just kidding, please don't eat your funnel cakes and Kringle's Pizza off the ground.) Holiday World, is only a 25 minute drive for me and it's nice to be able to just get away on days to ride some Coasters, slide some slides, and enjoy life. If you get the chance to visit I HIGHLY suggest you do. The value they offer is almost unbeatable. Free Parking? Free Sunscreen? Forget that! Get out of the way! Gotta get my Free unlimited soft drinks. Hope you enjoyed my little report. Enjoy some pictures :)

Image (The drink in my cup is my own little concoction that tastes pretty good. Get the fruit punch gatorade and add a splash of sierra mist and bam, you got the RickRollin'Cocktail!)

Now for The Legend Photos during it's maintenance

Image (Yes there are some boats still in the station.)

Image (Markers on the hill up to the clearing/construction site.)

Image (View of markers and Hyena Falls. The Construction/clearing is just beyond the complex.)

Image (The newly renovated Dive Theater)

Image (Main plaza in Christmas as we were leaving was almost a Ghost town.)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Nice trip report- really like a couple of the shots of voyage you have!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

There were some really nice pics in there and it seems like you had fun :) thanks for sharing! I love when you can plan a trip perfectly
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Sucks that Legend was down, thats my favorite ride there.

Freddie wrote:
Sucks that Legend was down, thats my favorite ride there.

The Legend is so rough now a days, I used to be able to handle it, but it's terrible now.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ That's how I felt about Rolling Thunder. Glad it's gone now.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports