Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Hand Building Tips And Or Newton 2 Tips

Hand Building Tips And Or Newton 2 Tips

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post June 17th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
Every time I hand build I find it impossible to get the correct shaping while maintaining the proper g forces.
Attachments
Terrible Hand Building.png
Last edited by Topthrill123 on June 17th, 2014, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm working on this and a newton 2 track but i'm gonna do them both one element at a time so I can get feedback. Here's the first part of my newton ride.
Attachments
Newton.png

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points
that looks pretty damn good shaping for hand building but i totally can relate with the whole g force problem.. especially with zero g rolls

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Correct shaping and Controlled G's come hand in hand - I'd concentrate on shaping and G's will follow suit. If they don't it's likely a scale problem or perhaps banking?

Looks good though, can't really see anything wrong - perhaps the loop wants to be a little more tear shaped but it looks alright.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
It??????s easy to build a nice track with NoLimits, if it comes to special things like a typically shaping and g-forces, you need a bit of experience and trial and error. If you are a bit deeper into the editor, you??????ll find out a pretty easy way because you??????re into the "flow". As ride-op said in a podcast: try to move some vertices and roll-points and you??????ll see where things are going.

1.) It??????s not everytime the best way to let the smoothing tool doing the most work. The track is getting bigger and rounder (similar the AHG did). Sometimes it??????s better to have less vertices and smoothing only a few of them or...

2.) ...locking special vertices you??????ll not moving by smoothing!

LoopUnSmoothed.jpg
This is an un-Smoothed Loop! Built by hand...

As an example: this is a hand built loop.

LoopSmoothed.jpg
The same loop with locked vertices and smoothed!

As you can see, now it??????s smoothed by using the smoothing tool. If you look close, you can see that every second vertice is "locked" and the smoothing tool did hold the shape, but smoothing the track!

One more tip: You know, now, that the smoothing tool will make your shaping a bit bigger... with that information in mind, you know also that you have to build your shapes a tad smaller ;) In comination with the locked vertices and a tighter building method, i??????m sure you??????ll get a smooth shaping which is also very realistic. NoLimits2 is also a bit of creative-building :mrgreen:

3.) If you have your shaping with the roll-points the first time done (inclusive with the no-lateral-button), try to move the vertices (only a bit) to get a smooth g-force- and radius-comb. The use of the radius comb can help much to get a smoother track (especially with inverted coaster types). Unlock the snap and moving the vertices a bit around until you get a smoothed g-force- and radius-comb. It may need a bit sensitivity until you get a feeling for it, but it is worth it! If you have the feeling .. you don??????t need even the smoothing-tool to get a smooth track by hand-building ;)

4.) Another thing is to understand the g-forces and wat is happening at a specific point of the track. If you build per hand, it??????s good to know what you??????re doing. If you use a tool, the tool will calculate the track with your given directions. If you are building by hand, you need a bit of understanding of speed-radius-transition-and-direction... ...if you keep that in mind, all kind of typical shaping is possible.

I hope i can help out a bit. It??????s not easy to say that all in english what i had in my mind ;)

I think I just try to compare my tracks to the experts too much.

Points on hand: 764.00 Points

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Magu78 wrote:
I hope i can help out a bit. It??????s not easy to say that all in english what i had in my mind ;)

you're good man, that was all clear :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Would you all say that for a beginner, using Newton 2 is the way to go to build a track, or no?

Turbo User avatar

Personally I'd say no. I just don't want to take the time to think about what I'm doing. I like just placing and dragging my nodes into bad shaping positions :D
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

I think I'm getting this down. The supports are not final.
Attachments
screenshot-2014-06-18-14-02-54.png
screenshot-2014-06-18-14-03-10.png
screenshot-2014-06-18-14-03-02.png
screenshot-2014-06-18-14-03-30.png

Turbo User avatar

I wouldn't use that rail connector, it wasn't made for that track type. Actually, most X Car supports just connect to the track directly like this:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Turbo User avatar

no problem :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2