Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What's your favorite roller coaster manufacturer?

What's your favorite roller coaster manufacturer?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
This topic has probably been made before, but let's get an updated version! What's everyone's favorite roller coaster manufacturer? Mine has to be B&M, they might not make the most wild rides, but their prestigious approach to roller coasters is really inspiring.

Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/1804795

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Aw man. I put Premier Rides on the poll but I think overall, it may be Gravity Group. They like to pack intensity and airtime into their rides, and they're just beautiful. I like rough rides fine.
I know it's too early and maybe a bit biased but Chance rides looks promising as well. How can you go wrong when you hire the creators of the Zipper to make your new coaster?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
My favorite is Intamin.
Their fast and crazy rides are the most fun for me.
Go Dragster and Millennium!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'd have to go with Intamin because of Dragster and Maverick. B&M doesn't push the envelope as much as they used to, but then again that could be why Intamin's safety/reliability record is so bad compared to B&M. I wish I had an opinion about Gravity Group, Mack, or some of the other companies but I haven't been on their rides.

Intamin seriously needs to get its act together. I'm amazed CP kept Shoot the Rapids after last year's serious incident considering it hasn't even ran for a 3/4 of a day yet this year.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ I'm surprised as well, would have thought they would have trashed it.

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Im going to say arrow coasters are my favorite. They make rides like no other, sure they can be painful sometimes. I also have always loved Morgan coasters and I figure Morgan is just Arrow's little brother anyway. Their coasters are always so unique and simple at the same time. also my home park is Valleyfair and they have 3 Arrow coasters and a Morgan so it would feel wrong to pick something else :P

Im scared they may remove Excalibur soon :cry:
Plantoris

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I do like arrow as well, they made my favorite wooden coaster, Gemini, so I have to give them some credit for that.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Mine is a tie between Intamin and B&M. If somehow there was a manufacturer that made rides with intamin pacing and b&m theming I would be in love
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ That more speaks to me, I wish someone did a mix of MF, Mav, I305, and Nitro, and put them together, you would have one of the greatest coasters ever!

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I really love TOGO. They are really good and make nice smooth coasters, much smoother than Rebel Yell or Hurler.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

That doesn't surprise me that TOGO is your favorite, after all, you do make a lot of Jet Coasters in NL :)

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Points on hand: 1,683.00 Points
I really like Mack rides from Germany. The cars they make feel so freely, it doesn't feel like you're strapped to it which gives a real fun experience. And their tracks are very smooth (except Euro-mir in Europapark :? ). I also like Vekoma very much although they can hurt pretty bad. (Their headquarter is located in my country so i have to like them :P ). And of course B&M, S&S, Gravity group and Intamin are also very good :D .

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
B&M for me. Even though some of their more recent coasters have not been as intense as their earlier ones, B&M coasters always look like these massive behemoths on the horizon and (in the case of their hypers) sprawl across massive areas of land like some sort of massive snake (That pic of Nitro where you see it diving in and out of the tree line or Dragon khan silhouetted on the horizon from a distance are always the images that pop into my mind when I think of B&M).

This is why I don't really like the Intamin hypers/gigas/multiloopers, they seem to just stick to a small compact area instead of using a lot of space (millennium force sort of being the exception here).

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Steel: Intamin and Mack. Intamin rides are the best out there, really intense coasters, with lots of airtime. They also use the most advanced tech in their rides (hydraulic launch system, cable lift, lift structure in I305), even if it makes them fail sometime. And Mack is a mix between Intamin and B&M, making good rides with good reliability. And their amazing trains...

Wood: GCI, classic wooden style. Beautiful, smooth rides. They aren't the most exciting rided out there, but they are fun. If I would build a ride in my backyard it would be a GCI. A ride that I could reride forever. And also RMC, because they have changed the industry. Not just for putting inversions on wooden coaster, but for putting them in great layouts. Can't wait to see what they've got in store for the following years.

Honorable mention: B&M old style. Those are amazing, and if they still made rides like those, it would be my favorite. Aww, how much I love Dragon Khan... That zero G roll is perfect. My favorite inversion without any doubt.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

My favorite inversion from B&M has to be the Cobra roll, nothing like it in my opinion :)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
B&M because Nemesis. To be honest it's more John Wardley but whatever
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
B&M or Intamin for me. I love the old school B&M's like Kumba and Nemesis and newer Intamins such as Maverick and ispeed!

I kinda also like maurer sohne. Sure they are not as good as B&M or Intamin, but I think that with a few more models (I think they had some plans for a 4 across train similar to skyrush's?) and innovations they could really take off. Their car designs leave the opportunity for some awesome layout and unique elements, like the underbanked turns and awesome Humpty Bump lifts.

I think its Intamin for me though. They have better layouts and more possibility for features than B&M (vertical lift, launch ect.) I'm going to go with Intamin.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I'm absolutely for Intamin! Their megalites are glass smooth even when riders get a ton of negative and lateral g's! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Return to General Theme Park Discussions