Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Ninja @ Six Flags Magic Mountain Front Bogie Derails

Ninja @ Six Flags Magic Mountain Front Bogie Derails

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Or an old branch fell off a big tree. It happens. The tree in front of my parent's house split in half vertically down the middle after a windstorm once.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Its a little of both accident and negligence, but bottom line is now they ARE going to be looking at trees everywhere and trimming them all back. Hopefully not too much.
Plantoris

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
The ride is important to the park's history, also SFMM needs its 18 coaster record. So I HIGHLY doubt Ninja will go anywhere. I wouldn't say the same about the trees surrounding the ride.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Mikey wrote:
This is 100% the parks fault. Even if it's a freak accident, it still could have been prevented if the park was routinely inspecting the trees near the ride. This is trivial considering the fact that the ride was built, and operates within an earthquake prone area. That means regular inspections of footers and support structures for signs of fatigue, stress, joint separation, broken welds etc. Your telling me that during all those inspections, no one thought to look at the trees in the fall path of the ride?

Wonder what else did Six Flags forget to look at....

Thanks for you and Turbo saying this, it's totally the park's fault. Great Adventure is bad with Kingda Ka trees, by the end of the season, one of the trees usually reaches almost over the handrail on the right side of the launch creating a safety hazard in my opinion.

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!