Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Mantis at Cedar Point to Get Repainted?

Mantis at Cedar Point to Get Repainted?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
I say just leave it, throw some new trains on.

Edited because I forgot how to spell.

lol :lol:

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I got it! Put a 2 floorless trains, and 2 stand-up ones! You pick whichever one you want! Make the station bigger, and double loading like Maverick.
BOOM!

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Helo9797 wrote:
I got it! Put a 2 floorless trains, and 2 stand-up ones! You pick whichever one you want! Make the station bigger, and double loading like Maverick.
BOOM!

Interesting idea, I just can't figure out how it'd work, since both stations have different ways of loading and dispatching the trains.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

have it go stand up-floorless-stand up-floorless and have the front station be the standup station and have the back station be the floorless station and have it to where the standup passes through the floorless station and have the floorless pass through the standup station

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Are B&M standups really that painful? I have never been on one so I don't really know, but I may have to chance to ride a Togo stand up soon.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
I've been on Vortex at Carowinds, Mantis and Green Lantern and I never had a problem with any of them.

Edit: And on the idea of 2 train types, why not just have the front half of the train floorless and the back half standup?

Points on hand: 1,115.00 Points
They aren't really especially "painful", but I've also never ridden one and not thought "gee, this sure would be a lot more fun as a normal sit down."

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I rode Green Lantern as the last ride of the night when I got to ride it, It wasn't too painful on the ride itself, it was however a very uncomfortable 3 hour ride back home on a bus
What are these for?

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

CKidd wrote:
I rode Green Lantern as the last ride of the night when I got to ride it, It wasn't too painful on the ride itself, it was however a very uncomfortable 3 hour ride back home on a bus

lol. the bus rides are usually the worst

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yea, standups are very painful, although my past ride on Mantis this week was the best I've ever had. But I agree, it's time for it to become a floorless.

I've been on Riddler's Revenge at SFMM, and Mantis, I've never felt uncomfortable!
I am tall, does that have some advantage?
I thought Magnum XL 200 was painful, but I didn't think Mantis was. So that should t,ell you something!
The only problem with stand-ups is the load time, and people don't listen to the ride ops on how your suppose to stand.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I am tall, and the taller I got, the worse it was, it hurts your feet badly! Except this last time I road it last week.

What about weight? If your a bigger rider could that make someone have a worse ride? A g is weight, so the more you weigh the more heavy you feel.
NOT CALLING YOU FAT! haha'
How does it hurt your feet? WHY?
I understand if your crotch might hurt, but why your feet?

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
Because I've never been to the US I have never been on a B&M standup, But I have been on Shockwave, which is intamin/B&M.
They aren't really painful, just uncomfortable as G-forces naturally are standing straight up. On Shockwave at least, it seems to depend on where you are on the train to how uncomfortable it is. The front seems a lot nicer, and the back a lot worse. Discomfort definitely seems to correlate with intensity.

I'm 5''8, but it definitely wasn't as bad as riding it when I was much shorter. I think that height makes a slight difference. With different heights the heartline is pretty interchangeable I would guess.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Helo9797 wrote:
What about weight? If your a bigger rider could that make someone have a worse ride? A g is weight, so the more you weigh the more heavy you feel.
NOT CALLING YOU FAT! haha'
How does it hurt your feet? WHY?
I understand if your crotch might hurt, but why your feet?

Your weight has something to do with it as you are standing up and it is going along with the g-forces on your body. More weight=More g-force.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Step 1: Actually stand. No magical knee bending. No slouching. No sitting. Just stand. It's not hard.

Step 2: Don't be fat. It pushes your balls into the seat. Maybe there is a magic ratio between being just fat and when you're fat enough to cause "male retreat" that fits in the restraints, but I doubt it.

Step 3: Don't have a massive torso. I come across this once every 10 trains and I try to be sympathetic.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I say, throw one floorless train on there, and one run of the mill sit down on there. Add another queue line and load each line every other train. If only running one train, close one queue.

^
Not really a different ride experience. There would be no point to that.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ It would be a completely different ride experience, sitdown floorless.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Kinda, I still think it would be different sitting down, and it would be a unique floorless coaster to me.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Can verify no headbanging if you sit down completely in the back row. Too bad standup trains absolutely throttle your taint if you sit.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!