Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Mexico Gets Medusa Steel Roller Coaster

Six Flags Mexico Gets Medusa Steel Roller Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

tiepilot35 wrote:
I'm not sure why we're comparing Goliath and Medusa so straight-forwardly. One is a custom and one is a retrack. Obviously the custom has to be shorter because it's more expensive to do that.

not arguing with that, however one was built as a remake of an already existing layout whereas the other was made for the whole "tallest + fastest = bestest" thing that six flags likes to do (and for me, tallest and fastest wont mean anything if it doesn't have a good layout). Goliath has a nice layout, it's not a 45 second gimmick ride for which I'm thankful, however I prefer a better layout over a decent layout with some titles slapped onto it.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Goliath's problem is that it's too short.

Agreed!
Oscar wrote:
tiepilot35 wrote:
I'm not sure why we're comparing Goliath and Medusa so straight-forwardly. One is a custom and one is a retrack. Obviously the custom has to be shorter because it's more expensive to do that.

Excited to see an official POV of how this runs!

Hopefully we'll be one of the first to get it, I've received word from the director of communications of SF Mexico that we'll be among the first to get it when it is available :)

Which means, subscribe to our YouTube channel :D : https://www.youtube.com/user/CoasterCrazyVideos

Yay! Shameless self advertising :D!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Update!
Medusa is now officially open at Six Flags Mexico!

Yesterday's opening of Thunderbolt in Coney Island was exciting, but it wasn't the only new for 2014 coaster to open that day. Six Flags Mexico also took the wraps off of Medusa Steel Coaster, allowing the public to ride for the first time.

Happily for those of us who couldn't just jump on a plane and head to Mexico, the park has released a point of view video for us to check out. You ready for this one?

When we saw testing video of Medusa Steel Coaster last week, we got the idea that this Rocky Mountain conversion was tearing through the course - but wow. The new steel tracks follow the old wooden coaster's layout very closely, and comparing duration from top of the lift to brakes, the new version shaves nearly ten seconds off the ride time! That's a substantial amount of time on a relatively short coaster track - a considerably higher average speed for sure.

I'm anxious to hear how people feel this new conversion ranks among their favorite rides - from the video (and granted it is just a video...) it would appear as this is one heck of a ride!

Just for fun, here's the old wooden version of Medusa. It's sort of fun to compare the two.

Source

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

That ride is EPIC
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It really is! Please bring one to Great Adventure, it looks so awesome!

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!