Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Basic Dive loop In FVD++ Or Newton 2

Basic Dive loop In FVD++ Or Newton 2

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post July 30th, 2014, 11:53 am

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
Can someone show me how one of these is made in FVD++ and or Newton 2. All I need to see is the element itself with the graphs/ timelines. I can do an immalmenn but I can't do a dive loop

Post July 30th, 2014, 12:29 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post July 30th, 2014, 12:37 pm

That's what entropy said in his tutorial and that didn't help so much.

Post July 30th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

I made one for a wingrider im working on and left it in euler by accident and after modifying it in the editor by deleting a few messed up vertices it came out nicely. I agree doing an immellman backwards does not work at all for me. You just gotta hit or miss and play around with the settings. Also, use multiforce.

EDIT: Ill post the graph later when Im at home. Its a bit complex
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post July 30th, 2014, 2:45 pm

Coaster Hero wrote:
I made one for a wingrider im working on and left it in euler by accident and after modifying it in the editor by deleting a few messed up vertices it came out nicely. I agree doing an immellman backwards does not work at all for me. You just gotta hit or miss and play around with the settings. Also, use multiforce.

EDIT: Ill post the graph later when Im at home. Its a bit complex

That would be great!

Post July 30th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Here's a not-so-good example :) Im sure there is a much better way to do it, im just telling you how i did it.

I compromised it of 2 sections. The dive into the loop part, then the second half of the loop.

The first section is made of 2 roll sections, 4 normal sections, and just lock the laterals. For the first roll section, you want to bank about 30 or -30 degrees to go into the dive. This roll section should be short, but it can vary depending on your speed at the time of the element. For the second roll section, you are gonna roll by 150 or -150. This roll section should be the majority of the element, as seen below.

Now, for the normals. Im starting at 3.664 g's but anywhere between 3-4 is fine. As you can see in the above images, you're gonna wanna go down to about 2.5 g's in the first section which is around 1.5-1.7 seconds. The second is where you go to zero g's and is around 1-1.1 seconds. The third has no change in force and is around 1.5 seconds. The fourth and final one goes up to about 3 g's and is around 1.7-1.75 seconds. The g's are precise but as for the times, experiment and play around until you get it to the right size.

Now here is where I made my mistake. I made the normal sections longer than the roll sections. After your'e done with the roll based sections, make sure to lock the roll.

Also, the first roll section should be half as long in time as the first normal section. The second roll should cover the rest of it. That's all! If anyone has a better method, go ahead and post it. If you encounter any problems in the editor, feel free to let me know. :D
It's been a long time

Post July 31st, 2014, 11:14 am

It's hard if I don't work on the normal profile first. If it isn't any trouble could you demo it building the normal profile first and then the roll? Kinda how entropy does with an immalmenn. This is what i mean. I'll demo how I do an immalmenn and maybe you could kinda understand how I build my elements which could help you demo it better for my learning style.

Post July 31st, 2014, 1:21 pm

Post July 31st, 2014, 3:28 pm

you might want to make the first normal section shorter in time. Im trying to replicate the loop in newton now, but im having trouble as my conditions are not exact. Ill update this later

I hope this helps! Here you go, just for you!
It's been a long time

Post July 31st, 2014, 8:01 pm

Coaster Hero wrote:
you might want to make the first normal section shorter in time. Im trying to replicate the loop in newton now, but im having trouble as my conditions are not exact. Ill update this later

I hope this helps! Here you go, just for you!

thank you so much for making a video! I'm sure this will benefit more people than just me! thanks man!

Post August 2nd, 2014, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Coaster Hero: Thanks for your bar graphs for a Dive Loop! I didn't know how to tweak the inclined section before entering 180 a nose dive! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 2nd, 2014, 9:59 pm

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2