Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Suspended cars not swinging on straight track after curve.

Suspended cars not swinging on straight track after curve.

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
The subject is pretty self explanatory. I'm trying to build a suspended coaster and there's a section of straight track after a pretty tight curve. The intention was for the cars to continue swinging somewhat on the straight track, at least for a bit... yet when the cars hit that track, they immediately stop swinging as if I locked it (I didn't!).

I have built other suspended coasters in NL2 and I don't remember this being an issue, but maybe I'm wrong... I've never worked on one as seriously as this.

For a second I thought it might have had something to do with the vertices or roll points being set to strict, but that really doesn't make sense... I changed the strict vertices just in case but I think some of the rolls are still strict-ed.

Ideas?

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
It may sound obvious but are you sure you haven't unintentionally moved or add a trigger? or maybe is hidden in the viewport .

No, positively not. First I had a trigger set a little after the curve to lock the swinging, so I thought maybe when the first car hit it the whole train locked, but I removed that trigger and the same problem is happening. The only trigger on the track now, for absolute certain, is right after the lift to unlock swinging (I've only got the first 1/3 of the track completed or so).

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

could we see pics?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Sure. I'm running NL through Bootcamp on a Mac and need to be on the OSX side until later, but I'll edit this post and attach some ASAP.

It's possible that the curve before hand isn't tight enough to cause rebound swinging, but between the bank of the track and the swinging the cars are at a pretty high angle before the straight away so I would have expected them to swing to the other side at least once...

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It's very possible that it's just due to the suspended swinging physics that comes with the first edition of the game. It's crap. There's nothing you can really do about it at this point, if that is in fact the cause. Have you noticed that the swinging seems strange in other places as well?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ Yes, swinging is quite weird in some places of this game. But I am sure overtime it will improve and get corrected.

GerstlCrazy wrote:
It's very possible that it's just due to the suspended swinging physics that comes with the first edition of the game. It's crap. There's nothing you can really do about it at this point, if that is in fact the cause. Have you noticed that the swinging seems strange in other places as well?

Sort of... the swinging isn't TOO weird in other places on this track, but I don't have much of it yet and so far there aren't many places for the swinging to get very strange. Besides that I haven't really seen a ton of other suspended coasters so it's a bit hard to say, but after fooling around more I'm starting to think that's all it is.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, never ended up on my PC again last night. I'll take some soon, but I have a feeling Gerst is probably on to something.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Have you tried putting it in the toaster?

no...

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2