Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Hand building again

Hand building again

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post July 4th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points

Post July 4th, 2014, 1:48 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

EDIT:nvm, I'm blind.

looks cool so far

EDIT again: not sure how I feel about the roll after the turn
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post July 4th, 2014, 1:55 pm

Post July 4th, 2014, 8:23 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post July 5th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Post July 5th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points

Post July 5th, 2014, 2:13 pm

Post July 5th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I was going to ask about the train style but now it makes more sense
What are these for?

Post July 5th, 2014, 3:15 pm

I know this isn't exactly related but I was wondering if you can export a track from FVD++ to NL2? I am so bipolar with FVD. I get tired of it but then I want to give it another try.

Post July 5th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Idk how much you've fooled around with it, but I've found the in-game FVD to be an excellent adjunct to hand-building. There is no doubt that it's far less powerful and less precise than Newton or FVD++ but it is also much, much easier to use and still very effective IMO. Now that I've been using it for a while I feel like there isn't really anything I can't make exactly the way I've envisioned it between hand-building and the built in FVD panel.

Post July 5th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Are there any tutorials for the built in FVD? I just don't know what to plug in for starting times etc. Also idk where to click on the graphs exactly.

Post July 5th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I also find Newton2 really hard when I try to use "Multi-Zone Force" mode. It does bug me a lot, because each section tends to go wrong in transitions or get crazy like "I've given up, LOL! :lol:" in my case, by moving sliders for setting angles! I heard "Single-Zone" was now out of place for fine-tuning or shaping tracks, was it true? ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 6th, 2014, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Topthrill123 wrote:
Are there any tutorials for the built in FVD? I just don't know what to plug in for starting times etc. Also idk where to click on the graphs exactly.

Someone else might know if there are tutorials around, but I haven't found any... I have been meaning to make some myself for a while but am having storage issues (i.e. don't even have enough space to make a video before uploading and deleting it from my HD) so I'm working it out.

Until then I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you have about the built in FVD, to the best of my ability.

One thing I will say off the bat is that unlike Newton or FVD, I don't think it's really possible to build an entire ride with the built in console. What I do is either build the lift and first drop or launch and start with the FVD from that point (usually up until the MCBR if applicable and then continuing on after), or sometimes depending on my mood I will only use the FVD for more complex elements. The built in FVD seems to have a little bit of issues handling start-speed values which are very low... I try to start it at a point where the speed is at least 20mph/32kmh.

Anyway, feel free to PM me with any specific questions about the built in FVD or ask them here and I'll do my best to answer.

As for your two in your other post: you don't really set start values besides speed. The first points in the FVD are unmovable, and calculated based on the force at the current last vertex. You can change the speed, which can be easily found using the speed comb (I'm sure you know this, just a reminder). In a way, you can "set" the start values just by making sure the last vertex is where you want it to be, but honestly I find it best to start the FVD on an essentially straight piece of track and then just move the whole element to fix the transition when finished.

You add points to the built-in FVD console by right-clicking on one of the graph lines (red, green, blue) for the type of force you are wanting to change (vertical Gs, lats, and roll respectively). Once you have set the point with a right click, you can left-click and drag it around to where you want. There are also boxes near the bottom of the console which allow you to type in specific values for any selected point, for example, you could select a point and manually say you want it set at 1 second into the element, at 1.8Gs.

Post July 7th, 2014, 7:45 am

Thank you so much! Btw can you let me know when you have a tutorial up as i tend to be a visual learner. Thanks for the tips though!

Post July 9th, 2014, 11:22 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2